Author Topic: [SOLVED] Can't run my app properly from the .opk file  (Read 1798 times)

ubervison (OP)

[SOLVED] Can't run my app properly from the .opk file
« on: February 11, 2016, 03:09:06 pm »
So I have been playing around with Ziz's excellent sparrow3d library, and I have run into a small but frustrating problem. I have a very basic app: creating a window, blit a few things on it, and exit.

It works fine on my machine, and it also works when launching the executable directly via telnet, or via the Explorer application on the Zero. However, when I try launching it via the opk file, the screen just flickers for a second and then goes back to GMenu2X. gdb isn't telling me anything useful.

Obviously, this is a packaging related issue, but I can't figure what is wrong. I am using
Code: [Select]
-all-root -noappend -no-exports -no-xattrs when creating the opk, and I think the .desktop file is fine.

Do you have any idea what's happening here ? The source is here if you want to check it out (direct link to the .opk).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:44:57 pm by zear »

zear

Re: [Need help] Can't run my app properly from the .opk file
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 03:25:29 pm »
./sparrow-test.sh: Permission denied
You need to set executable rights to your script:
chmod +x sparrow-test.shThen build your OPK again and it will work :)

ubervison (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 04:34:32 pm »
It works ! I feel dumb now... thank you zear. Quick question: how did you get the
./sparrow-test.sh: Permission denied error message ? Running the opk with opkrun gave me nothing.

zear

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 04:48:31 pm »
It works ! I feel dumb now... thank you zear. Quick question: how did you get the
./sparrow-test.sh: Permission denied error message ? Running the opk with opkrun gave me nothing.
I mounted the OPK manually, then entered the directory and attempted to run sparrow-test.sh.

ubervison (OP)

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 04:49:30 pm »
I see, thank you again :)

zear

Re: [SOLVED] Can't run my app properly from the .opk file
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 05:45:14 pm »
You're welcome.
I marked the thread as solved.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic