Author Topic: OpenDingux: first end-user release  (Read 63692 times)

K-77

• * Former Staff
Re: OpenDingux: first end-user release
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2012, 03:58:47 pm »
Shin-NiL also had rewrite two awesome Zelda ports

More info here:

Code: [Select]
http://a320.emulate.su/2012/07/10/dve-zeldy-po-cene-odnoj-dingoo-a320-opendingux/

Munchausen

« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2012, 11:37:45 am »
Loving the new release. Been using OD second pre-release for ages but the final version rocks. Thanks guys!

One small suggestion - how about a help text somewhere in gmenu2x with an explanation of the power daemon shortcuts? I got caught in mouse mode at some point and didn't know how to escape!

cypersan

« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2012, 01:58:25 pm »
OpenMSX 0.82 isn't working with the first end-user release.  It was ok with the opendingux release from  2011.

Can I make something simple to try get it working or I need to change the source code and recompile it ?

HercTNT

« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2012, 03:55:49 pm »
I have Openmsx running on mine with no issue and i'm using the latest OD. I had to completely wipe my sd card to get everything working right. If you did not do so, you might need to.

cypersan

« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2012, 05:52:25 pm »
I formatted the card and I did a new install but openMSX isn't working yet. 

However Iget pocketsnes and dingux-msx working.

Can you detail your procedure to install openMSX ?

Tanks in advance,
Marcelo.

HercTNT

« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2012, 03:37:27 am »
Cypersan, i'm a moron. I got openmsx confused with Dingux-msx. I do not have openmsx working and i'm sorry for the confusion.

Stoofa

« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2012, 12:04:11 pm »
Hello guys, I'm sure one of you will be able to assist. I've got zero sound with all emulators and games in this release (never had it with any previous).

If I go to Sound Mixer I can adjust the Master volume up and down, but Speaker volume is stuck at 00.

Hoping I am just being a dumbass and missing something

Stoofa

« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2012, 12:17:45 pm »
Just to give a bit more information. I've been playing with my Dingoo for quite some time now. I've got my SD card formatted and prepared correctly and I know there isn't any issues with it.

All I get through the speakers with this release of OpenDingux is very faint crackling.

Sound works fine in Native and previous versions of OpenDingux and Dingux.

Stoofa

« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2012, 12:31:31 pm »
Doh! Yep, I am a dumbass. Found this from the PocketSNES post (as pointed out previously in this thread)

in the menu settings is a sound manager - Sound Mixer. Run it and the arrow up / down to expose the value of a master to a maximum, then side arrow to move right there will be an element of SoftMast (he goes after the Output M so that hidden behind the screen), put its value at the maximum and the sound always work.Sorry for my English.

I've given myself a good slap :o

DaggyMAC

« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2012, 06:14:12 pm »
Can anyone make a video showing capabilities of SNES emulation on OpenDingux?
Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Micro, Nintendo DS Lite, PSP E1004, Apple iPhone 3G, Amazon Kindle 3, Macbook 13", iPod Nano 6th gen with LunaTik case

Manuel

« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2012, 07:30:49 pm »
OpenMSX 0.82 isn't working with the first end-user release.  It was ok with the opendingux release from  2011.

Can I make something simple to try get it working or I need to change the source code and recompile it ?

I think openMSX just needs a recompile and then it will work again.

Munchausen

« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2012, 02:49:49 pm »
Can anyone make a video showing capabilities of SNES emulation on OpenDingux?

I can try to make a video some evening this week maybe... but trust me snes emulation with pocketsnes is basically perfect IMHO... at least as good as native now.

st0x

« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2012, 12:31:20 am »
Quick question,  how do I get the darn thing to save settings.  I have a blank MicroSD that I have copied OpenDingux onto.  now when I add a link/shortcut say Picodrive once I reboot it will be gone.  I have enabled the save links option but that also resets to NO by default after a reboot.  aargh

zear

« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2012, 10:40:09 am »
This most likely means your filesystem is damaged (OD switches into read only mode to not damage it further). Please reformat your card.

bkc_a320

• cafe break
« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2012, 09:49:48 am »
Is there any way to connect OpenDingux to Internet via PC?

dingoo -> PC(or Mac) -> Internet

IIRC, dingux with elta's rootfs could do that.

sonicboy

« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2012, 09:03:58 pm »
I know this question might be answered already but right now i dont have the time to read this whole topic so i'll ask it anyway.  I tried several memory cards formatted as fat32 but opendingux doesnt want to boot. I used the right zimage for my video driver so this couldn't be the cause. How could i solve this please?

darth_llamah

« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2012, 09:21:03 pm »
I know this question might be answered already but right now i dont have the time to read this whole topic so i'll ask it anyway.  I tried several memory cards formatted as fat32 but opendingux doesnt want to boot. I used the right zimage for my video driver so this couldn't be the cause. How could i solve this please?
You need to create a primary fat32 partition on the card. Under windoze I've used Bootice for that

sonicboy

« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2012, 10:04:52 pm »
You need to create a primary fat32 partition on the card. Under windoze I've used Bootice for that

thanks, i downloaded the program but how should i make this primary fat 32 partition please?

darth_llamah

« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2012, 10:18:15 pm »
thanks, i downloaded the program but how should i make this primary fat 32 partition please?
Select your card reader as Destination Disk, double check the choice or you may damage your HDD
Click on Parts Manage, then ReFormat USB disk.
Select USB-HDD single partition option, Partition alignment leave as is, click Next.
Select FAT32 as filesystem and optionally set volume label.
Click OK and wait :)

schanall

« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2012, 08:18:55 pm »
OpenDingux is awesome! I have had played a lot with an android device but now my Dingoo makes me happy again!Thank you so much :) 

Post a new topic
Post a new topic