Author Topic: GCW Smashers  (Read 3150 times)

xXFrostXx (OP)

• * Former Staff
GCW Smashers
« on: November 09, 2015, 12:39:14 am »
Hey everyone,

I haven't been on Dingoonity since August because of the fall semester, but I'm back now, and I'm bringing with me an idea for a new game! (GCW Smashers is the first name that came to mind, so...)

While I've helped out a bit here and there with other things for the GCW-Zero, I haven't created a game for the GCW-Zero, and so I'm pitching this idea in the hopes that maybe I can form a group of people and we can all work on it together. I would be a big part in helping to make the graphics, and a friend of mine would be able to help create original music and sfx for the game.

Now onto the game itself. It would be inspired by Super Smash Brothers. The same type of fighting game. (However it would be 2D of course.) There could be battles against AI, or online battles. As for characters and items, the entire GCW community could pitch ideas. I think it would be a neat idea that the community as a whole could contribute to.
We could even put the moderators and former staff in as characters. ;)

I'm still working out some ideas, but I just wanted to mention this, to see if anyone is interested in the idea and are willing to help out with it. :D

P.S. In case I didn't explain this clear enough, take a look at the fan game Super Smash Brothers Crusade for somewhat of an idea.
http://www.indiedb.com/games/super-smash-bros-crusade/images
Dingoonity is the place to be!

thefifthgiant

Re: GCW Smashers
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 01:26:57 pm »
Sounds awesome, though ambitious for sure!

if the ball gets rolling on this I'd be happy to have the chance to provide input. All I can offer are ideas though, since I have no development skills  ;)

Fluxchar

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 04:22:40 pm »
 ;D id be on board with this as I lve smash brothers and crusaders is amazing.... I have no backround in trying to help except add ideas an input.... otherwise I would love to help.

gameblabla

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 11:24:59 pm »
I think someone did a ssb clone with RPG Maker 2003.
If i ever find again then we will all be able to play on GCW0 using EasyRPG.

If not, well...
Maybe i should start looking into it but i'm not making any promises because i'm an awful video game programmer.
If someone can post some sprite templates here for a ssb clone, that would be way too cool.

Ziz

• http://ziz.gp2x.de
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 09:25:24 pm »
Please think of the big wifi latency for network play over internet! I doubt a realtime online play experience is doable.

So how about a turn based Super Smash Bros. like Chess or Nethack?  ;)
I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar. Wash

Post a new topic