Author Topic: stopping gmenu2x  (Read 1708 times)

romanaOne (OP)

stopping gmenu2x
« on: June 10, 2020, 04:54:29 pm »
What launches /usr/bin/gmenu2x?

I compiled gmenunx (https://github.com/zhuzhe1983/GMenuNext ) but I can't test it because I don't understand what is starting gmenu2x. There is nothing about it in /etc/init.d and /usr/bin/gmenu2x is sitting in a readonly filesystem so i can't just back it up and overwrite /usr/bin/gmenu2x.

Telnetting into the gcw0, I can't kill gmenu2x either: it instantly respawns. Surely I don't have to deal with all the buildroot crap to roll a new rootfs just to change one executable file?

pcercuei

• My devblog
Re: stopping gmenu2x
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 06:14:45 pm »
/etc/inittab launches /usr/sbin/frontend_start, which will launch /usr/local/sbin/frontend_start if it exists, or gmenu2x otherwise.

So you can put it as local/frontend_start on the internal memory and it should start (make it executable).

romanaOne (OP)

Re: stopping gmenu2x
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 04:21:19 pm »
Thanks for that info. Alas, the version of gmenunext above does not have OPK support and seems not to be completely set up for GCW0: defining TARGET_GCW0 doesn't actually do anything other than set the correct path in /sys/blah/blah.... for the battery status..

The only feature I miss in GCW0's old gmenu2x is remembering the last played ROM. I'll have to hunt around to find which of the many gmenu forks has this feature and OPK support. I think the one in retrofw 2.2 does, but I can't find the source code.

Post a new topic