Author Topic: pcsx4all 2.4 for Dingoo A320  (Read 4176 times)

dmitry_smagin (OP)

Re: pcsx4all 2.4 for Dingoo A320
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 05:52:42 am »
The only auto frameskip related gfx glitch I noticed was in Castlevania SotN - missing letters during dialogue before Dracula fight. Although I tested mostly 2D games like Castlevania Chronicles, Megaman, MK 3, MK Trilogy. The last two run extremely fine. :)

My Dingoo runs overclocked at 408MHz, and if higher it resets occasionally. Never encountered heavy gfx glitches HercTNT was talking about.

@HercTNT
Btw, psx4all's showing 393MHz max doesn't mean PCSX4ALL runs at the same pace. In fact, PCSX4ALL doesn't even know about overclocking, as it's gmenu2x who sets it. Try reducing overclock to 408 and maybe gfx corruption will be gone.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 06:01:08 am by dmitry_smagin »
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

streeker

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 08:47:32 am »
As I've noted before: "Oddworld - Abe's Oddysee" is another game that is unplayable with frameskip enabled.

HercTNT

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 09:20:52 am »
The only auto frameskip related gfx glitch I noticed was in Castlevania SotN - missing letters during dialogue before Dracula fight. Although I tested mostly 2D games like Castlevania Chronicles, Megaman, MK 3, MK Trilogy. The last two run extremely fine. :)

My Dingoo runs overclocked at 408MHz, and if higher it resets occasionally. Never encountered heavy gfx glitches HercTNT was talking about.

@HercTNT
Btw, psx4all's showing 393MHz max doesn't mean PCSX4ALL runs at the same pace. In fact, PCSX4ALL doesn't even know about overclocking, as it's gmenu2x who sets it. Try reducing overclock to 408 and maybe gfx corruption will be gone.
  well, it seems i was wrong all along. I was misunderstanding how the clock rates were being reported by the information bar at the bottom of the screen as opposed to in the links. it seems if i set a clock rate higher than that 384 in the games link, its not reported at the bottom of the screen. Also, oddly it seems my dingoo reset all my clocks and i have been running at 384 the whole time ( i said 393, my mistake). so the corruption is not caused by higher clocks. I will play around with it some more to see what i can come up with. Also, since the clock resets i can now set my clock rate higher than 384 in psx4all as i was unable to before. I have no explanation for any of this.

Senor Quack

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 01:32:36 pm »
Also, since the clock resets i can now set my clock rate higher than 384 in psx4all as i was unable to before. I have no explanation for any of this.

Please forgive me if you really were referring to the older PSX4ALL there..   I know it's confusing, but please be clear when referring to PSX4ALL vs PCSX4ALL. PSX4ALL is a much older release, PCSX4ALL is this new release with much work done in the past year.

For a bit more speed, you can increase the Cycle Multiplier setting up to 3.0 (default is 2.0), which reduces overhead of CPU emulation at the cost of compatibility: some games will freeze (Valkyrie Profile) or will actually run slowly because timing will be off (parts of Castlevania SOTN or all of Metal Gear Solid for instance).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 01:58:00 pm by Senor Quack »

HercTNT

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 10:45:04 pm »
At this point i don't blame you for questioning if i have this all mixed up. Hell, i don't even know at this point LOL. No, i am using the current version recently released around christmas i believe. Last night i pushed my clock to 432 and played sexy parodius, worms armeggedon, rapid reload, and SOTN. only SOTN and rapid reload suffer from corruption now if i set frameskip to anything but off.  I can run parodius and worms with frameskip to auto with a small boost in speed and no issues. All games ran rock solid at 432mhz for several hours. I will try the Cycle Multiplier setting later tonight and report my findings.
I can't thank you all enough for the feedback and help. its much appreciated.

Edit: So i changed the cycle multiplier to 3 with very good results. All games ran a bit smoother with parodius running near flawless with full sound. Its my understanding to stay away from 3d titles so obviously everything i'm testing is 2d. No matter what I do, some games have corruption with frameskip on. Its likely an odd quirk in my machine.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:09:21 am by HercTNT »

DiegoSLTS

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2017, 01:39:21 pm »
Its my understanding to stay away from 3d titles so obviously everything i'm testing is 2d. No matter what I do, some games have corruption with frameskip on. Its likely an odd quirk in my machine.
I'd say you should try 3D games too. I've tested some games with pretty good results.

Resident Evil 1 Director's Cut works surprisingly well.
Pandemonium is playable.
Vagrant Story is playable too.
Final Fantasy IX is a bit slow but that's not a big problem for this kind of games. I guess FF VII and VIII will work faster.
Alien Trilogy works really well.

I wanted to play Herc's Adventure but the sound is all messed up, I get background music and full sound during cutscenes, but all sounds disapear or play randomly when actually playing.

FF VII runs great
Parasite Eve 2 seems to runs great too, need to turn on a fix in the settings
Alone in the Dark - The New Nightmare and Fear Effect 2 crash
Disney's Tarzan runs at half speed
Dino Crisis 2 freezed in the first cutscene
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:43:40 pm by DiegoSLTS »

Senor Quack

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2017, 05:15:08 am »
I wanted to play Herc's Adventure but the sound is all messed up, I get background music and full sound during cutscenes, but all sounds disapear or play randomly when actually playing.

Alone in the Dark - The New Nightmare and Fear Effect 2 crash
Dino Crisis 2 freezed in the first cutscene

Are you using PAL versions of games by chance? Beware of later games that have copy protection that looks for hidden CD subchannel data. Always use NTSC USA versions of games to avoid most copy protection that causes freezes that many PAL games have.

If you're already using NTSC versions, let us know and we'll check the issues as time permits.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 04:58:23 pm by Senor Quack »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic