Author Topic: Help me Development!! For DBZ fans :)  (Read 9819 times)

raulosofo (OP)

Help me Development!! For DBZ fans :)
« on: March 06, 2015, 03:59:19 pm »
Hello people!
 I am new to the forum and do not speak / I write very good English so sorry first.

I decided to jump as active user and write this post for a simple reason. I am a follower like many of DBZ why this project I wanted to see you, developers, make a port of this fantastic game that created other followers like me or you DBZ.

I leave a video on Youtube to see their potential also recommend that in the video description passed to the web creator and review everything they have done. It is the ultimate game of DB !! Sure!

If you want to enjoy more, watch the other videos of combos that can make the characters.

I'm not a programmer and do not know if it is possible to make a version of the same game that runs on GCW0. Therefore I ask for help in this great forum for fans of retro.

The video:
<a href="https://web.archive.org/web/20200815194705/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzQkB1gVtXA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzQkB1gVtXA</a>
(You can download the game from the link in the description "EVO pack")

Thanks and regards.

Aeter

Re: Help me Development!! For DBZ fans :)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:51:30 pm »
This game is created with mugen engine.
I believe there is a thread about the mugen engine here somewhere.
~cucullus non facit monachum~

David Knight

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 08:15:19 pm »
This game is created with mugen engine.
I believe there is a thread about the mugen engine here somewhere.

See here. There is a linux version of the mugen engine called PainTown.

I've taken a quick glance at the sourcecode and it looks like it can work with both Allegro and SDL so there's a good chance it can be ported to the gcw0 as it supports both languages. Only issue is that it will support up to 320x240* native resolution which I suspect will be a problem for most games.

*640x480 is possible with the IPU downscaler.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 08:16:58 pm by David Knight »

raulosofo (OP)

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 08:28:16 pm »

Hello again !
@David Knight you give me a surprise! Really having no idea of this thought could not , had little hope but according to what you say and what I see light at the end of the tunnel .

Thank. I will be careful information.I say, it is my hope and i need your help (Development)

I have contacted the developer of the game to value help programmers and enjoy in GCW0

Thank You!

Aeter

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 11:03:56 pm »
Shin-Nil has already made a dingoo port perhaps that'll help port it easier.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-emulation/mugen-dingoo-!!/

David Knight

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 12:08:31 am »
Shin-Nil has already made a dingoo port perhaps that'll help port it easier.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-emulation/mugen-dingoo-!!/

Then most of the work is already done. Unfortunately looking at the video it isn't playable on dingoo as fps is single digits. It may be due to limited memory however which the gcw0 has plenty of so it should run quite a bit faster.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:18:05 am by David Knight »

raulosofo (OP)

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 08:13:39 pm »
Thx Guys for help me!!
the creator has not yet answered me  :(

David Knight

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 01:59:09 pm »
 ;D

I'm My son is just testing the first vanilla build of paintown, it's working very nicely. I'll package and release an initial build later today.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:06:31 pm by David Knight »

hi-ban

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 03:11:09 pm »
;D

I'm My son is just testing the first vanilla build of paintown, it's working very nicely. I'll package and release an initial build later today.

Cool! which version of paintown is it based on?

Aeter

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 03:47:12 pm »
David I don't know where you find the time to do all this stuff. I mean you're working on so many things simultaneously and pushing out releases like it's nothing, I'm starting to wonder if you actually ever sleep.

You're one awesome developer.

David Knight

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 03:48:36 pm »
;D

Cool! which version of paintown is it based on?

The latest.

David Knight

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 03:50:35 pm »
David I don't know where you find the time to do all this stuff. I mean you're working on so many things simultaneously and pushing out releases like it's nothing, I'm starting to wonder if you actually ever sleep.

It doesn't take much time to type:
Code: [Select]
cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/opt/gcw0-toolchain/usr/share/buildroot/toolchainfile.cmake .

Aeter

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 07:23:31 pm »

It doesn't take much time to type:
Code: [Select]
cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/opt/gcw0-toolchain/usr/share/buildroot/toolchainfile.cmake .
Okay, didn't know this one was that easy, but still that's only this project, you are also working on so many others that I still think it's pretty amazing.

David Knight

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 08:39:08 pm »
Here's a development release of Paintown.

NB: This has not been extensively tested yet, it may break, menu's need some adjustment, mods may not work, etc. Please let me know if you need further improvements made.

I've made a few changes, altered keymapping and fixed a double buffer flickering bug in the loading screens.

Put your unzipped mod folders in the $HOME/.paintown/ folder. I've tested this with wolfburg.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYi4RGX-HSaTUNyWm9SeFNYTFU/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:05:13 pm by David Knight »

hi-ban

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 12:08:04 am »
i'm trying to put mugen chars into it, but they don't get detected. What is the proper folder to put mugen chars/levels/etc...?

by the way, mugen seems to run at a great performance, but the streets-of-rage-like part of paintown seems to perform poorly, maybe because of the rain effects?.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:05:48 am by hi-ban »

David Knight

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 07:58:52 am »
You probably will have to unpack the opk to add characters right now, check the data folder. Only (paintown?) Mods are detected in $HOME/ .paintown right now.

Re the speed I recall seeing in the code that paintown renders in 640x480 then scales, so it may be using software scaling right now. If you change res to 640x480 it may render a little faster as it would then be using the IPU. I can also reduce the rain effect if necessary by altering the code.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:06:31 am by David Knight »

raulosofo (OP)

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 10:59:57 am »
Mr David Knight: I agree with Aeter, it's awesome to have so many projects working together and have some time and help us to realize this wish.

Thank you so much !!  :)

David Knight

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 10:50:16 pm »
I figured out how to add characters to Mugen.

Put your unzipped character files in $HOME/.paintown/mugen/yourcharactername/

You will need to restart PainTown. Mugen characters are only visible in Mugen.

There are plenty of mugen character download websites, here is an example. Not all character files appear to be compatible with the gcw0 version.

And this just leaves one question. Can Steven Seagal beat himself?

It would be great if anyone feels like putting together a compatible set of themed characters eg DBZ, Marvel, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:14:21 pm by David Knight »

hi-ban

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 11:20:57 pm »
Yeah, that worked. But i still can't make mugen look for chars/stages using a select.def

As an example, when adding separate characters from Hyper DBZ, they are detected (although i get an error when trying to play with them)
But if i try to add the entire HyperDBZ mod (which has a select.def file) paintown does not detect anything.

David Knight

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 11:44:25 pm »
Yeah, that worked. But i still can't make mugen look for chars/stages using a select.def

As an example, when adding separate characters from Hyper DBZ, they are detected (although i get an error when trying to play with them)
But if i try to add the entire HyperDBZ mod (which has a select.def file) paintown does not detect anything.

Are you using a repacked opk or the above method? From checking the sourcecode it seems mugen only checks the home directory for characters, all other changes would need to be made to the opk assuming the mod is compatible.

Post a new topic