Author Topic: [GUIDE] BUILD FIRMWARE FROM SOURCE AND FLASH TO DEVICE  (Read 11211 times)

MacDonals

Re: [GUIDE] BUILD FIRMWARE FROM SOURCE AND FLASH TO DEVICE
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 05:40:25 pm »
Seems really straightforward thanks. I'm dropping a 32gb card inside. Having the toolchain installed is no longer required now that there is the ingenic tool right?

mth

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2013, 02:44:28 pm »
Seems really straightforward thanks. I'm dropping a 32gb card inside. Having the toolchain installed is no longer required now that there is the ingenic tool right?
The toolchain was never required for flashing, it is for application development.

MacDonals

[GUIDE] BUILD FIRMWARE FROM SOURCE AND FLASH TO DEVICE
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2013, 02:56:16 pm »
Got it. Thx mth.

On a side note, I swapped out Micro SD cards. And WHILE I WAS CAREFUL, I managed to pull a wire from the motherboard that connects to the battery pack.

I have no problem soldering it back on, I have experience with that. I seem to have misplaced my iron, otherwise it'd be fixed by now.

Just a word to the wise that this is a risk!

Edit: All fixed but I'm never doing that again.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 04:27:36 pm by MacDonals »

ruffnutts

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 08:27:35 am »
So the wire must be short then? I had not problem doing this with a frankenzero....

MacDonals

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 12:12:19 pm »
There isn't a whole lot of leeway; enough to easily swap out the sd card but not much more. I think that wire didn't have a great solder point to begin with.

ruffnutts

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 01:58:21 pm »
Think I will wait till more size demanding stuff comes out like psx emulator for iso's .... ;D

zephyrus

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 07:08:22 pm »
 ;D i actually have 23.5gb left on my 64gb internal, and that only with released stuff...

SNESFAN

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2013, 03:29:48 pm »
That doesn't sound right at all, was your card formatted before you put it in there? The OS it's self shouldn't take more than a 100mb or so and all the bundled opks are 50mb max, if that. Cut out a couple GB for a partition table and you should have somewhere in the high 50's of GB left at the very least.

Or are you saying after you filled with other opks and ROMs etc?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:31:26 pm by SNESFAN »

zephyrus

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2013, 12:02:04 am »
sure roms and stuff, full sets of nintendo and sega will take a couple of gb :)

SNESFAN

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2018, 04:19:09 am »
Sorry to grave dig, I can't update OP (removed my old account)

I am working on porting dingux to another device (RS-97 with a JZ4760) went to go back and build the toolchain etc and I gotta say, quite a bit was broken.

1)dependencies > add bzr & gcc-multilib (building with linux mint 18.3)

2)gcc pointing to wrong folder, make symbolic link "sudo ln -s /usr/include/asm-generic/ /usr/include/asm"

3)make files for libpng, libmikmod, libglog, xinetd have broken source links (fixed in attachment)

4)gcc started messing up ncurses, ncurses needs patched (patch in attachment)

5)cmake is pointing to 2.8, yet is requireing 3.1 or above, corrected make file and patch changes are included in newer version so patch was removed.

6)etna_viv reports no targets, unable to fix (disabled) (changed in gcw0_defconfig)

7)hostadb source unresolveable, can't find suitable replacement (disabled) (changed in gcw0_defconfig)

8)mono-host is pointing to version 3.10, current version 5.4.1 (changed in gcw0_defconfig)

I'm not sure who to submit these changes to for the toolchain, if the maintainer still exists, so I'll leave them here in case anyone cares can validate and send them upstream.

If anyone is able to correct the issues with etna_viv and hostadb, that would be helpfull.

below is a link to the changes in a tar file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kCvb7fAOcS5LInQlH6tQJqKxUz9BlMK2/view?usp=sharing
Using Tapatalk

BelBeez

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2018, 10:06:16 pm »
Which kernel are you trying to port?

SNESFAN

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2018, 11:42:02 pm »
git://projects.qi-hardware.com/qi-kernel.git has files for 4760 board for 2.6.38, looks like a good place to start. I'm guessing 3.14, don't know, whatever works.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 11:45:19 pm by SNESFAN »
Using Tapatalk

Post a new topic