Author Topic: Twine Parser?  (Read 1476 times)

Goggles2114 (OP)

Twine Parser?
« on: March 05, 2016, 07:25:12 pm »
Twine is a bit of software that deals in making HTML interactive fiction based on CSS/HTML, and other bundled elements (images, Sound, etc... though those are kinda rare.) Was wondering if some kind of parser to read HTML files or look at an archive type (zip/7z, etc) to see if it meets a specific structure.

The problem here is the zero's limited screen size means custom themes would probably have to be cut out beyond looking for color information on background/text, text fonts used, and font effects.

Navigation would be fairly simple with just face buttons/dpad but then other things would need to be implemented like quick bookmarking while scrolling, how to deal with how the game handles timers to take into account possibly having to scroll text in timed events when on a 'normal' browser window you cn see the whole thing.

I just see it as a potentially RELATIVELY simple project that'd be a nice addition to the zero's software library, but I dunno what all would need to happen. I can guess, but I don't know what snarls would exist beyond layout optimizing for a small screen.

Durrsly

Re: Twine Parser?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 08:34:54 pm »
Depending on how it works, you might have some luck with WebPlay but it doesn't have mouse and keyboard.
I've tried with a game made in Quest, another text adventure program. Setting the screen border width to 320 helped it fit.
Quest is also open source (https://github.com/textadventures/quest)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 08:37:25 pm by Durrsly »