Author Topic: Tetris clone Löves feedback  (Read 2391 times)

vonzippenstein (OP)

• vonzippenstein.com
Tetris clone Löves feedback
« on: March 04, 2015, 12:39:55 am »
It's been suggested that I get this game on the release index. And that I should more thoroughly test it before creating a release thread. Personally I think it's great and play it all the time. But I could be wrong. Please let me know what you think or find.
Made a Tetris clone. It's something I originally put together a long while back. Over the last week made some improvements for the GCW-Zero like better randomization, an added score board, and the ability to speed up with button hold. If you make a highscore remember to enter in your initials before hitting start to save. Let me know if you find any bugs or have suggestions on how it could be improved or just want to look at the source and tell me that I can't script for spit. Hope you like it and thanks for playing.

Controls: d-pad to move blocks, B A L to rotate, X Y R to speed up, Start to pause and reset at game end. Select to quit.
Music by Beldoroon
Latest version: http://vonzippenstein.com/gcwzero/love2d/vztetris150914.opk

thefifthgiant

Re: Tetris clone Löves feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 03:09:50 pm »
I love this game, the graphics and music are great. When you first posted this, I had some feedback on the controls, but I like the way they are mapped now.

I play it a lot as well, and I think that every platform needs a good native tetris game ;)

Are you planning on adding any more features/options, or are you thinking more of just doing bugfixes and general polish before getting it in the release index?

vonzippenstein (OP)

• vonzippenstein.com
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 07:48:26 pm »
Mainly bug fixes. Though I am considering adding a title screen submitted by Gab1975 with options screen for mappable controls which could double as a built in instruction manual. And possibly some more visual effects like on block row removal. Thanks Fifth for your suggestion on adding counter-clockwise rotation.  ;D

fiver

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 02:05:17 am »
I played it for a bit last night. I didn't find anything broken; it seems solid. Greater variety of music would be nice.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 07:28:08 am »
I play it from time to time, the only problem I have is that the key repeat is too slow IMHO.

vonzippenstein (OP)

• vonzippenstein.com
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 07:34:40 am »
Do you use the speed up buttons? Initially I tried faster speeds but it became a bit unwieldy. So as a compromise I went with buttons that when held triple your movement speed moving left or right. X, Y, or R. It's really necessary at higher levels.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 02:08:13 pm »
Well I didn't know they existed :p

thefifthgiant

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 05:06:15 pm »
Mainly bug fixes. Though I am considering adding a title screen submitted by Gab1975 with options screen for mappable controls which could double as a built in instruction manual.

I think that is a good idea. Everyone will probably want to have the ability to tweak the controls to fit their own play-style, especially in such a skill-based game like tetris ;) Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic