Author Topic: Announcing new, completely redesigned 3D printed DPAD and ABXY buttons  (Read 50750 times)

eltehero

Re: Announcing new, completely redesigned 3D printed DPAD and ABXY buttons
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 11:35:17 am »
I thought the new batches came with improved buttons.
Not the new ones announced here but just better than the older batches.
Thought I had read that somewhere here before.
Yes, that is correct. I assumed he was referring to the completely redesigned 3D printed buttons.

Thanks for the replies. Does this mean the gcw zero units on sale now no longer have the sticky button problems?
They shouldn't have any problems. If they do, I would send it back. But chances are slim that any of the new batches have any problems with them.
I wouldn't let this withhold me from buying the unit, if that's what you mean.

I do actually have a new unit which I bought from a reputable member of this community a while ago, so it may have the sticky button problems. I have never used it but might still sell it for one of the newer units.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 11:37:00 am by van denhawk »

superfenix2020

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 07:27:01 pm »
horribilus!!  :o

TimeDevouncer

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2015, 12:07:36 am »
Ok, the new buttons are placed :).

I try to explain myself (my english is very bad, sorry).

New buttons feels good, rugged touch are a right guess. I play for two hours and i'm happy with the result achieved, but is not perfect.

The problem is with the Pad, It's improved too much...but I have little problems with the left direction (sticky, sometimes it does not work well). BUT, the problem may be the plastic membrane...I don't know.

Overall recommended, I'm happy with the change.

Photos:

By the way...where can I buy new membranes?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:16:30 am by TimeDevouncer »
Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2015, 12:31:07 am »
Awesome photos! You can buy the membrane at ithic.com.

gcw (OP)

• http://GCW-Zero.com
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2015, 02:10:46 am »
Just clean contacts 91% Isopropyl Alcohol it will clean out any gunk

Quickman

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2015, 02:39:10 am »
Just clean contacts 91% Isopropyl Alcohol it will clean out any gunk
@gcw   Will the color black become available for the buttons and D pads in the near future? I'd really love to do this upgrade but keep the same color scheme. Thank you! And thank you so much for all of your hard work behind the scenes!

TimeDevouncer

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2015, 11:06:01 am »
Awesome photos! You can buy the membrane at ithic.com.

Thanks! Buyed! ;D I don't know if the new membrane fix this, but I'll try.

It's a shame that the console didn't come with good control from the first day :(

spinmaster

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2015, 12:02:19 pm »
Thanks @TimeDevouncer for the photos!

I think I will go for it too, even though I am like other users who would prefer black buttons and D-Pad.

Might be a stupid question, but what did you mean with "membrane"? What is it for and do I need it in order to exchange the new buttons?

TimeDevouncer

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2015, 01:09:57 pm »
Thanks @TimeDevouncer for the photos!

I think I will go for it too, even though I am like other users who would prefer black buttons and D-Pad.

Might be a stupid question, but what did you mean with "membrane"? What is it for and do I need it in order to exchange the new buttons?

Sorry, i don't know the name of this plastic:

Mine is slightly broken...Maybe it's that the problem, I doubt it, but I 'll try.

EDIT

MegamanX finished. I'm happy with the new dpad and buttons, but i feel the buttons a little small for action games. Or maybe I have fat fingers ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 04:37:46 pm by TimeDevouncer »

Quickman

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2015, 06:41:42 pm »
@TimeDevouncer  do you prefer/like the new Dpad better then the Game Boy D pad? I see that you had a purple game boy D pad before exchanging for the new one.  Would love to know if you actually recommend the game boy D pad over the new GCW Dpad that you just bought --pictured here. Thank you so much!

And thank you so much for the post/pictures!

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2016, 09:29:48 am »
I'm curious to know if the new membrane you ordered is of better quality.

TimeDevouncer

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 12:12:09 pm »
@TimeDevouncer  do you prefer/like the new Dpad better then the Game Boy D pad? I see that you had a purple game boy D pad before exchanging for the new one.  Would love to know if you actually recommend the game boy D pad over the new GCW Dpad that you just bought --pictured here. Thank you so much!

And thank you so much for the post/pictures!

Fmmm, If I had to rate the Dpads, I give this scores:

- Original --> 5/10
- Game Boy Pad --> 7/10
- New DPad --> 8/10

I'm curious to know if the new membrane you ordered is of better quality.

Me too, when I receive it I make tests and put the results in this post.

Quickman

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 07:19:54 pm »
@TimeDevouncer  thank you for your rating system! That was perfect!

Warrior

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 08:21:44 pm »
Can anyone give any insight on the colors?  Does the red match the lettering on the front of the zero (or is it lighter)?
Does the metallic match the outside trim of the console, or is it darker?

Thanks!

Quickman

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 11:36:34 pm »
Can anyone give any insight on the colors?  Does the red match the lettering on the front of the zero (or is it lighter)?

Thanks!
@Warrior  if you look carefully at the pictures on the page before this, it seems that the red D pad is a brighter colored red than the actual GCW zero writing on the bezel. I can't comment on the metallic though, because that seems like something I would need to see in person.

Warrior

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2016, 06:02:34 am »

Thanks!
@Warrior  if you look carefully at the pictures on the page before this, it seems that the red D pad is a brighter colored red than the actual GCW zero writing on the bezel. I can't comment on the metallic though, because that seems like something I would need to see in person.
Exactly.  I saw the pictures on the previous page and came to the same conclusion.  I was hoping someone that has physically seen these colors could confirm the color difference, possibly suggest the "best" looking colors in their opinion, or provide some clearer installed photos before I order.

Thanks!

Eliwood_san

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2016, 07:24:30 am »
Well this perfect post to explain my problem.2 years of service of my GCW Zero and today i have a dead button.Its not typically stuck  buttons in my GCW Zero.. nop its a dead button.I cant repair my GCW Zero myself so i give to a local technician here on M?xico.But before send  to the local repair,i need to buy the membrane of my button dead.I show my problem with this 2 photos:

In the photos you can see the button A its dead i cant pop out......
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 07:30:58 am by alexei_gp »

Quickman

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2016, 04:56:24 pm »
Well this perfect post to explain my problem.2 years of service of my GCW Zero and today i have a dead button.Its not typically stuck  buttons in my GCW Zero.. nop its a dead button.I cant repair my GCW Zero myself so i give to a local technician here on M?xico.But before send  to the local repair,i need to buy the membrane of my button dead.I show my problem with this 2 photos:

In the photos you can see the button A its dead i cant pop out......

If it's not the typical sticky button issue, then like you said it's probably extreme wear on the original membrane/conductive. Hopefully if you replace that all will be well. Please keep us posted and let us know ! I hope it gets fixed and you're back in business soon! :)

Eliwood_san

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2016, 12:59:18 am »
Thanks quickman for you reply.Well i have some news i spend some time to pull out the dead button and was very hard to pull out.Finally its semi working the dead button i  explain the problem.When i play fine with my right hand its working flawless the dead button.When i turn around my gcw zero and play it with my left hand the dead button gets stuck very easy.I tested my issue 3 times and the same way gets stuck  the button using my left hand.So i need to buy  the official buttons but i dont see in the official shop the membrane...If anyone know where to buy the membrane,please let me know.Thanks for reading me and waiting for the reply.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:02:57 am by alexei_gp »

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2016, 01:20:09 am »
Thanks quickman for you reply.Well i have some news i spend some time to pull out the dead button and was very hard to pull out.Finally its semi working the dead button i  explain the problem.When i play fine with my right hand its working flawless the dead button.When i turn around my gcw zero and play it with my left hand the dead button gets stuck very easy.I tested my issue 3 times and the same way gets stuck  the button using my left hand.So i need to buy  the official buttons but i dont see in the official shop the membrane...If anyone know where to buy the membrane,please let me know.Thanks for reading me and waiting for the reply.

Someone reported the DPAD membrane being the same as the one used for the face buttons. You can order one here.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic