• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Genesis Plus GX - Experimental Build (12-mar-2015)  (Read 89617 times)

Radioboy86

Re: Genesis Plus GX - Experimental Build (12-mar-2015)
« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2015, 03:59:48 am »
ok built the exe and files but the folder that was created has a bunch of .o files? object files? i dont need those right?

Radioboy86

« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2015, 04:04:26 am »
hmm seems like i built it. I had done this before but the GCW0 sdk was not installed, but it still built it? i must have installed some libraries or something that worked with the source. I made the software mode adjustments in the config.c and changed the gcwzero cpucycles from 3420 to 1710 in the main.c file. I hope im on the right track. thanks please continue to help me. i am sure other a320 owners would love this gens emu vs picodrive

Radioboy86

« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2015, 06:26:40 am »
Well I installed both Opendingux and GCW Zero SDKs to the OPT folder and have set the folder paths correctly in the terminal too. i can get the source to build with MAKE command, i also edited the makefile to point to my Opendingux SDK in the OPT folder. I have some issues however, the OD SDK does not work. It seems that the source for the gens plus gcw0 port is not compatible with the (2012 June 6 build) "that is my preferred rootfs.bin version"toolkit for that version opendingux release. The GCW0 SDK is the only one that works, its folder paths in the makefile match perfect the default sdk for the gcw0 SDK. I get the files built and the MAKE command works & I see the new files being created in the new folder dir BUT the exe program I get and after the DGE renaming to a proper a320 OD compatible DGE causes a crash to a black screen on my dingoo. I have renamed the main program to a .DGE file and everything, I think ill try to compile another EMU source available for the gcw0 and use ONLY it's SDK to make sure i am using the "MAKE" command and have the environment setup properly.  I also noticed that the DGE file I rename is larger than the same DGE type of file bunched inside the OPK archive. The .gcw0 executable file is smaller on the one already compiled and made for the released OPK. Maybe i need to convert this version I built into an OPK first then open it like I did with the first OPK that works. the compiled executable that is made for the gcw0 works but the speed is slow and the cpu is not properly coded for 433mhz dingoo a320 hardware. need proper values edited and for cpu and ingenic soc optimizations for a320s. im lost lol any help? :D

Radioboy86

« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2015, 07:06:15 am »
so even in Qemu GCW Zero emulation my compiled version crashes to Gmenu2, great. I am an idiot... :(

I installed so much sudo repo linux stuff today my head is gonna explode. Why on earth is the source code repo being built correctly but not working on any dingux or OD device?

David Knight

« Reply #244 on: December 07, 2015, 01:58:54 pm »
If your makefile isn't correctly pointing to the compiler and libraries then it won't work on your device but may still compile. The .o files are object files that you don't need once you have compiled the executable.

If your interested in learning to port to your device then I'd suggest googling for makefile tutorials.

The dingoo processor is slower than the gcw0 so it is not going to work at full speed without frame skip or other substantial optimisations. Picodrive is more optimised so is likely to be a better choice for your device.

I can compile you a version for the dingoo but given I have zero free time the earliest I will be able to do this is on Thursday.

Radioboy86

« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2015, 06:31:43 pm »
Dude that would be awesome. I would love to talk more too. you seem to know a lot and I am really interested in helping out the community. I really appreciate that. take your time. I mean i couldn't ask for more.

when you do compile it can you make a short tut on what you have installed and links in the proper order? i want to follow what you did and learn so I can quit bugging people and just be a part of the community. I installed cygwin x86 and x64 versions i have a vitualbox machine running Ubuntu x86. I know I am close in figuring out this mess.

How can i make sure I have the libraries installed? I always update with the SUDO apt get etc... command and updates for my libraries. I also install all check boxes when I installed Cygwin it took 4 hours to get all the libraries installed. I have opened up the makefile with WORDPAD and found the early lines that point to the gcw0-toolchain folder in thr OPT folder. I have adjusted those to point into my SDK of choice and to the custom directories I made in the OPT folder.

I am not lazy and really tried hard on this but man, I will say i respect you guys that CAN compile and do this properly. I WILL LEARN THIS, I have to now that I have started this mess haha :D

I really appreciate the help and the fact that you offered to make me a build for my a320. please if you can take as much time as you can to do so and explain the steps on here for other amateurs that may want to do so too? :D

Radioboy86

« Reply #246 on: December 07, 2015, 07:46:00 pm »
Actually my friend when you build it just link me to the urls where i can download all the main tools and sdk compilers you use. If I knew exactly what EXACT programs and libraries runtimes etc i needed and what order to install them... I may not be having Makefile issues :)

Link the urls of what programs and libraries I will need with the download Urls and such. or you could upload a zip file with all tools numbered in order i need to install them. any way that is easiest for you.

Does you project have a donate button?

David Knight

« Reply #247 on: December 08, 2015, 10:47:16 pm »
I had a quick go at a dingoo build tonight but the build failed, it looks like the default sdk doesn't come with zlib.

I'll have to build this library first...unless it's already built and available elsewhere. ;D

To install the SDK I just followed these instructions, it was easy to install and the sample code compiles fine.

Radioboy86

« Reply #248 on: December 09, 2015, 04:40:22 am »
thanks so much I will try to do it again too. can you attempt another build? why would it fail? hmm

Radioboy86

« Reply #249 on: December 09, 2015, 04:43:21 am »
Zlib is a common library. I am sure its available on linux. I have no idea about this in depth. I will dive into getting the SDK installed. I thought I could just install Opendingux SDK as I wanted it to be usable in Gmenu2. I guess I should use the .app / .sim configuration and run it on native Dingux?

Radioboy86

« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2015, 07:40:41 pm »
I had a quick go at a dingoo build tonight but the build failed, it looks like the default sdk doesn't come with zlib.

I'll have to build this library first...unless it's already built and available elsewhere. ;D

To install the SDK I just followed these instructions, it was easy to install and the sample code compiles fine.

Any news? haha my builds failed too. I have no idea what to do :D

circuitbent

« Reply #251 on: March 17, 2016, 11:30:04 pm »
Why isn't this posted in the main Downloads page? I just checked this out and it's working great!

Shin-NiL (OP)

• Shin-NiL's Personal Web Page (Brazilian Portuguese)
« Reply #252 on: March 18, 2016, 12:31:44 am »
Please, check this  ;)

David Knight

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:12:46 pm by David Knight »

Qubits

« Reply #254 on: May 26, 2016, 06:35:14 am »
Is it possible to select the clock speed (NTSC or PAL) for Europe or USA / Japanese roms ? And if not is it on NTSC by default or does it automatically detect the clock speed of the rom ?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:10:43 am by Qubits »