I don't own a gcw yet (I wait for the delivery of EvilDragon), but however compiled my newest project for the gcw. In fact I wrote it because of the gcw, but lets start earlier.
Does any of you know "Compo4All"? C4A is a system skeezix invented some months ago. First it was just meant to read MAME-scores out of the memory and commit these scores afterwards to an online highscore. I will not port MAME or the MAME-functionality of C4A. But C4A evolved. Now it is possible to use it in non-MAME applications, too. But it had disadvantages:
- You need an extra program to commit scores.
- The program to commit was Pandora only.
- The program to create accounts (essential to commit scores!) was Pandora only
- Even if you port the program, it needs gtk, python and a keyboard
- Furthermore skeezix has a LOT to do these days because of his new twins. So a port for other system was had low priority
So I spoke to him and got the okay to reimplement the client side of his great work.
Now you don't need an extra application to commit anymore. The only thing you need is my library "sparrowNet", which is more practical. The program I want to introduce here, uses this library.
So, what can you do with "Sparrow Compo4All Manager"?
- You can create an account on the C4A server and you get a global profile file for all supported gcw applications
- You can edit your account
- You can delete your account
- Furthermore you can have a look at highscores of all possible C4A-games. Unfortunately most of them are MAME only at the moment, but I am quite sure, that more and more applications of the pandora will be avaible on the gcw sooner or later.
These are screenshots of the application:
I would be glad, if someone could test this program. Jxv already tested an older version and even committed scores as you see in the screenshots, so the opk file should work.
Of course you need an internet connection to create an account. Jxv reported, that there was some trouble about getting an connection, if an USB device is connected (or similar, he can explain best I think), so keep an eye on that.http://ziz.gp2x.de/downloads/Sparrow-C4A-Manager/Sparrow-C4A-Manager-gcw-22.214.171.124.opk
If you got an account, feel free to test the newest Puzzletube Version I released, too:http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-development/puzzletube