• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Vote for the next Zear's port  (Read 12290 times)

Xaijiqq

Re: Vote for the next Zear's port
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 04:11:04 pm »
Heroes!  not into snake games but that footage won me over the rest

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 12:53:51 am »
Diablo and it's clones are so overrated. Mindless, skill-less, shallow spammy grind fests. A little kiting, spam the same two or three skills and potions over and over, and then you win. All set in boring same-y isometric environments. Whoopty-fucking-ding-dong-doo.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 01:05:47 am by Waiting... »

Xaijiqq

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 04:03:55 am »
with sugar on top?

blastyrant

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 01:58:31 am »
Commander Genius is my vote. that engine supports the first 4 games, plus mods. so this would mean we would get a bunch of games to play instead of just one, based on the other choices.

also all of these wonderful reasons:
As Nebuleon have noticed - a native remake of the game has a lot of benefits. Commander Genius adds new features: optional high quality textures, ogg soundtrack (!), faster framerate (the original was limited to 30fps, CG can optionally run at 60fps), eyecandies (score/lifebar, visual effects on picking up items), improved save state handling, 4 player co-op mode, support for the Invasion of the Vorticons (Keen 1-3) and Goodbye Galaxy (Keen 4-5) series, as well as mods and fan games. On top of everything it fixes bugs from the original DOS game.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 02:01:22 am by blastyrant »

johnnyonflame

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 12:29:31 am »
Diablo and it's clones are so overrated. Mindless, skill-less, shallow spammy grind fests. A little kiting, spam the same two or three skills and potions over and over, and then you win. All set in boring same-y isometric environments. Whoopty-fucking-ding-dong-doo.

doom and all its clones are retarded all you do is shoot shit lol
alone in the dark and all its clones are retarded all you do is fetch shit and use the items
castlevania and metroid and all its clones are retarded all you do is explore to fetch itens and abilities to do the same again
etc... etc...

Vato

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 01:26:40 am »
alone in the dark and all its clones are retarded all you do is fetch shit and use the items
castlevania and metroid and all its clones are retarded all you do is explore to fetch itens and abilities to do the same again
etc... etc...

/Vato likes johnny's post.

havent voted (yet), as im a felon and my voting rights have been revoked. j/k lol
....or am i 0.O

surfi80

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 06:31:22 am »

etc... etc...
;D BAZINGA  ;D
play with the best? die like the rest!

http://www.elotrolado.net/wiki/PS_VITA_Usuarios_EoL

theweirdn8

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 04:11:07 pm »

Guys Flare is NOT finished yet.

zear (OP)

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 07:06:14 pm »

Guys Flare is NOT finished yet.
It actually is close to a finished state. Also, my port, when done, will be merged with the upstream code, meaning that whenever an update to the game is released, a GCW Zero version will be available.

surfi80

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 07:49:41 pm »
you are a machine Zear  ;D

play with the best? die like the rest!

http://www.elotrolado.net/wiki/PS_VITA_Usuarios_EoL

zear (OP)

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 09:06:26 pm »
I don't mean my port being done (although it's in a working state), but the original game. According to the official website, the next stable release will be the 1.0 version.

Please note that the voting is still taking place (until I release the Wizznic! game port), so it is not yet decided what game will I focus on next.

Inertia

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2014, 10:43:53 pm »
I voted commander genius for I don't care for h&s on this kind of device after having played over and over some cult ones like diablo 2.
And BTW, excellent news for Giana return!!! :) <3
Thank you for all the hard work Zear!!!

howie_k

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 07:48:23 am »
Likewise, thanks for all your hard work. I hope that one of the secret ports you are working on is Hurrican, love a bit of Turrican-esque shooting/platforming :)

zear (OP)

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 10:22:25 pm »
Likewise, thanks for all your hard work. I hope that one of the secret ports you are working on is Hurrican, love a bit of Turrican-esque shooting/platforming :)
No, that's actually what JohnnyOnFlame has been working on.

howie_k

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2014, 10:24:38 pm »

Ok cool, I did remember seeing a Hurrican screen on one of the KS updates, and I recall someone making a comment that it still needed some work to be playable.

Gab1975

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 12:41:25 pm »

It would be not bad to get to know some info about the Hurrican "work in progress" ! ;) ... in any case, thanks for your work! :)

johnnyonflame

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2014, 04:56:03 am »

It would be not bad to get to know some info about the Hurrican "work in progress" ! ;) ... in any case, thanks for your work! :)

Not finished, playable, needs a complete menu rewrite.
I might disclose the sources in the near future, because from now on my time is going to be -very- limited.

Gab1975

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 09:10:16 am »
I might disclose the sources in the near future, because from now on my time is going to be -very- limited.

I can suppose that all menu texts/options have to be adapted to the QVGA resolution... thanks for the answer! :)

PS: to the current development stage what is the average fps during the gameplay?

johnnyonflame

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 03:58:45 pm »

I can suppose that all menu texts/options have to be adapted to the QVGA resolution... thanks for the answer! :)

PS: to the current development stage what is the average fps during the gameplay?

Good with occasional drops.

SteamShift

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 04:32:42 am »
Any updates on this?

Post a new topic