• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Temper - NEC PC-ENGINE emulator  (Read 43945 times)

bear

Re: Temper - NEC PC-ENGINE emulator
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 04:15:12 am »
thank you 8)
support fullscreen then perfect~

eltehero

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 04:45:17 am »
Does this new Temper support v-sync?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 04:49:57 am by van denhawk »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 05:47:35 am »
Does this new Temper support v-sync?
Yes, this version of Temper supports Triple Buffering, which is even better.

thank you 8)
It's already fullscreen... unless you want to fullscreen scaling ?
If so, then you can set "Scale screen width" to Yes.
It does not apply bilinear filtering to the screen though...

bear

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 01:03:56 pm »
thank you 8)
[/quote]
It's already fullscreen... unless you want to fullscreen scaling ?
If so, then you can set "Scale screen width" to Yes.
It does not apply bilinear filtering to the screen though...
[/quote]

sorry~
thank you
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:10:27 pm by bear »

yoshi41

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 07:36:38 pm »
I have released a new minor update that fixes several issues.

Thanks!

What is the Select button for in Gate of Thunder anyway ?

Change the moving speed of the ship.
Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

Quickman

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 08:05:01 pm »
I have released a new minor update that fixes several issues.

Thanks!

What is the Select button for in Gate of Thunder anyway ?

Change the moving speed of the ship.

I think the Select button is also a speed changer for the game "blazing lasers" on tg16 as well

Qubits

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2016, 06:03:07 pm »
That's a lot of informations to read here... hope you're ready gameblabla ! ;)

I haved tested all of my pce games, the fps is perfect, 60 fps full speed on all games i've tested but as previous people mentioned there are some massive sound, music lags / problems :

Aero Blaster : 60 FPS but sound / music lags, you can hear it on first level when the 3 green robots apears
Batman : 60 FPS but lot of sound / music lags during the whole game, even on the intro / menu
Blazing lasers 60 FPS but some sound / music lags during the intro / menu of the game
Bomberman 94 : 60 FPS but the music / sound spit and crackle from time to time (like every 20 secs), to hear this prob, press start until bomberman is in the " temple " kind of cheese place and let the music run
Dead Moon : 60 FPS but sound / music lags during the intro / menu screen. In the game its ok
Detana TwinBee : 60 FPS but MASSIVE sound / music lags during the intro / menu screen / in the game
Galaga 88 : 60 FPS but sounds / music lags during the game
Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire : Doesnt work ! the game launch but then it shows a naked girl with a japanese writing......................
Gradius : 60 FPS but massive sound / music lags
Image Fight : 60 FPS sound / music lags during the intro, during the game it seems ok but i havent played for a long time
Image Fight II (cd) : 60 FPS but some spits and crackles for the music during the game (you can hear that easily by pressing start (pause) during the game and just hear the music...)
Loom : 60 FPS but sounds / music lags
Lords of Thunder :  60 FPS but sounds / music lags
Ninja Spirit : 60 FPS but some spits / crackles on music / sound
R-Type Part II : 60 FPS but sound / music lags
Summer Carnival 92 : 60 FPS but sound / music lag probs
Valkyrie no Densetsu : 60 FPS but sound / music lag probs

These are only the games that have some sound / music lags, of course i've played other games that dont have any problems at all and are just perfect in terms of fps, sound & music like Devil Crash, Fantasy Star Soldier, Coton, Final Match Tennis, etc...

Also an important thing to notice is that on many games when you press pause you hear a noise in the background which doesnt happen on Mednafen or other emulators, exemple : Ninja Spirit or Dead Moon.

Another thing to mention when lauching cd games, since you cannot see the extension, if you launch the iso instead of the cue, it will show a black screen and the gcw is stucked, the only way to escape is pressing Hold up + Select, it would be nice to be able to press start+select to exit and go back to the list of the roms too or an automatic go back to the rom list like on Mednafen would be nice.

Now the other problem i've mentioned in the Mednafen post and that i think is important enough to mention is about the colors / contrast / saturation. I dont know if Mednafen shows the correct c/c/s or if its temper that is right, but the difference is here and to me, it seems that Temper is fading the colors a little bit, make them look desaturated, while Mednafen is showing bright and crisp colors, much more better looking. here are a few screenshots for some comparaisons :

Quickman

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 06:09:35 pm »
@Qubits  thanks for the screenshot comparisons and info!   I can see what you mean exactly on the color/contrast/saturation

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2016, 10:38:10 pm »
Thank you for reporting bugs Qubits.
I have released a new version (1.23) that fixes all the issues except the color saturation.

Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire : Doesnt work ! the game launch but then it shows a naked girl with a japanese writing......................
HAHAHAHA
I'm sorry but this is just hilarious, i need to test this.
This game is one of these games to require the Arcade Card.
To enable the Arcade Card, go to "Configure Options", and set "CD-Rom System" to ACD.

Now the other problem i've mentioned in the Mednafen post and that i think is important enough to mention is about the colors / contrast / saturation. I dont know if Mednafen shows the correct c/c/s or if its temper that is right, but the difference is here and to me, it seems that Temper is fading the colors a little bit, make them look desaturated, while Mednafen is showing bright and crisp colors, much more better looking. here are a few screenshots for some comparaisons :
I attempted to fix this but SDL_SetGamma do not work on the GCW0, arf...
I will need to look further into this but the fact that SDL_SetGamma only seems to work on Windows does not help.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:39:54 pm by gameblabla »

Qubits

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2016, 10:57:47 pm »
I've downloaded 1.23 and it fixes all sound / music problems except with loom. It's now getting close to perfection, hope you can find a solution to fix the color problem ! Good luck.

Qubits

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 06:11:17 pm »
BTW, here is a very good site for PC Engine you might want to visit if you dont know about it and would like to discover new games, it has lot of screenshots, videos, even comparisons for games that have been ported on other consoles, very good tool, ckeck it out !

http://www.pcengine.co.uk

Quickman

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2016, 08:18:56 pm »
BTW, here is a very good site for PC Engine you might want to visit if you dont know about it and would like to discover new games, it has lot of screenshots, videos, even comparisons for games that have been ported on other consoles, very good tool, ckeck it out !

http://www.pcengine.co.uk

Thanks buddy! @Qubits
 I love that they have a section for Sprite sheets 👍😀
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 08:22:04 pm by Quickman »

Qubits

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2016, 01:30:56 pm »
Just taking some news, do you think you can fix the colors problem gameblabla ? I really would like to play my favourites pc engine games with the original colors...

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2016, 01:59:24 pm »
I have fixed the color issue and made the color palette brighter,
let me know if the palette is too bright.

Qubits

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2016, 05:56:02 pm »
It's the same, i've downloaded the opk from the first post, its still v1.23, are you sure you've uploaded the new one ?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2016, 07:15:22 pm »
It's the same, i've downloaded the opk from the first post, its still v1.23, are you sure you've uploaded the new one ?
It's not the same, you're wrong, i have just not bothered to change the version string.
I changed it so it includes the current version number now. (1.23.1)

Qubits

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2016, 07:19:31 pm »
I've downloaded the opk from the first post, replaced it on my gcw and the colors and the same.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2016, 08:07:12 pm »
I've downloaded the opk from the first post, replaced it on my gcw and the colors and the same.
Then that's a problem on your side, because i have updated it.
Sometimes, you may have to reboot your GCW0 because it doesn't refresh the cache properly.

I have (again) updated Temper because the palette was too bright,
it's now on par with Mednafen.

Qubits

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2016, 08:20:24 pm »
You've changed the luminosity (too bright black becomes grey) but the colors are always too pale (temper 1.2.3.1 on the left and mednafen on the right) :

TimeDevouncer

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2016, 10:19:53 pm »
I don't know the problem, but when I try a CD game, the screen turns black and nothing more.

I put the syscards in the .temper\syscards directory :-\, I need something else?
Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

Post a new topic