Author Topic: Heroes.opk  (Read 4399 times)

KeroBlasterMaster (OP)

Heroes.opk
« on: January 05, 2016, 06:25:46 pm »
Has anyone seen Heroes.opk?  There is a picture of the game on the gcw media page, though the game is not available on the repository or the downloads page at- http://www.gcw-zero.com/media

Surkow

• * Administrator
Re: Heroes.opk
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 08:09:54 pm »
It's still a work in progress and had some stability issues. No ETA at the moment. ;)

zear

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 08:10:59 pm »
That is one game port I still need to finish. It was put on the box because I was sure it is gonna be finished in time for the retail availability of GCW Zero. Sadly, I ran into problems with the port and it never got released.

If you're interested to see the work-in-progress, source code can be found here: https://github.com/gcwnow/heroes

David Knight

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 12:50:12 am »

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 01:18:21 am »
Same name, different game. ;)

KeroBlasterMaster (OP)

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 02:42:40 pm »
I don't have the programming skillset to do anything with that source code stuff.  I do want to learn more about how to positively contribute to this site whether that be learning how to port games or create my own and/or turn source code into opk's.  Is the Toolchain a good place to start?  or is that jumping to far ahead?  I picked up a linux essentials, book but I would be running toolchain on mac OS X...

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 03:32:14 pm »
I don't have the programming skillset to do anything with that source code stuff.  I do want to learn more about how to positively contribute to this site whether that be learning how to port games or create my own and/or turn source code into opk's.  Is the Toolchain a good place to start?  or is that jumping to far ahead?  I picked up a linux essentials, book but I would be running toolchain on mac OS X...
If you aren't well versed into programming you could also start with pygame. Python (the programming language) and pygame (Python modules designed for writing games using SDL) are both included by default on the GCW Zero.

Post a new topic