Author Topic: Mednafen for GCW0  (Read 67262 times)

qbertaddict

• The Doctor
    • about.me
Re: Mednafen for GCW0
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2015, 11:44:36 pm »
Turbo cd works great but i put my bios files in /.mednafen/firmware putting them in /.mednafen didn't work for me. There seems to be sound problems in turbo cd and supergrafx games but it runs and scrolls great. Are you using the pce_fast core?

Famicom Disk System works. Bios image needs to be disksys.rom. Suffers from sound issues that all cores seem to have but the framerate is fine

Lynx works nice but is there a way to make it run fullscreen?

GBA and PSX too slow but look nice!

« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:25:10 am by qbertaddict »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2015, 11:13:48 pm »
Yo all, just a news update !
Don't worry, i'll release a new version soon that is faster and should fix some of your issues.
Props to yoshi, who gave me a GCW0.

Anyways, IPU scaling was not working properly before.
It now does and the speed benefits are pretty significant.
The NES core was lagging with SMW, it now runs fullspeed thanks to it.
NEC PC-FX just got faster too, it's around 15FPS now. (18FPS for my PCFX homebrew game)
GBA is now a little faster too, it's still pretty slow. (but somewhat playable, believe or not)
Lynx is fullscreen now, enough said.
PSX should be faster too but i have yet to test it and benchmark it.

I finally found what the hell was going on with PC-Engine CD Games :
CDDA tracks's volume was simply too loud.
Lowering it solve the sound glitches.

Turbo cd works great but i put my bios files in /.mednafen/firmware putting them in /.mednafen didn't work for me. There seems to be sound problems in turbo cd and supergrafx games but it runs and scrolls great. Are you using the pce_fast core?
That's strange, it works for me in ./mednafen.
Maybe you are using the Arcade card ?

Famicom Disk System works. Bios image needs to be disksys.rom. Suffers from sound issues that all cores seem to have but the framerate is fine
Next release should fix that, thanks for testing.
Didn't know Mednafen emulated it too.

EDIT: Sorry Vetran for killing your hopes for better PSX emulation but it's even slower than PCFX...
It runs at about 5FPS for the boot screen. (and 15FPS for the homebrew game)

EDIT2 I can confirm that running PCFX isos from internal memory does not work...
Will look into it. (probably not next release though...)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:23:57 pm by gameblabla »
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2015, 11:34:02 am »
Double post for the win.
I have finally released my latest update to Mednafen.
It does not fix everything but it already is better than my previous better.

Changelog:
- Sound is fixed. (Fix PC Engine CD games, NES games...)
- IPU scaling now working
- Lynx Fullscreen
- Compiled with O3, somewhat faster.

As usual, update all the OPKs along the configuration file as well !
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2015, 12:05:21 pm »
You know, you can make one OPK that creates 4 menu entries. You just need 4 different *.gcw0.desktop files inside.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2015, 12:06:58 pm »
You know, you can make one OPK that creates 4 menu entries. You just need 4 different *.gcw0.desktop files inside.
Ah, interesting didn't know that, thanks.
Will do that for next release.
⚠ WARNING ⚠

Ziz

• http://ziz.gp2x.de
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2015, 12:12:41 pm »
Ah, interesting didn't know that, thanks.
Will do that for next release.
Please send me a pm if you do so, so that I remove some of the opks from the OPKManager ;)
I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar. Wash

bL4sT

« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2015, 08:06:38 am »
The PCE Core still isn't working for me. I tried reinstalling everything and most of the games just give me a black screen. The only thing that I think may be causing the issue is that my /home directory, for some reason, isn't on /media/home but rather on /media/data/local/home. The /media/home directory is just a shortcut that takes me to media/data/local/home.

If someone knows how to fix this without messing up with every other app I have installed, it would be great. :)

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2015, 11:17:28 am »
The PCE Core still isn't working for me. I tried reinstalling everything and most of the games just give me a black screen. The only thing that I think may be causing the issue is that my /home directory, for some reason, isn't on /media/home but rather on /media/data/local/home. The /media/home directory is just a shortcut that takes me to media/data/local/home.

If someone knows how to fix this without messing up with every other app I have installed, it would be great. :)
Unfortunely, Mednafen-GCW0 currently has one huge issue : it can only play roms from a microsd card.
It can't play roms/isos on the internal memory.
Try with a micro sdcard instead.
⚠ WARNING ⚠

bL4sT

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2015, 06:19:24 pm »

Unfortunely, Mednafen-GCW0 currently has one huge issue : it can only play roms from a microsd card.
It can't play roms/isos on the internal memory.
Try with a micro sdcard instead.

In fact, all my ROMs are already on the external memory.

Every other emulator that I've tried works like a charm (including your Wonderswan emulator). That's why I'm really confused that Mednafen isn't working for me.

care16la20

« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2015, 06:26:25 pm »

Hi, big thanks for the update

On Pc engine CD, still see some framerate hickups (on cosmic fantasy 2 is easy to see this)

Also, would be possible to separate the engines on next releases ? for now, only see a reason to keep the pcengine/CD installed because the others are too slow

Regards

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2015, 06:37:27 pm »
In fact, all my ROMs are already on the external memory.
Every other emulator that I've tried works like a charm (including your Wonderswan emulator). That's why I'm really confused that Mednafen isn't working for me.

Make sure first that you put mednafen-09x.cfg (found in the zip) in /media/home/.mednafen,
if you don't then it will not work.

If it comes bundled with a config file, it's for a reason.
(unless you installed from the OPK Manager... I need to find a proper solution to this)

Also, would be possible to separate the engines on next releases ? for now, only see a reason to keep the pcengine/CD installed because the others are too slow
No, it used to come into 4 different opks but then people complained it was too difficult to install them.
Sorry but i can't please everyone.
⚠ WARNING ⚠

care16la20

« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2015, 07:27:17 pm »

No, it used to come into 4 different opks but then people complained it was too difficult to install them.
Sorry but i can't please everyone.
[/quote]

Its the same difficult as installing just one lol........

bL4sT

« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2015, 06:26:23 am »
Make sure first that you put mednafen-09x.cfg (found in the zip) in /media/home/.mednafen,
if you don't then it will not work.

If it comes bundled with a config file, it's for a reason.
(unless you installed from the OPK Manager... I need to find a proper solution to this)

Like I said on a previous post, I installed everything correctly. The only thing that I think may be causing the issue is that my home folder isn't on /media/home but rather on media/local/data/home. The one on the media folder is just a shortcut that takes me to media/local/data/home (and I am installing everything using Filezilla).

Any idea on how can I fix this? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:28:05 am by bL4sT »

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2015, 08:14:03 am »
That's the same on every console. So it's not something you have to fix.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2015, 10:18:57 am »
Like I said on a previous post, I installed everything correctly. The only thing that I think may be causing the issue is that my home folder isn't on /media/home but rather on media/local/data/home. The one on the media folder is just a shortcut that takes me to media/local/data/home (and I am installing everything using Filezilla).
Any idea on how can I fix this? Thanks in advance.
Maybe you forgot to upgrade your firmware ?
Go to Settings -> System Info.
Then you should have a screen with : "Compiled on "...
⚠ WARNING ⚠

bL4sT

« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2015, 06:45:36 pm »
Maybe you forgot to upgrade your firmware ?
Go to Settings -> System Info.
Then you should have a screen with : "Compiled on "...

I'm on the latest version (August 20).

The weird thing is that some games work, while most of them don't. All of them used to work on Temper, but maybe this ROM Set (GoodPCE v1.09a) isn't compatible with the emulator? I don't know.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2015, 09:51:34 pm »
I'm on the latest version (August 20).
The weird thing is that some games work, while most of them don't. All of them used to work on Temper, but maybe this ROM Set (GoodPCE v1.09a) isn't compatible with the emulator? I don't know.
Well, i don't know.
Maybe you tell what games are you trying to run on your device ?
And yeah, a new romset might help.

Also, did a bunch of Mednafen videos running on my GCW0,
just to prove you that i'm not crazy.

Lords of Thunder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asy5fITXfeU

Bonk's Revenge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPEDOUpBaKI
⚠ WARNING ⚠

qbertaddict

• The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2015, 10:19:15 pm »
Every thing is running great here except for some sound issues on the cd game but they do work. As for your rom issue try using a no-intro set of roms instead of the goodset. Also user the tool to rip cds that exophase created

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:21:13 pm by qbertaddict »

ruffnutts

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2015, 06:04:07 pm »
psx roms not showing up?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2015, 09:51:09 pm »
psx roms not showing up?
They should definitively show up but mednafen only accepts bin/cue files.
In what format your isos are ? Bin only ?
⚠ WARNING ⚠