• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Emulation Station  (Read 65943 times)

xXFrostXx (OP)

• * Former Staff
Re: Emulation Station
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2015, 01:50:40 am »
Here is the highly requested video of the beta.

One thing I forgot to mention. In the gamelist's detailed view, we will only show cover art, descriptions, developer, and publisher. Rating, release date, etc. will be removed. The reason for this is because we had to increase the font size on the GCW-Zero, and the screen may be too crowded without removing the unnecessary details like last time played.

---

Edit: Dingoonity says it's an invalid link when I attempt to embed it, so follow this link: http://youtu.be/tre8oX-5Duw
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:01:07 am by xXFrostXx »
Dingoonity is the place to be!

ruffnutts

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2015, 02:42:52 pm »
Looks awesome I did comment on your video  ;D thanks for sharing :)

Not saying I would use this as a replacement for gmenu2x but would love to have the option as a direct boot into ES
On one of my zero's   ;D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:47:17 pm by ruffnutts »

Bertuga

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2015, 03:06:17 pm »
Looks awesome! Cant wait for an release!

My wife sometimes get lost with gmenu, I think this would be perfect for her!

thefifthgiant

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2015, 04:56:49 pm »
This is great, very professional and clean.

Not saying I would use this as a replacement for gmenu2x but would love to have the option as a direct boot into ES
On one of my zero's   ;D

I agree that it would be a nice option to have, especially if you had it hooked up to a TV and just wanted to play some old games with friends that aren't familiar with the zero.

care16la20

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2015, 05:12:58 pm »
Liked a lot the idea.. Hope that every emulator gets embedded on this...

But have to make one small question:
Does this "universal frontend" eats processing power/ram that could affect the emulators?

ruffnutts

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2015, 05:35:56 pm »
This is great, very professional and clean.

On one of my zero's   ;D

I agree that it would be a nice option to have, especially if you had it hooked up to a TV and just wanted to play some old games with friends that aren't familiar with the zero.

Yeah its just so simple anyone could understand it ;D

toto

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2015, 08:52:18 pm »
Amazing job, love it, so neat! Thanks guys for your hard work, bless all of you.

xXFrostXx (OP)

• * Former Staff
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2015, 10:17:43 pm »

Does this "universal frontend" eats processing power/ram that could affect the emulators?

I plan to add support for all consoles the GCW-Zero can emulate. (Even PSX, though that entry will be hidden until an emulator is made.)

As to your question, ES uses very little RAM. It runs every emulator I've tried at full speed, like I said in the video. (And I've tried nearly everything except for a few. I still have to try ScummVM, Potator, and Temper... because those need fixing... as in, they need the built in selector removed and have to accept command line.)

xXFrostXx (OP)

• * Former Staff
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2015, 10:20:23 pm »

As far as I know, ES does re-scale to fit the screen, so it should look nice on a TV when TV-Out is supported.

care16la20

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2015, 11:44:45 pm »

I plan to add support for all consoles the GCW-Zero can emulate. (Even PSX, though that entry will be hidden until an emulator is made.)

As to your question, ES uses very little RAM. It runs every emulator I've tried at full speed, like I said in the video. (And I've tried nearly everything except for a few. I still have to try ScummVM, Potator, and Temper... because those need fixing... as in, they need the built in selector removed and have to accept command line.)

Nice, thanks for the information.. I hope all of them makes commands like call the menu standard because now ohboy for ex. uses power button, picodrive uses select alone..... hope to be all the select+start command

PSX to be honest to me could be psx4all.... lots of people says the emu is incomplete, buggy, etc, but in my opinion with a little more development could be the best psx emu for gcw0....
I have here around 40 isos working fine, finished yesterday Final Fantasy VII, and saw just a few issues during the whole game (small weird audio behavior sometimes, slowdown only when there is cgi with 3d characters together and during  some summons....) so I think could be a very nice emu with optimizations and better compatibility

xXFrostXx (OP)

• * Former Staff
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2015, 12:01:14 am »
Nice, thanks for the information.. I hope all of them makes commands like call the menu standard because now ohboy for ex. uses power button, picodrive uses select alone..... hope to be all the select+start command

PSX to be honest to me could be psx4all.... lots of people says the emu is incomplete, buggy, etc, but in my opinion with a little more development could be the best psx emu for gcw0....
I have here around 40 isos working fine, finished yesterday Final Fantasy VII, and saw just a few issues during the whole game (small weird audio behavior sometimes, slowdown only when there is cgi with 3d characters together and during  some summons....) so I think could be a very nice emu with optimizations and better compatibility

We don't have control with what buttons bring up the emulator's menu. That would be up to the emulator developers to agree on.

As for psx4all, yes, it works. I've played Spyro the Dragon and Glover through it. Though, we won't support it until/if it becomes more stable. Audio issues are all that really need fixed, as well as some button combinations. (Holding Select+L for L2 doesn't work too well. Especially if aiming in Medal of Honor, because holding Select+using the DPad changes emulator settings.)

With a few fixes, psx4all could be perfect, but we still have yet to find someone willing to work on it.

Aeter

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2015, 12:41:43 am »

We don't have control with what buttons bring up the emulator's menu. That would be up to the emulator developers to agree on.

As for psx4all, yes, it works. I've played Spyro the Dragon and Glover through it. Though, we won't support it until/if it becomes more stable. Audio issues are all that really need fixed, as well as some button combinations. (Holding Select+L for L2 doesn't work too well. Especially if aiming in Medal of Honor, because holding Select+using the DPad changes emulator settings.)

With a few fixes, psx4all could be perfect, but we still have yet to find someone willing to work on it.
It needs a lot more work than you make it seem.
If it was just a little fix up, someone would have picked it up already.
~cucullus non facit monachum~

xXFrostXx (OP)

• * Former Staff
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2015, 12:45:51 am »

Yes, I understand that. I apologize if I made it sound like an easy fix.
I was just mentioning the reasons we won't support it. Mainly, the fact that it's incomplete.

care16la20

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2015, 12:48:06 am »

Yes, I understand that. I apologize if I made it sound like an easy fix.
I was just mentioning the reasons we won't support it. Mainly, the fact that it's incomplete.

Understood

I hope this one and others that are like 90% complete get an proper revision soon ;)

xXFrostXx (OP)

• * Former Staff
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2015, 05:02:56 pm »
Understood

I hope this one and others that are like 90% complete get an proper revision soon ;)

Hopefully. But we'll support every emulator we can. ;D

Kouen Hasuki

« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2015, 12:35:10 pm »
I'm gonna check this one out, Nice work guys!

xXFrostXx (OP)

• * Former Staff
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2015, 06:13:01 pm »
Just a quick update.

I sent com64 some messages. He still hasn't gotten on Dingoonity, but hopefully he'll be back soon and we can implement the metadata scraper.

xXFrostXx (OP)

• * Former Staff
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2015, 08:20:42 pm »
A big thanks to OpenConsolesNews for writing this article!
http://www.open-consoles-news.com/2015/02/emulationstation-en-developpement-sur.html

I don't know how to contact the article writer, so if you see this, please add credit for com64. Believe me, without his help and what he is doing for this port, ES wouldn't be on its way to the GCW-Zero. It's a two man project.  :)

---

On another note, support has been added for Watara Supervision and Pok?mon Mini game consoles!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:26:15 pm by xXFrostXx »

k0en

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2015, 12:13:00 pm »
hi !

I will modifiy the article with credit to com64 !

Thanks for your job  ;)

ruffnutts

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2015, 06:24:41 pm »
Any progress reports? :)

Post a new topic