• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: [TEST RELEASE] RetroArch for GCW0  (Read 42744 times)

the_gama (OP)

Re: [TEST RELEASE] RetroArch for GCW0
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2016, 01:32:50 am »
Okay, Thanks :)

Now I get this error: http://pastebin.com/Hu7n7D9B

Oh, right.  It should be:

Code: [Select]
256 #ifdef HAVE_EGL
257    return egl_get_proc_address(symbol);
258 #else
259    return 0;
260 #endif
261 }

the_gama (OP)

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2016, 03:44:35 pm »
If anyone is interested, I posted a new patch on the first post to successfully build the latest version of RetroArch (as of today).

And a WIP tempgba core.

Best.

kaio

• All about GCW-Zero on Russian + Repo
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2016, 03:48:35 pm »
If anyone is interested, I posted a new patch on the first post to successfully build the latest version of RetroArch (as of today).

And a WIP tempgba core.

Best.
Thanks.
Can you create a new opk file?
GCW-Zero | JXD S602

the_gama (OP)

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2016, 01:13:57 am »
Unfortunately, retroarch nightlies might have some bugs.   For instance, in the static version, the content history playlist seems to be broken.  And that is a very useful feature.

Also, the new ribbon gfx added to the xmb menu does not work on the zero.  It seems to be caused by some unimplemented operations in etnaviv driver, but it looks nice though.

But I will try to updload new opks of both versions, so anyone can help to test the app.

the_gama (OP)

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2016, 08:33:04 pm »
I did some dpad and button holes modification today, unfortunately when I was reassembling the unit I noticed I broke the power switch!

I hope I can install a replacement for it ...

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2016, 03:45:11 pm »
I did some dpad and button holes modification today, unfortunately when I was reassembling the unit I noticed I broke the power switch!

I hope I can install a replacement for it ...
Yep, power switch should be relatively cheap. Just order a PSP replacement power switch from eBay or some chinese reseller website. Until you get it repaired you can use the reset switch to power on the unit.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-general/power-switch-finally-broken/msg112973/#msg112973

the_gama (OP)

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2016, 09:37:01 pm »
Thank, I'm currently gathering some soldering equipment because I want to build one of the superpigirl consoles found on the net.  And have already bought a couple of power switch replacement parts. 

For now, I found that I can turn on the unit using the reset button :).

And at least the button and dpad holes modification was successful.  But I still find it difficult to input shoryukens though ...

the_gama (OP)

« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2016, 02:03:16 am »
I have uploaded a new build of the opk, please go to first post if you would like to download it.

The most relevant change is that I set the xmb menu driver as default.  It has been updated and tt is very nice now, even without the psp like ribbon animation (it is not working on the zero), it is worth to give it a try.

UPDATE: craft and picodrive cores are not working.  In picodrive I enabled the mips asm drawing code but I believe it only works for the psp right now.

As of this version, I think the app is ready for a proper release.  So If anyone would like, please feel free to do it :).

See ya.

AtariHERO

« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2016, 08:38:44 pm »
release section !!  :)

toto

« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2016, 01:54:02 pm »
Guys, maybe I'm ? litle bit stupid but I don't end up undersranding what is RetroArch and what's for.

Aeter

« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2016, 02:44:04 pm »
Guys, maybe I'm ? litle bit stupid but I don't end up undersranding what is RetroArch and what's for.
It's a program that combines a lot oo different emulators into one system in which you can load cores of each emulator available to retroArch.
~cucullus non facit monachum~

toto

« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2016, 03:00:58 pm »
Like emulstation? Does it support most of GCW's emulators?

Aeter

« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2016, 03:04:48 pm »
Like emulstation? Does it support most of GCW's emulators?
It basically emulates a lot of systems at once, so it's more like an all-in-one emulator.
Emulstation is just a front end for emulators already installed, this is more than a front end, it does the emulation as well for many systems.
Performance I don't know much about this release as I haven't had time to test it yet.
Mednafen is another all-in-one emulator if you're interested.

the_gama (OP)

« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2016, 02:06:10 am »
@toto, please take a look at their webpage: http://www.libretro.com/index.php/home-2/.

toto

« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2016, 05:08:49 pm »
Does it run Atari Jaguar?

Aeter

« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2016, 06:19:48 pm »
Does it run Atari Jaguar?
Probably not. Don't think gcw0 will ever be able to.

toto

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2016, 06:29:50 pm »
So no Tempest 2000 for me ?  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

AtariHERO

« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2016, 12:32:38 am »
So no Tempest 2000 for me ?  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

tempest x3 runs fine on the new psx emu ...  :)

toto

« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2016, 09:50:54 pm »
How could I miss that? Music and graphics are superb, thanks. It matches the original in every way!

Senor Quack

« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2016, 11:20:10 pm »
How could I miss that? Music and graphics are superb, thanks. It matches the original in every way!

Tempest X3 includes a hidden 'port' of Tempest 2000, but you have to manage to get a top score in the main game: (From Tempest 2000 wikipedia entry:)  Entering the name "YIFF!" or "H_V_S" on the top highscore position will activate a secret mode, allowing the user to choose to play the original Tempest 2000 game; however, any high scores made in this mode are not saved, the music (wave-captured from the original modules) is muffled and the effectiveness of the Particle Laser against Spikes is not restored even in this original mode