Author Topic: Announcing new, completely redesigned 3D printed DPAD and ABXY buttons  (Read 49505 times)

Atlantis_Risen

Re: Announcing new, completely redesigned 3D printed DPAD and ABXY buttons
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2016, 06:12:25 pm »
Lacquering the 3D printed parts is probably the way to retain the colors.

I have some doubts about this lacquering so i will make some questions:

?Do i need to brush every 6 months lacquiring the 3d printed for the GCW Zero or perhaps its permanent?

?Where i can find a good Lacquering to my 3d parts to my GCW Zero?

Thats all the questions i need,Thank you so much and waiting for you reply.

Also, will lacquering add thickness to the buttons and make them stick?

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2016, 08:16:13 pm »
Has anyone else had trouble with the color coming off?  GCW should really refund peoples money if this is a regular problem.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2016, 02:31:33 am »
Has anyone else had trouble with the color coming off?  GCW should really refund peoples money if this is a regular problem.
GCW llc doesn't receive money from this. It might be a better approach to contact Shapeways instead.

howie_k

« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2016, 10:13:42 pm »
Posted on the GCW site today : http://www.gcw-zero.com/news.php?id=17

Mar8

« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2016, 05:15:45 am »

Wow! Pretty cool :)

I didn't mind the start/select buttons but that's cool they made something for those who did have complaints.

eltehero

« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2016, 11:14:22 am »

Good news for owners of the device. Does this mean new consoles will be available soon?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 11:16:41 am by van denhawk »

Ghaleon

• Althena's Temple
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2016, 08:22:30 pm »
I really, really, really wanted to get new buttons for the Zero on the Neo Geo colors (red, yellow, green, and blue).  After playing King of Fighters so many times on my Zero the buttons are currently sticking.  However, after reading last night that the buttons get discolored from use, I placed an order this morning for the D-pad, the action buttons, the analog controller, and the start and select buttons, all in white.  If I'm going with the white look I might as well get everything.  I will let you guys know once the order arrives and I install them.

Ghaleon

• Althena's Temple
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2016, 07:34:56 pm »
The Shapeways controllers and buttons for the Zero arrived yesterday.  I installed them this morning... and I broke my Zero.  I broke all four cables that go from the battery to the motherboard, so the console no longer turns on.  I don't know how to solder, so unless somebody is willing for fix my Zero for me, I no longer have a Zero.  Send me an instant message if you are willing to help.

Two things: I will no longer try to fix any portable electronic devices.  They are too small.  I broke my sister's iPhone when I tried to fix it, and I broke my GCW Zero when I tried to fix it.  I will continue to fix desktop computers if necessary.

And I am not getting another Zero.  I loved my Zero while it worked.  However, eventually the buttons started sticking.  That means King of Fighters was unplayable.  I would've had to open it up to fix that problem, Shapeways or no Shapeways.  I consider that problem with the Zero's buttons a manufacturer's defect, so I will either take my chances with an Android portable open source gaming device or I will stop playing old emulated games on the go.  These games are not meant to be played with a touch screen, so a device with physical buttons is a must.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2016, 08:28:25 pm »
The Shapeways controllers and buttons for the Zero arrived yesterday.  I installed them this morning... and I broke my Zero.  I broke all four cables that go from the battery to the motherboard, so the console no longer turns on.  I don't know how to solder, so unless somebody is willing for fix my Zero for me, I no longer have a Zero.  Send me an instant message if you are willing to help.

Two things: I will no longer try to fix any portable electronic devices.  They are too small.  I broke my sister's iPhone when I tried to fix it, and I broke my GCW Zero when I tried to fix it.  I will continue to fix desktop computers if necessary.

And I am not getting another Zero.  I loved my Zero while it worked.  However, eventually the buttons started sticking.  That means King of Fighters was unplayable.  I would've had to open it up to fix that problem, Shapeways or no Shapeways.  I consider that problem with the Zero's buttons a manufacturer's defect, so I will either take my chances with an Android portable open source gaming device or I will stop playing old emulated games on the go.  These games are not meant to be played with a touch screen, so a device with physical buttons is a must.
Everything can be repaired - especially a few broken wires. There's a few people around who have the skills to help you out. Now the wires are broken it is best to replace them with JST connectors.

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2018, 07:15:04 pm »
I'd love to replace my d-pad and buttons, but I'm terrified to open my Zero.  :(
I did it!  And it went fine, no broken wires, although I think I re-installed my power slider switch upside-down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post a new topic