Author Topic: Triplane Classic & Apricots  (Read 7410 times)

zear (OP)

Triplane Classic & Apricots
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:39:38 pm »
Hey there.
It has been a while since I released anything. For the last few months I've been occupied with my own game (which took part in the RIOT Tag coding competition). Now the compo is finally over, so I found time to finish some of my old wip-ports. So here they are:

Triplane Classic

Triplane Classic is a side-scrolling dogfighting game featuring solo missions and multiplayer mode with up to four players. It is a port of the original Triplane Turmoil game for DOS and aims to match the original game exactly so that high scores remain comparable to the original.

Controls:

Menu:
D-PAD - control mouse cursor
A - mouse left click
B - mouse right click

In-game:
D-PAD DOWN/UP - fly up/down
A - shoot guns
B - engine power
X - roll
Y - drop bombs
SELECT - exit map

The controls are remappable via the game options.

Download: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,521
NOTE: I was just told that the game does not work with legacy kernels. So please run it on OpenDingux until I find and fix the problem. Fixed.

Apricots

Apricots is yet another dogfighting game, although it's much more simple. There are two game modes: 1) reach the target score and get back to base 2) destroy all enemy bases. The game also offers 3 different plane types to choose from.

Controls:
D-PAD LEFT/RIGHT - fly up/down
A - shoot
B - drop bombs
SELECT - exit game

Apricots doesn't have any in-game menus, so in order to change the game options (like game modes) one need to manually edit the apricots.cfg config file.

Download: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,520

These two will probably be my last ports to the Dingoo, since from now on I'd like to focus on my own game developement.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:59:24 pm by zear »

Meneer Jansen

Re: Triplane Classic & Apricots
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 12:47:36 pm »
Is it an old MS-DOS game? It looks wonderful!  :)
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:45:19 pm »
Triplane was a commercial game back in the days, which most likely means they actually had artists, in contrast to most open source games ;)

lemmywinks

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 10:46:56 pm »
Good stuff, thanks!!!

I'm finding them a little bit hard though, maybe i'm just getting old!
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
ASUS TUF, Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX, Toshiba 3480ct
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

samir

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 03:55:21 am »
These two will probably be my last ports to the Dingoo, since from now on I'd like to focus on my own game developement.

Thanks for those games, Zear! Any Chance for a last port of fheroes2?  ;D

ryba

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 11:13:53 am »
Hallo.every time,when the game is over, it turns off and i get to gmenu and i have to start it again.any solution?bye.

zear (OP)

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 11:21:10 am »
Hallo.every time,when the game is over, it turns off and i get to gmenu and i have to start it again.any solution?bye.
That's how this game was designed. I can't help it.

Post a new topic