Author Topic: OpenBor Dingux Port  (Read 40151 times)

nsiraser

Re: OpenBor Dingux Port v0.1
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 08:36:09 pm »
How do I do this exactly?

"Set your menu launcher to execute ./OpenBOR.dge"

I'm using "local-10.zip" when I flash dingux, I'm sorry I'm new to this thing. Thanks

ruffnutts

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 08:37:55 pm »
Nice one eule - MKU runs great lol - big file though.....

Check out
http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/index.htm

Dreamcast paks do work like megasonic - some need to be taken out the iso or cdi img using ultraiso type progs

ruffnutts  ;)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 09:25:16 pm by ruffnutts »

JPWasko

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 09:23:45 pm »
Need to a quick bit of advice.

I execute the Openbor.dge, I see the opening graphics, but then the screen flashes back to the dingux menu.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ruffnutts

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 09:51:10 pm »
Have a look at the Terminal in Dmenu for the error - see what it says.....

Ikonz101

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 10:06:13 pm »
For the newest OpenBor mods go to www.lavalit.com and sign up then go to downloads. You will find tons of them :)

Ikonz101

Shin-NiL (OP)

• Shin-NiL's Personal Web Page (Brazilian Portuguese)
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 11:46:07 pm »
Unfortunately this version does not support spk (SecurePak) files. Even my linux version does not  :-[

I'll try to contact SX anyway.

JPWasko

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 11:56:13 pm »
Trying to get OpenBor working correctly.  I get this when I execute Openbor.dge.  I see the opening graphic, and then this shows up in the terminal and takes me back to the menu.

getSystedmRam
initSDL
packfile_mode
Paks
Saves
Logs
Screenshots
Segmentation fault

volcanic

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2009, 12:52:01 am »
Trying to get OpenBor working correctly.  I get this when I execute Openbor.dge.  I see the opening graphic, and then this shows up in the terminal and takes me back to the menu.

getSystedmRam
initSDL
packfile_mode
Paks
Saves
Logs
Screenshots
Segmentation fault
I think this has nothing to do with OpenBor.Are you sure you're using the latest kernel?

volcanic

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 01:04:10 am »
I believe this version is already well optimized!I run games good even at 300Mhz!!:)
I think the bottle neck is the RAM.
I played NightSlasherX on my PC yesterday and noticed the game required a lot of memory more than 32MB.
Doubt the possibility to play it on A320 even if it is pak version.But really really a fantastic game....

Ikonz101

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2009, 01:12:12 am »
Unfortunately this version does not support spk (SecurePak) files. Even my linux version does not  :-[

I'll try to contact SX anyway.

I believe NightStalkers X is the only game that uses the .spk format at the moment. It is a awesome game but does require a lot of RAM to play. Hopefully something comes of it but if not you are basically missing one game at the moment. Also I don't believe the Linux version was updated to the SecurePak edition but I could be wrong.

Ikonz101
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 01:16:51 am by Ikonz101 »

Shin-NiL (OP)

• Shin-NiL's Personal Web Page (Brazilian Portuguese)
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2009, 01:35:47 am »

getSystedmRam
initSDL
packfile_mode
Paks
Saves
Logs
Screenshots
Segmentation fault

Is there any pak file in the "Pak" directory or is it empty?
If is not empty, which pak file are you trying to run?

JPWasko

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2009, 01:40:03 am »
I have two .pak files in my directory - BOR.PAK and CASTLE.PAK

JPWasko

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2009, 01:41:10 am »
I guess this may be a good question.  I haven't updated Dingux since it was first released.  Would anyone recommend some kind of update?

Thanks for the help.  I'm just enough of a noob to get Dingux working, but haven't kept up with the scene.

bibininibibi

volcanic

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2009, 03:06:39 am »
Could you test this game out and see if it runs correctly: Ryuko No Ken Nekketsu (PC Version). If you like River City Ransom and Art of Fighting this is a must have mod. Its great and very well done. I hope it runs  ;D
I have tested it .It run well in speed.But needed abt 2 mins to load and the color was not correct with sprites.The bg was ok.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 12:33:39 am by volcanic »

volcanic

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2009, 03:13:05 am »
I guess this may be a good question.  I haven't updated Dingux since it was first released.  Would anyone recommend some kind of update?

Thanks for the help.  I'm just enough of a noob to get Dingux working, but haven't kept up with the scene.
You can download the latest kernel file roofs here
http://code.google.com/p/dingoo-linux/downloads/list

nsiraser

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2009, 05:26:52 am »
I got openbor to play on dingoo but can't get volume to be loud enough, I tested on castlevania and crisis evil, any help?

difuno

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2009, 06:15:25 am »
eule: I believe that NightStalkers X had problems on the Dreamcast as well. I believe there was a version somewhere that wasn't .spk but I could be mistake. The .spk is so people can't mod that particular game. Its sort of protection so people can't steal the work that has been done. I will look for the other version and see if I can find it.

Thanks
Ikonz101

Update: I believe all versions are .spk now. Even the PSP version is .spk and that one takes a while to load on the PSP. It is a huge game but if Shil-Nil can get it running it will be a blessing. Shil-Nil if you read this contact SX on OpenBor forums and he can give you advice on how to get the .spk paks to run. I hope to see NightStalkers X running on the a320 :)

eule: Could you test this game out and see if it runs correctly: Ryuko No Ken Nekketsu (PC Version). If you like River City Ransom and Art of Fighting this is a must have mod. Its great and very well done. I hope it runs  ;D

Ryuko No Ken Nekketsu, I have also tested both versions of this game (PC port and PSP port). Neither of them works.

Bouvrie

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2009, 06:51:49 am »
Wow, some GREAT work has been done to get this ported to the A320. It's pretty usable for a first release, thank you for yet another reason to have a Dingoo with Dingux! :)
Write/save problems? Segmentation faults? Black screens? Read the Troubleshooting and FAQ guide first to fix your issues! :)
SD Card readonly/corruption issues? Chkdisk /F and steer clear from DMenu: use GMenu instead!

Ikonz101

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2009, 01:28:20 pm »

Ryuko No Ken Nekketsu, I have also tested both versions of this game (PC port and PSP port). Neither of them works.
[/quote]

Ah man I hope Shin-Nil can look into this. Is OpenBor Dingoo using the lastest OpenBor build? I believe it is. Shin-Nil would you look and see why Ryuko No Ken Nekketsu (PC Version) is not running correctly on this build ;D It is one of the greatest mods on OpenBor!!!

Ikonz101