Author Topic: Snes9x4D (for DINGUX)  (Read 43267 times)

manafreak

Re: Snes9x4D (for DINGUX)
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2011, 04:37:01 am »
Any chance of improving the sound emulation?  I'm mostly referring to echo/FIR or whatever tricks some Squaresoft games and the like use for wind effects, etc.  I'm assuming there are technical hurdles involved and the dingoo may not fast enough to do it properly as is but I would like to see it implemented even as just an option.  I'm mostly interested in this for the Pandora port which should be able to handle it, but I think it would also be a nice addition to the dingux port.  Anyways, great work so far, definitely the emulator I'm most interested in atm.   :)

bloodgnome

« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2011, 06:29:32 pm »
Great work. Thanks a lot.

Is it possible to make some kind of cheat-menu so we could see/enable ect. a specific cheatcode ? That would be awesome.

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2011, 10:52:31 am »
Hey SiENce... fantastic work on this snes emulator of yours. I'm a newbie with running Dingux but I managed to get some playtime with the snes9x4d emulator and its great. Definitely the best when it comes to compatibility... very surprised Star Ocean & Seiken Densetsu 3 run correctly on it... on others, the text is out of whack for hi-res games, etc.
I was just wondering if you are planning a new release in the future?? I ask because of the emulator's decreased speed(w/transparency on) & sometimes sound hiccups. I know there is always room for improvement when it comes to projects, in general i mean.
Hope to hear back... and also, thank you so much... what people like you do for the dingoo is the reason I got one in the first place.

« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2011, 04:27:57 pm »
Hey SiENce... fantastic work on this snes emulator of yours. I'm a newbie with running Dingux but I managed to get some playtime with the snes9x4d emulator and its great. Definitely the best when it comes to compatibility... very surprised Star Ocean & Seiken Densetsu 3 run correctly on it... on others, the text is out of whack for hi-res games, etc.
I was just wondering if you are planning a new release in the future?? I ask because of the emulator's decreased speed(w/transparency on) & sometimes sound hiccups. I know there is always room for improvement when it comes to projects, in general i mean.
Hope to hear back... and also, thank you so much... what people like you do for the dingoo is the reason I got one in the first place.

Just in case you didn't know, there is a different version of SNES9x on Dingux that is less compatible but considerably faster for most games.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bmmkov6v0ixm3ij

SiENcE (OP)

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2011, 02:58:08 pm »

Hey Thx. I have no time to update this Emulator this month. Maybe next month. Stay tuned ans watch my Blog.

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2011, 06:24:04 am »
I will... thank you so much for that update.

xinxilas

« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2011, 06:10:31 am »
i cant launch it..

Im using gmenu2x, when i open it goes to linux console, then gets back to gmenu2x

« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2011, 06:14:57 am »
i cant launch it..

Im using gmenu2x, when i open it goes to linux console, then gets back to gmenu2x

Click Select on the link. Go to Edit. Turn On the Selector Browser. For the Selector Directory, choose your roms folder.

xinxilas

« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2011, 06:15:43 am »
yes i just did it 10 secs ago
tkz :D

santino

« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2011, 03:46:22 pm »
Is there an option to get this port running with sound on opendingux?

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2012, 10:17:52 pm »
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been messing around with the settings for snes9x4d lately and found the best compatibility through the following:

Clock:  440mhz
Parameters:   -cycles 82
Transparency:  off/on (depending on preference)

These seem to always provide an extra 15fps consistently for any game. Much, much smoother gameplay experience without having to sacrifice glitches or sound issues.

Sience,

Any chance you will be updating your amazing emulator anytime soon?? Hope to hear from you. Hope all is well & keep up the great work!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic