Author Topic: [DMenu] DekUI [FINISHED]  (Read 20050 times)

juhakose

Re: DekUI [FINISHED]
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 01:49:45 am »
It's my favourite theme, but I have not managed to use it with dmenu 0.51.

It always throw segmentation fault when setting it, either if I manually copy the content of the cfg files to another working theme's cfg files and overwriting the theme graphics.

I Get this theme work on dmenu 0.51 just copying DekUI "res" folder to the theme called Default(Or Base, i rename it Default) folder and replace the original "res" folder. :P

Funny that this theme do not work without segmentation fault if i make new folder in to it on themes folder and copy .cfg etc. in to it.

And advise for everyone , make copy of the "dmenu.ini" to somewhere in memory card, in case of segmentation fault you can use dingoo native firmavare filemanager to copy  "dmenu.ini" to Dmenu folder and get Dingux working without computer :D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 02:01:11 am by juhakose »

santino

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 01:55:02 pm »
This is the new Dmenu 6.0 with DekUI Theme working: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ALCJQSE1

Just delete everything in /local/dmenu and extract the archive there.
On ToDo are the MenuSounds, they are very nasty, but cannot disabled in Dmenu6.0. Please leave your comments.;)

QBert

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 01:26:17 am »
This is the new Dmenu 6.0 with DekUI Theme working: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ALCJQSE1

Thanks for this!

Sureshot

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 07:13:53 pm »
Yep, many thanks indeed; bricked my Dingux install twice trying to get this theme to work on 0.6.

difuno

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 12:37:13 am »

On ToDo are the MenuSounds, they are very nasty, but cannot disabled in Dmenu6.0. Please leave your comments.;)

What I've been doing to disable the menu sound is simply clear the reference between the quotes, ie. "res/menuitem.wav" to "".

Has anyone else here encountered the same problem I have?

I am using this Demu 6.0 + DekUI pack, together with with latest Elta rootfs (20091208). And from time to time, I have been kicked out by the softwares (mostly emulators, mame, fba for example), I click on the icon, and the splash screen shows up (if any, such as mame), nothing then happens but it returns to the menu system automatically. I checked in the debug terminal, and found something like "read only file system", "dmenu.ini.tmp not found/can't be created". (can't remember what exactly it says, but those are the key lines I can remember).

Any idea? What went wrong?

ctrl_shift_esc

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009, 12:45:41 am »

What I've been doing to disable the menu sound is simply clear the reference between the quotes, ie. "res/menuitem.wav" to "".

Has anyone else here encountered the same problem I have?

I am using this Demu 6.0 + DekUI pack, together with with latest Elta rootfs (20091208). And from time to time, I have been kicked out by the softwares (mostly emulators, mame, fba for example), I click on the icon, and the splash screen shows up (if any, such as mame), nothing then happens but it returns to the menu system automatically. I checked in the debug terminal, and found something like "read only file system", "dmenu.ini.tmp not found/can't be created". (can't remember what exactly it says, but those are the key lines I can remember).

Any idea? What went wrong?

That thing happens to me too. I guess it has something to do with the segfaults corrupting improtant system files. Fix is sure needed, though it seems (i'm no pro in this field) to me, the problem is in the combination, not only the theme. Might be 0.6's bugs. Once again, it is mere guesswork.

Bouvrie

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009, 06:53:20 am »
Dingux mounts the filesystem as readonly whenever it is corrupted. This has to do with the showstopper Fat32 corruption bug, I think the segfaults are also related to that. More info in my FAQ (See signature).
Write/save problems? Segmentation faults? Black screens? Read the Troubleshooting and FAQ guide first to fix your issues! :)
SD Card readonly/corruption issues? Chkdisk /F and steer clear from DMenu: use GMenu instead!

santino

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2009, 10:24:46 am »
Yes, if you read something about readonly then just backup and format it again. There is not way around.

massivebasset

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2009, 03:25:29 pm »
Made icons for Dingux-Go and Dingux-Mancala utilizing the blank button in the theme, and pictures from wikipedia.  Attached if anyone else wants to use them.

santino

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2009, 03:37:24 pm »
Very nice, I will add them to the localpack.;)

Pingouin

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2009, 10:13:48 pm »
Fantastic theme Dekthro, definitely my favourite and new de facto theme  ;D

Made icons for Dingux-Go and Dingux-Mancala utilizing the blank button in the theme, and pictures from wikipedia.  Attached if anyone else wants to use them.

Thanks a bunch, I needed those :D

*EDIT* I was only missing an icon for Supertux, so I made one and attached it if someone wants it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 10:52:08 pm by Pingouin »

Pingouin

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2009, 10:18:23 pm »
... and one for OpenJazz newly released by Yoannd26:

santino

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2009, 10:59:38 pm »
@ Pingouin

Ive already done a supertux icon. It is included in the newest localpack. :P

This is my OpenBOR Icon for DekUI.;)

Pingouin

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2010, 07:49:41 pm »
Giana's Return icon:

toddler

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2010, 01:33:48 am »
A few icons...

fuzzi23

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010, 02:17:58 pm »
DekUI theme updated. Changes:

• beat2x + icon added
  • mplayer + icon added
  • sub genre menu with new icons added
  • new theme menu screenshot added

UPDATES:

• bubble dizzy + icon added
  • blockdude + icon added
  • sokoban + icon added
  • biniax 1 + icon added
  • moons of subterrane + icon added
  • ball point pen factory + icon added
  • yeti 3d + icon added
  • clonekeen 2 & 3 + icons added (all three with diferent colors)
  • jump 'n blob + icon added
  • ganbare! natsuki-san + icon added
  • tail tale + icon added
  • chinese paladin (sdlpal) + icon added
  • meritous + icon added
  • tetra master + icon added
  • all game icons optimized (white center outline fitted, dark icons now brighter)

• gba emu + icon added
  • game gear emu (sdl plus) + icon added
  • neo geo pocket emu + icon added
  • intellivision emu + icon added
  • amiga emu + icon added
  • DCaSTaway emu + icon added
  • vice c128 emu + icon added
  • vice x64dtv emu + icon added
  • vice cbm 500 emu + icon added
  • vice cbm 600 emu + icon added
  • vice PET emu + icon added
  • atari 800 emu + icon added
  • thomson to7-70 emu + icon added

• pv2x picture viewer + icon added
  • oldplay + icon added
  • media section partially with new icons

• apps section partially with new icons

• menu selection + icon added
  • system section partially with new icons

DOWNLOAD:

DekUI.rar

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:08:16 pm by fuzzi23 »

Dekthro

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 06:19:12 pm »
Thanks everyone for maintaining this for me.  :D Hopefully I'll be able to make another theme soon, after I fix my Dingoo. Most likely will be for the new GMenu, though.  :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 08:30:00 pm by Dekthro »

fuzzi23

Re: [DMenu] DekUI [FINISHED]
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 05:15:10 pm »
DekUI theme updated with many new icons. Check update text above. Download link updated.

fuzzi23

Re: [DMenu] DekUI [FINISHED]
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 01:08:43 pm »
Updated Link!

Post a new topic