Author Topic: OpenBor Dingux Port  (Read 36304 times)

QBert

Re: OpenBor Dingux Port
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2010, 08:31:43 pm »
Where would I put this script Shin-Nil?

local/sbin/main

Please note the point of this script would be have an micro/miniSD card fully dedicated to openBOR, as it would automatically run on startup (ie: no dmenu or dinguxmb).

volcanic

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2010, 01:58:26 am »
Hello.Shin nil
I like OpenBor very much.It makes my dream come true.
But there is one big problem abt memory troubling me long ..
Because the memory use of Dingoo is tight.

I wrote like this:
-------------
load xx 1
spawn xx 1
-------------

And see the log

-------------
xx unloaded...
-------------

this should release the memory.
It worked on my PC(OS:windowsXP) but not Dingoo.
The memory use is always climbing up until it's out of memory...
Someone can teach me how to use this?

Shin Nil,is it something to do with OpenBor or something else?
Could you take a look into this?

Thanks a lot...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 02:21:17 am by volcanic »

Shin-NiL (OP)

• Shin-NiL's Personal Web Page (Brazilian Portuguese)
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2010, 02:28:33 am »
Hello.Shin nil
But there was one big problem abt memory troubling me long time..

I wrote like this:
-------------
load xx 1
spawn xx 1
-------------
And see the log
-------------
xx unloaded...
-------------
But it seemed the memory is not released....

Thanks a lot...

Hello again volcanic,

I'm not the best person to talk about the mod's scripts, since I never created any, but as far as I know the engine I believe that it frees the memory space as shown in the log.

You may not be noticing the difference due to a problem in the Dingoo version current code. Until the current version (v0.2.1), information about RAM contained in the file OpenBorLog.txt were not correct. I just changed the code and the next release will include this correction.

Anyway, I believe you can find more information and tips on creating mods on the official forum: http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?action=forum or on the wiki: http://www.caskeys.com/arc/games/openbor/wiki/index.php

See ya!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 02:31:58 am by Shin-NiL »

volcanic

« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2010, 05:28:07 am »
Hello.Shin nil
But there was one big problem abt memory troubling me long time..

I wrote like this:
-------------
load xx 1
spawn xx 1
-------------
And see the log
-------------
xx unloaded...
-------------
But it seemed the memory is not released....

Thanks a lot...

Hello again volcanic,

I'm not the best person to talk about the mod's scripts, since I never created any, but as far as I know the engine I believe that it frees the memory space as shown in the log.

You may not be noticing the difference due to a problem in the Dingoo version current code. Until the current version (v0.2.1), information about RAM contained in the file OpenBorLog.txt were not correct. I just changed the code and the next release will include this correction.

Anyway, I believe you can find more information and tips on creating mods on the official forum: http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?action=forum or on the wiki: http://www.caskeys.com/arc/games/openbor/wiki/index.php

See ya!

Thank you.

Ikonz101

« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2010, 04:29:57 pm »
Hello,

I tried to run the PC version pak "Saint Seiya Death and Rebirth" but only the PSP version works. Is it possible to run the PC version of the pak to play with 4 different characters?

Thanks

Most of the time which prevents the operation of some mods is the lack of free RAM. What you can try is to run OpenBOR directly, without the use of dmenu, since it consumes too much memory and does not seem to release it to run another application.
I did this by changing the script /usr/local/sbin/main as follows:

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
export SDL_NOMOUSE=1
export HOME=/usr/local/home
# cd /usr/local/dmenu/scripts/volset
# ./readvol
# /usr/local/sbin/brightness.set
#cd /usr/local/dmenu
#./dmenu
cd /usr/local/games/OpenBOR/
./OpenBOR.dge

I hope this helps.

I posted over at OpenBor forums about this as well. Crimbusters v2.5 loads up and runs very well. Only problem is that when I try to do a special attack it gives me a segmentation fault error and resets to the OpenBor menu. I am using the script you provided above. Other then that the game runs smoothly. So if you can look into this Shin-Nil and see what is causing it. I believe that it surpasses the memory required when doing a special attack but then again I could be very wrong.

Thanks
Ikonz101

Shin-NiL (OP)

« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2010, 12:55:57 pm »

I posted over at OpenBor forums about this as well. Crimbusters v2.5 loads up and runs very well. Only problem is that when I try to do a special attack it gives me a segmentation fault error and resets to the OpenBor menu. I am using the script you provided above. Other then that the game runs smoothly. So if you can look into this Shin-Nil and see what is causing it. I believe that it surpasses the memory required when doing a special attack but then again I could be very wrong.

Thanks
Ikonz101

Thank you for your report Ikonz101, I'll take a look at this as soon as possible  :)

Ikonz101

« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2010, 09:17:43 pm »
Your welcome Shin-Nil. Thank you for looking into this.

Ikonz101

Shin-NiL (OP)

« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2010, 04:03:56 pm »
Hello everybody, as some people must know the version of OpenBOR for Dingoo is now part of the official distribution. Thus all new  OpenBOR releases will contain the Dingux executable. Now all updates will be provided at www.lavalit.com (requires registration).

Here is a mirror of the lastest build (2639) for those who do not want to register: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2U0QXEA6

And here's a summary of recent changes:

OpenBOR 3.0 Build 2637
Platforms: Windows, Linux, Wii, Dingoo

Fixes:

* Plombo: Biker support is finally fixed! Now you can play more mods correctly on Wii and Dingoo, including the original Beats of Rage.
    * Plombo: Fix for loading mods from the data folder under Linux.
    * Shin-NiL: Added Dingoo specific function to detect correct amount of free RAM.

OpenBOR 3.0 Build 2639
Platforms: Wii, Dingoo

Fixes:

* Plombo: Fixed menu selection issue with the Classic Controller in the Wii port.
    * Plombo: Fixed oversensitivity when using the GameCube controller on Wii.
    * Plombo: Fixed my Dingoo toolchain; now you can really play mods like the original Beats of Rage correctly on Dingoo!

See ya  :D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 04:07:54 pm by Shin-NiL »

QBert

« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2010, 11:37:47 pm »
Thanks again Shin-NiL!

Chris23235

« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2010, 11:57:59 pm »
Hey, that's great news Shin-Nil, the Dingoo has now several "official" builds, this is a good sign I think.

laurent0977

« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2010, 12:08:48 am »
obrigado

Laurent

volcanic

« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2010, 03:58:42 am »
Hello everybody, as some people must know the version of OpenBOR for Dingoo is now part of the official distribution. Thus all new  OpenBOR releases will contain the Dingux executable. Now all updates will be provided at www.lavalit.com (requires registration).

Here is a mirror of the lastest build (2639) for those who do not want to register: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2U0QXEA6

And here's a summary of recent changes:

OpenBOR 3.0 Build 2637
Platforms: Windows, Linux, Wii, Dingoo

Fixes:

* Plombo: Biker support is finally fixed! Now you can play more mods correctly on Wii and Dingoo, including the original Beats of Rage.
    * Plombo: Fix for loading mods from the data folder under Linux.
    * Shin-NiL: Added Dingoo specific function to detect correct amount of free RAM.

OpenBOR 3.0 Build 2639
Platforms: Wii, Dingoo

Fixes:

* Plombo: Fixed menu selection issue with the Classic Controller in the Wii port.
    * Plombo: Fixed oversensitivity when using the GameCube controller on Wii.
    * Plombo: Fixed my Dingoo toolchain; now you can really play mods like the original Beats of Rage correctly on Dingoo!

See ya  :D
Thanks !But I have problem downloading from megaupload.Could you update this here?
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,40,237

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2010, 10:35:44 am »
Thanks, works wonderfully!
I can recommend Escape from Cartoon Hell, despite some slowdown in stage 3. Very funny and sick game.  :D

fuzzi23

« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2010, 06:31:05 pm »
At this point I also want to say thank you Shin-NiL for your work. I love these great mods for this engine. But one thing I miss. Is there a chance to build in a scroll function by holding the d-pad down. that would be nice.

Shin-NiL (OP)

« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2010, 01:22:12 pm »
Thanks !But I have problem downloading from megaupload.Could you update this here?
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,40,237

Sorry for the delay volcanic, but I can not upload the file right now. But you can find it at http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,4013.0.html

At this point I also want to say thank you Shin-NiL for your work. I love these great mods for this engine. But one thing I miss. Is there a chance to build in a scroll function by holding the d-pad down. that would be nice.

In which part of the application? Some menu in particular? Perhaps the mods selection screen  ???

fuzzi23

« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2010, 02:35:00 pm »
ah, I forgot to say. Yes, I mean the mods selection screen.

Post a new topic