Author Topic: Gameblabla's Oswan  (Read 18778 times)

CopyKitten

Re: Oswan
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 08:05:21 am »
Another long post...

Sorry for your roms man, i should have been more careful :(
This is fixed and you were only affected if you used the R button.

It's okay, I do have a backup copy. You don't have a GCW0 with you yet? I ask this because it seems like you compiled the key mappings with trials and errors. Guess what... another unresolved button mappings haha!

The Joystick is perfectly fine even when in Swap Mode but not the Dpad. When I activate the Swap X1, Y1, the Dpad Up becomes Dpad Down and vice versa (same cases on both horizontal and vertical games).

Oh, i get it. What happen to the A and B buttons though ?
Judgement Silversword does not use it ?

Vertical games such as GunPey EX, Judgement Silversword, Kurupara!, Tetris and Wonder Classic didn't utilized the A & B buttons but Sorobang did use it for getting back to the menu (A button) and restarting the level (B button). And most (that I checked on PC) of the graphic novel games omitted the A & B buttons too. So I guess just disabled the A & B buttons (including the Turbo X & Y buttons) or you can shifted the B & A to L & R respectively (but then the quick save/load can only be access via the Menu). Is it too cumbersome to implements If B & A Is L & R, disable Quick Save/Load type of function?

But here's another solution:
1. If the ABXY Is DPad is ON, then create DPad Is ABXY (the original ABXY inputs) as an overrides function (This way, we can keep ABXY = DPad and at the same time an ability to overrides the DPad with the AB/XY inputs). I think you'll confused to what I'm trying to explain, so it leads us to #2.
2. Or easier, just create a Swap DPad and ABXY function. But this isn't compatible with my request near end post below... about the ABXY = Joystick, unless you redefined it to something like:

Swap Mode (On/Off):
(Choice #1) ABXY = DPad
(Choice #2) ABXY = Joystick
Note: Only one option is selectable at a time.

Anyways, i added it as "ABXY Is DPad : (Yes/No)".

When I activate it, the A & B buttons is incorrect though because what was for A button... now becomes the B button and vice versa.

I may or may have not fixed on GCW0, you will have to test this.

So far, I didn't encounter any bugs regarding the quicksaving. But, the X & Y buttons is mirrored to the wrong A & B buttons. Same cases as above:
X = A (wrong as of now), X = B (fixed)
Y = B (wrong as of now), Y = A (fixed)

Is the X & Y Rapid Fires (Turbo buttons) really works or it is just mirroring the same normal A & B buttons? Because I don't feel any differences.

IF there are no more issues, then i will (as usual) try to improve the emulation core.

Since the Menu is expanded, can you finalized it later by grouping them into a sub category. And here's another request (my request never ends lol!):
- POWER slider can activates the Game Menu too.
- Multiple save slots (in the future?).
- A warning prompts that can be toggle on/off if we try to do a quick save/load (Accidental button pressed prevention).
- Ability to delete a savestate (not necessarily but can be useful).
- IF ABXY Is NOT DPad, THEN:
  1. Rapid Fire OFF: A = Y, and B = X.
  2. Rapid Fire ON: Y = Rapid Fire A, and B = Rapid Fire B.
- ABXY Is Joystick (Contrast to ABXY Is DPad).

Also, if anyone knows what was the first Mednafen version to play Kinnikution properly, that would be great.
( Please, don't tell me it was the first one :( )

I do have a suggestion but I don't think you'll like the idea. What about supporting a combo engines? Auto exit the emulator (comes with warning) after switching the engine and then rerun the emulator manually? One is based on Mednafen (Cygne emulator right?) and the other is the Oswan? The windows of Oswan 1.73 can almost play everything including the Kinnikuman II-Sei - Dream Tag Match and Super Robot Taisen Compact 2 - Dai-123-bu games. Is the Oswan for GCW0 an older built/version?

Can you salvage anything (core engine, etc) from one of these source codes:
Oswan 1.73 + OswanJ rev99 (not so sure about the OswanJ engine though, better try the r104 version below)
NomadSwan
OswanJ r104?
Others

And finally, the settings for Swap X1, Y1 and ABXY Is DPad didn't make their way into the config file.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:10:36 am by CopyKitten »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 08:40:24 pm »
Hello,
I got frustrated with what Alekmaul did with Oswan (For example, he used an unsigned int to sprites, which means they will dispappear when close to the screen) among with other things.
I switched the core to OswanJ, only keeping the GUI and some of the beneficial modifications he did.
I renamed my monster to "Gameblabla's Oswan" and it can now play Kinnikuman !

Final Fantasy II is playable as well so Super Robot Taisen Compact 2 should be.
Dragon Ball is still problematic, it now crashes the emulator.

What i did as well:
- Fixing X and Y (now mapped to B and A respectively)
- Save settings for Swap and ABXY

Still not fixed:
- Check if X and Y are working as rapid fire buttons.
- Power Slider support. (I need to check the doc)
- Multiple Save Slots (shouldn't be to complicated...)
- Warning Prompt for L & R

Much thanks to CopyKitten for his feedback and suggestions !
And no CopyKitten, i don't own a GCW0, it's effectively pretty much trial and error...

CopyKitten

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 01:35:14 pm »
I intend to keep this particular post simple and short but lol!

Hello,
I got frustrated with what Alekmaul did with Oswan (For example, he used an unsigned int to sprites, which means they will dispappear when close to the screen) among with other things.
I switched the core to OswanJ, only keeping the GUI and some of the beneficial modifications he did.
I renamed my monster to "Gameblabla's Oswan" and it can now play Kinnikuman !
Care to at least add an About section for developers and emulator version/revision later?

What i did as well:
- Fixing X and Y (now mapped to B and A respectively)
- Save settings for Swap and ABXY
You know what? it's really fun to play Judgement Silversword with ABXY is DPAD activated, either you're left or right-handed. And so with the Swap Mode for Dicing Knight, Rockman EXE WS and Kinnikuman!

Final Fantasy II is playable as well so Super Robot Taisen Compact 2 should be.
Dragon Ball is still problematic, it now crashes the emulator.
Yeah, awe.............................................................some! More playable games.

But if a game is crashing, is it possible for you to make it to do a Force Exit condition? (similar case to Kinnikuman, after the crashing, reverting back to the GCW0 Menu, I'm talking about the Oswan that you previously published) because we've got to hard reset it, forcing us to reboot the system when it's happening (Suddenly I sound like Smeagol... dang the wordings!).

Still not fixed:
- Check if X and Y are working as rapid fire buttons.
- Power Slider support. (I need to check the doc)
- Multiple Save Slots (shouldn't be to complicated...)
- Warning Prompt for L & R
*Evil big grin* ...and the incorrectly mapped Dpad Down (snap it to B, currently on A) & Dpad Right (snap it to A, currently on B) on ABXY is DPAD (I believe if the horizontal mappings is correct, so does the vertical mappings).
Note:
Please fixed this in the horizontal mode (I'm afraid you'll get confused by the horizontal/vertical Dpad inputs).

...and its "lost sibling", the ABXY is JOYSTICK or even better Swap ABXY & JOYSTICK (redundants you think? I'm aware it's affecting the ABXY is DPAD). I've got another crazy idea for this, it might cleared the key inputs problems too. Let's just pretend for a second:
1 = ABXY
2 = DPAD
3 = JOYSTICK

Obviously, each one has 4 key inputs and compatible to be mapped on each other. Meaning that we can perform a full swapping:
Conditional: [?] = No changes, (?,?) = Swap Inputs.
[1](2,3) or [1](3,2)
[2](1,3) or [2](3,1)
[3](1,2) or [3](2,1)
Example: [2](1,3) = No changes to DPAD but swap inputs between ABXY and JOYSTICK. Well, this will rendered the ABXY is DPAD as useless unless you're willing to make a choice selection by alternating it to contrast with the new Swap Mode control scheme?

And by alternating it, I mean [1](2=3), [1](3=2), [2](1=3), [2](3=1), [3](1=2) and [3](2=1) and its example, [2](1=3) = No changes to DPAD but treat ABXY as JOYSTICK. So what do you think?

...and the rest (depends on the emulator progression and your decision).

About accessing the Menu with the Power Slider, if implemented, can you please disabled it by default because it interferes the volume controls (Power + Up/Down).

Much thanks to CopyKitten for his feedback and suggestions !
And no CopyKitten, i don't own a GCW0, it's effectively pretty much trial and error...

No, thanks to you for making it this far. We don't have a proper Wonderswan emulator since the Dingoo days and that's a long time ago.

Just in case if you haven't check it out yet: GCW Zero Quick Start Guide, no more buttons confusion eh?

Are you up to another emulation challenge? Mostly about the menu customizations? But expanding more functions would be a bonus too! And that's it, after you've done with this emulator.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:41:54 pm by CopyKitten »

care16la20

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2015, 02:08:24 pm »
Hi, very nice release !!!

If it's not asking too much, I miss a little bit the enlarge in-game with keep aspect ratio option...

Also maybe rom selection with Gmenu

Best regards

CopyKitten

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 02:35:39 pm »
If it's not asking too much, I miss a little bit the enlarge in-game with keep aspect ratio option...
Worry not... I'm the one who is asking too much, more-r and the most-est!

I think the other developers may not want to encounter me in the future... you know... just like a random wild pokemon that keeps coming back from a tall grassy area haha!

Spaceman

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 06:29:29 pm »
Can you do us a favour and update first page post. I'm hoping I'm grabbing the latest version.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 08:25:59 pm »
Yo guys, i have released another update.
I was working on improving Oswan's sound output (via SDL).
It sounds very clear now, a nice improvement over my previous versions. (and alekmaul's)

Sadly, it does not play at the good speed... Trying to fix this results in worse sound output.
Alekmaul's version also suffer from this, compare it to Mednafen which has smooth and clean sound output.
If there's a dev around here who would like to fix this, please take a look at emu/WSApu.c.
(Github repo: https://github.com/gameblabla/oswan)

List of changes
  • Improved sound output
  • Oswan uses Gmenu on startup, let me know if you don't like this
  • Fixed the wrongly mapped DPAD (thanks CoppyKitten)
  • Introduced "ABXY is Stick", let me know if there are any issues

But if a game is crashing, is it possible for you to make it to do a Force Exit condition? (similar case to Kinnikuman, after the crashing, reverting back to the GCW0 Menu, I'm talking about the Oswan that you previously published) because we've got to hard reset it, forcing us to reboot the system when it's happening (Suddenly I sound like Smeagol... dang the wordings!).
You don't have to worry about this for any GCW0 software, really.
The GCW0 runs on the Linux kernel, not on bare metal like the DS.
If a program crashes, it always goes back to the menu.

Obviously, each one has 4 key inputs and compatible to be mapped on each other. Meaning that we can perform a full swapping:
Conditional: [?] = No changes, (?,?) = Swap Inputs.
[1](2,3) or [1](3,2)
[2](1,3) or [2](3,1)
[3](1,2) or [3](2,1)
Example: [2](1,3) = No changes to DPAD but swap inputs between ABXY and JOYSTICK. Well, this will rendered the ABXY is DPAD as useless unless you're willing to make a choice selection by alternating it to contrast with the new Swap Mode control scheme?
And by alternating it, I mean [1](2=3), [1](3=2), [2](1=3), [2](3=1), [3](1=2) and [3](2=1) and its example, [2](1=3) = No changes to DPAD but treat ABXY as JOYSTICK. So what do you think?
I think it's confusing, lol !
I think it's better to do it step by step, but maybe i did it right this time.

I did introduced it at one time but it was crashing the GCW0,
I will have a look at this later.

Can you do us a favour and update first page post. I'm hoping I'm grabbing the latest version.
Well, i have updated my first post after the update and i ALWAYS link to the latest version.
If you really want to make sure you're downloading the latest version, take a look at the github repo.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 02:55:36 am by gameblabla »

CopyKitten

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2015, 11:41:32 am »
Bear with me, okay? ;)

Yo guys, i have released another update.
I was working on improving Oswan's sound output (via SDL).
It sounds very clear now, a nice improvement over my previous versions. (and alekmaul's)
In all previous builts, if I access the in-game option for Dicing Knight, the sound will crash and then mute on its own. As for Ultraman, the sound is also broken and screeched at some SFXs.

But now, both games are working fine, I even finished the Ultraman game just by this morning. SPOILER! The ending of Ultraman is similar to the final episode of Ultraman Powered... Lame!

List of changes
  • Improved sound output
  • Oswan uses Gmenu on startup, let me know if you don't like this
  • Fixed the wrongly mapped DPAD (thanks CoppyKitten)
  • Introduced "ABXY is Stick", let me know if there are any issues
The ABXY is Stick is not working at all. What happen is... Joystick Down and Joystick Right is inverted when I activated it and the input at ABXY isn't responsive. Moreover, if I enable the Swap X1, Y2 at the same time, only the DPad portion is modified (and leaving the Joystick with the inversion problem). So I would like you to consider the solution down below.

While browsing with the Gmenu, every files are visible. Can you set the Gmenu's SELECTOR FILTER to just WS and WSC?

Also, all the games that utilized the battery saving will not generates the saved game files.

Obviously, each one has 4 key inputs and blablabla...
I think it's confusing, lol !
I think it's better to do it step by step, but maybe i did it right this time.

Hah! So let me start with...

GCW Zero button layout:

L Shoulder                 R Shoulder

U                             Y
L     R                       X     A
   D                             B

1                           Select
4  J  2
   3                            Start

My previous post is all about swapping the controls in 3 kinds of ways between the DPad, the Joystick and the ABXY buttons. Please eliminate the ABXY is DPAD/Stick because it isn't compatible with the Swap X1, Y1 after all.

So the full selection would be like these:
0. Normal.
1. Keep ABXY as is but Swap DPad, Stick (Imitates the WonderSwan button control).
2. Keep Stick as is but Swap DPad, ABXY (Good on vertical games such as Gunpey Ex and Judgement Silversword).
3. Keep DPad as is but Swap ABXY, Stick (For lefthanded gamers?).

As you can see, it is an improvement over the Swap X1, Y1. You may ditch the ABXY is DPAD/Stick and... sorry for the trouble though :P

Oswan button layout:

Quick Save                 Quick Load

1                             Y
4  X  2                       X     A
   3                             B

1                             Menu
4  Y  2
   3                            Start

By default, we're getting used to the Dpad as in-game navigation. But since I want to have a way to play it just like the original while keeping the new style... hence the request of Swap X1, Y1 in the first place.

Personally, it is a little bit hard for me to play this on non-swapped control while playing Super Robot Taisen Compact 3 because of the analog stick's sensitivity.

WonderSwan original button layout:

4  Y  2

4  X  2                             A
   3      Sound Start Power      B

Well, this is it. As references and comparison to the other 2 above.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:31:39 pm by CopyKitten »

gameblabla (OP)

Re: Gameblabla's Oswan
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2015, 11:57:32 pm »
Yo, another update.
I'm happy to announce that Dragon Ball is now playable !

The problem was that it expected the RAM to be initialised and Oswan sets it to 0 if not initialised,
causing the game to crash.
Funny enough, the latest version of OswanJ actually suffered from this bug too so
this emulator and Mednafen are your only alternatives to play this game.

I have replaced all the layouts with 4 new presets as suggested by CopyKitten :
Normal, Wonderswan-like, "Swap DPad, ABXY" and "Swap ABXY, Stick".

Other changes:
- Fixed Rapid Fire buttons. (they now work as intended)
- Fixed Gmenu. (Mostly)
- Power Slider support. (Not tested)

Also, this release seems to run faster on QEMU.
The only thing i did was to solve a problem with endianess issues.
Was it trying to convert from little endian to big endian itself on-the-fly ?
Or maybe it's just my computer.
I always wondered why i never had to deal with endianess bugs...

Needs some investigations:
- "Also, all the games that utilized the battery saving will not generates the saved game files. FIXED

Still not fixed:
- Multiple save slots FIXED
- Warning prompt for L & R
- Sound output is pretty bad and does not play at the good speed.

EDIT: If you downloaded it before this edit then please do it again.
This new update introduces multiple save slots support, some well needed fixes and proper battery saving support.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 02:30:00 am by gameblabla »

CopyKitten

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2015, 05:28:56 am »
The problem was that it expected the RAM to be initialised and Oswan sets it to 0 if not initialised,
causing the game to crash.
Funny enough, the latest version of OswanJ actually suffered from this bug too so
this emulator and Mednafen are your only alternative to play this game.
Then, can you please port this version to windows using the settings and GUI of Oswan 1.73 for PC? Because other games that are working in OswanJ rev99 (but somehow lags and too slow on my computer) aren't working in the Oswan 1.73.

I have replaced all the layouts with 4 new presets as suggested by CopyKitten :
Normal, Wonderswan-like, "Swap DPad, ABXY" and "Swap ABXY, Stick".
I'm using the vertical game Sorobang and Dicing Knight as an input test because they used up all of the buttons. But I'm addressing all the problems in horizontal perspective.

Normal:
- DPad and Stick are working well.
- The Rapid Fires X/Y need to be swapped again to match the A/B buttons.

WonderSwan-like:
- DPad and Stick are working well.
- Same issue with the Rapid Fires as above.

Swap DPAD, ABXY:
- Stick is working well.
- Similar issue to the Rapid Fires X/Y buttons, the Dpad Up and Dpad Left need to be swapped.
- Currently the Rapid Fires (presumably as toggled on) that were assigned to the Dpad Up/Left were just the normal A/B buttons.
- Dpad Down and Dpad Right are inverted, so they need to be swapped too.
- ABXY still carry the old input values (ABXY = ABXY, nothing changed).

Swap ABXY, Stick:
- DPad is working well.
- X/Y buttons are correct.
- A/B buttons are inverted.
- Stick Up and Stick Left are inverted.
- Stick Down and Stick Right are inverted.

Notes:
- I think it would be easier if you let us to configure the ABXY buttons manually so then we can mix and match it (for example, Rapid Fires for A/B, normal buttons for X/Y but inverted).
- That's mean the On/Off Rapid Fires are not needed anymore.
- The only thing that needs to be taken care of is when doing the button swapping operation that involves the ABXY. So, what do you say?

Other changes:
- Fixed Rapid Fire buttons. (they now work as intended)
- Fixed Gmenu. (Mostly)
- Power Slider support. (Not tested)
- Rapid Fire buttons are working but inverted... X -> Y and Y -> X.
- Gmenu? No changes at all about the filtering (an OPK packaging problem?).
- Power Slider is not working.

Needs some investigations:
- "Also, all the games that utilized the battery saving will not generates the saved game files."
- Sound output is pretty bad and does not play at the good speed.
If I'm not mistaken, the Oswan for windows is not able to generate the saved game too. Going to check it later.

...and:
- Toggle On/Off support for Rapid Fires (to Normal buttons). Forget it.
- 180 degrees rotation for vertical mode games, in other words, tilt the GCW0 90 degrees to the right side (clockwise). But you'll have to map more keys right?  ;D

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2015, 08:08:58 am »
I quickly updated oswan and I fixed all the controls maybe except this :
I'm not sure to understand... Do you mean that ABXY doesn't work like the DPAD in normal mode ?
It should...

Then, can you please port this version to windows using the settings and GUI of Oswan 1.73 for PC? Because other games that are working in OswanJ rev99 (but somehow lags and too slow on my computer) aren't working in the Oswan 1.73.
I'm in fact doing all the testing on my linux PC but using the same GUI as the GCW0 version.
I would have liked to do a proper port for PCs but there's one big problem :
32bpp does not work properly. (see my github repo and TODO.txt)
Of course, you mentioned you have a very slower computer so i may give you a 16bpp version instead...
I have never done GUI for PC and every library i know slow down things a low.
I'll compile a straight port for Windows and i'll post it here when i'm done.

- I think it would be easier if you let us to configure the ABXY buttons manually so then we can mix and match it (for example, Rapid Fires for A/B, normal buttons for X/Y but inverted).
Yeah, it surely will be available in the future but in the short them, i think it was a better idea to fix this.
Another problem with your suggestion :
you would have to reconfigure the controls for each game, not sure anyone would want that.

- 180 degrees rotation for vertical mode games, in other words, tilt the GCW0 90 degrees to the right side (clockwise). But you'll have to map more keys right?  ;D
This one is going to be tricky.. And not only for the controls LOL
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:24:38 pm by gameblabla »

yoshi41

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2015, 04:29:07 pm »
First of all, thanks a lot for your work. Much appreciated.

Maybe it's me, but with the latest build (2015-08-22) I just get a black screen. Build 2015-08-21 works fine on my GCW.

Regarding file handling. EPM, STA and other files are stored in the ROM directory. Might be better to store them in a place like "/media/data/local/home/.oswan". The ROM selector file list is a bit messed up with those files.

Keep up your good work and hopefully the sound can be improved in future versions.

PS: A decent PCE emulator on the GCW is still missing.  ;)
Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2015, 06:05:11 pm »
Updated Oswan, it now works.
As reported by yoshi41, Oswan was crashing.
The problem was not me or the code but GCC, which produced bad code for the executable.
I switched back and manually applied all of my new changes and it now works properly.

Regarding file handling. EPM, STA and other files are stored in the ROM directory. Might be better to store them in a place like "/media/data/local/home/.oswan". The ROM selector file list is a bit messed up with those files.
Yeah, i don't know how to tell Gmenu to only list files with a certain extension,
there's no doc about :/ (or i can't find it)
About the roms, epm and sta... I wasn't sure to put them in the $HOME directory but now that you requested it,
i will do it in my next update.

sound can be improved in future versions.
I hope i can improve (or at least someone else) that...
It's the only thing that prevents it from being the best Wonderswan emulator :/

PS: A decent PCE emulator on the GCW is still missing.
Definitively.
After i'm done withg Oswan (proper sound support, pc port),
i'll try to work on a NEC PC-Engine emulator.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 06:20:37 pm by gameblabla »

yoshi41

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2015, 06:53:34 pm »
This build works, thanks.

Btw, saving the settings like screen size would be nice too.

I like your enthusiasm.  8)

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2015, 07:25:01 am »
Yo, i released an update to Oswan.
This update is a major one so you should all upgrade.

Changelog:
  • Improved Audio quality and synchronisation.
  • Changed graphical appareance of the menu. (non-free assets removed)
  • Fixed $HOME and saving. (it used to work but got broken between releases)
  • Removed Skin. (it was making the executable bigger)
  • Some minor fixes here and there

See my first post for new screenshots.
Enjoy this release !

CopyKitten

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2015, 10:50:04 am »
Changelog:
  • Improved Audio quality and synchronisation.
  • Changed graphical appareance of the menu. (non-free assets removed)
  • Fixed $HOME and saving. (it used to work but got broken between releases)
  • Removed Skin. (it was making the executable bigger)
  • Some minor fixes here and there
- Quick savestates are not working.
- The Load/Save State in the Menu is not synchronized by numbering (when changing the slots) or is it supposed to be like that?
- Flickers in 1x size mode. And sometimes, showing the Menu as a border in gameplay.
- Also, If I press or hold the Dpads Left/Right in Menu after running a game, the gameplay screen will be visible in the background flickerings or stay visible.
- The problematic Menu's blue highlight selector (flickering and sometimes spawns two, three and up to six selectors at the same time... If I pressing the Up/Down rapidly).
- Everything from the audio to the gameplay is lagging.

I'm not sure to understand... Do you mean that ABXY don't work like the DPAD in normal mode ?
It should...
You already did some changes and fixed most of the buttons issue (and save me some blablabla too :-X), so what's left is...

The Normal mode: No problem.

U            Y
L     R      X     A
   D            B

4  J  2

The WonderSwan-like mode (Swap DPAD, Stick): No problem too.

1            Y
4  J  2      X     A
   3            B

U
L     R
   D

The Swap DPAD, ABXY mode ...as intended:

Y            U
X     A      L     R
   B            D

4  J  2

...but with the current build:

Y            U
X     A      L     D
   B            R

4  J  2

The Swap ABXY, Stick mode: You'd fixed it, ouuu... yeah!

U            1
L     R      4  J  2
   D            3

Y
X     A
   B

I should have thought of the above formatting at some earlier points to spare you the headaches lol!

Yeah, it surely will be available in the future but in the short them, i think it was a better idea to fix this.
Another problem with your suggestion :
you would have to reconfigure the controls for each game, not sure anyone would want that.
I'll address this in the future.

Yeah, i don't know how to tell Gmenu to only list files with a certain extension,
there's no doc about :/ (or i can't find it)
I extract the previous working build of Oswan opk before the crash build, put it in the sdcard, renamed it to oswan.bin and then filtered the files to just includes ws & wsc manually and it works.

PS: A decent PCE emulator on the GCW is still missing.
Definitively.
After i'm done withg Oswan (proper sound support, pc port),
i'll try to work on a NEC PC-Engine emulator.
Ooooooh... I'll haunt you like one of the "ghosts" in the Thir13en Ghosts film for sure... I promise  ;D :P

Latest build: 09/23/2015
Are you...... a time traveller? :o
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:54:36 am by CopyKitten »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2015, 06:07:45 pm »
I knew i should have never re-enable TRIPLE BUFFERING but i did anyways
and it's reponsible for most of the cited issues here.
I have pushed another quick updates that is :
- More stable and flickerless
- Fixed the controls
- Fixed the quick Load/save states

Thanks CopyKitten, as usual.

I extract the previous working build of Oswan opk before the crash build, put it in the sdcard, renamed it to oswan.bin and then filtered the files to just includes ws & wsc manually and it works.
Then you could please give me that desktop file please ?
Because i don't know how to tell Gmenu to filter every files other than ws & ws files.

yoshi41

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2015, 06:25:33 pm »
Don't know if was too early with downloading. Build r2 seems to be the same as the previous build, pretty laggy.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2015, 07:12:47 pm »
Don't know if was too early with downloading. Build r2 seems to be the same as the previous build, pretty laggy.
If you don't have any flicker then you did'nt downloaded it too early.

Anyways, the new sync code seems to cause lots of issues on GCW0 so
i switched back to the old one.
Oswan got updated to 08/24/15 (r3), first post as usual.
Tell me if this version works better.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:16:01 pm by gameblabla »

yoshi41

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2015, 07:32:54 pm »
Build r3 works better. Thanks.

The new sync code is the audio part, right?

I did a binary compare between 2015-08-24 and 2015-08-24 r2. They are identical.

So, I think I never tested the new sync code without triple buffering.

Sound improvement would be definitively a big plus. I plan to play the translated Final Fantasy versions on the GCW and  proper sound is crucial for those games.