Author Topic: New fheroes2 r3036 for OpenDingux 2012-06-16 (First end-user release)  (Read 4879 times)

sgtpep (OP)

More than a year ago virusmaster has published his build of fheroes2 for OpenDingux http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-releases/free-heroes2-engine-(v-0-1-r2693)-for-opendingux/. But it doesn't work or recent version of OpenDingux. Moreover, unfortunately, source of his build is not available for download. So it's time to make a new build.

You can download compiled game from OpenHandhelds File Archive http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,26,675.
UPDATE: I just found out that the version above was compiled without AI. I fixed this and submitted updated version to OpenHandhelds File Archive, but it's on moderation queue. You can download updated version from this mirror: https://sgtpep-archive.s3.amazonaws.com/Shared/fheroes2.zip

Here is the build script I used https://gist.github.com/sgtpep/5178368. Feel free to fork it and improve.

Known issues:
- music sounds laggy and slows down the game, so I turned it off
- compiled without localization support, since OpenDingux toolchain doesn't have required libraries and I haven't enough skills to workaround it

Log:
- 3/18/13: recompiled with AI support, sorry for missing this out on first build
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:36:32 pm by sgtpep »

Rosenkranz

Re: New fheroes2 r3036 for OpenDingux 2012-06-16 (First end-user release)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 02:44:39 am »
Thank you for this sgtpep!  ;D

If you want to know, this is the game why I even bought the Dingoo in the first place in 2010. :) Until this day I couldn't play this game satisfyingly. So I am really grateful that after this long time I am able to enjoy in fheroes2.

There is a new release of fheroes2 from 2013-03-03 but I couldn't find the source of the new build. I think there will be a release of the editor in few days, too. So I guess they are busy with it. I am not aware what are the differences between the releases.

P.S. I am not sure why are you disabling the music, because it works perfectly enabled in cfg with 408mhz Dingoo without glitches and stutter. I only set in settings pocketpc: low memory.

HercTNT

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 04:08:20 pm »

If you want to know, this is the game why I even bought the Dingoo in the first place in 2010. :) Until this day I couldn't play this game satisfyingly. So I am really grateful that after this long time I am able to enjoy in fheroes2.

There is a new release of fheroes2 from 2013-03-03 but I couldn't find the source of the new build. I think there will be a release of the editor in few days, too. So I guess they are busy with it. I am not aware what are the differences between the releases.

P.S. I am not sure why are you disabling the music, because it works perfectly enabled in cfg with 408mhz Dingoo without glitches and stutter. I only set in settings pocketpc: low memory.
Rosenkranz, the low memory setting for pocket pc, thats not pocket pc emulations correct? Thats actually in the "pocket pc options" section in the cfg right? If so, whats the proper syntax for adding the low memory flag? do i just type low memory underneath the header, or should it looks something like "pocketpc=low memory"
Thanks for your time, and thank you sgtpep for putting this together :)

Rosenkranz

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 06:11:28 pm »

Rosenkranz, the low memory setting for pocket pc, thats not pocket pc emulations correct? Thats actually in the "pocket pc options" section in the cfg right? If so, whats the proper syntax for adding the low memory flag? do i just type low memory underneath the header, or should it looks something like "pocketpc=low memory"
Thanks for your time, and thank you sgtpep for putting this together :)

It is in fheroes2 settings in the main menu at the bottom of the list (well next to the bottom to be more precise). I didn't find any change in the cfg file with turning this on or off. I think I should try to turn on pocketpc emulation and see are there any benefits.

samir

Thanks!! Finally, a fheroes 2 for OD!!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic