I have put the source of mplayer to https://code.google.com/p/dingux-code/
, the RMVB library is also attached. Note that the gtktoolchain for dingux is necessary if you want to compile mplayer youself, where you get get it from: http://dingux-code.googlecode.com/files/gtk-dingux-toolchain-2009_12_21.tar.bz2
The flickering subtitle/OSD under fbdev is an annoying problem, so subtitle function is disabled in the previous version. However, I found if the subtitle is put outside of the video part as the attached figure, it won't be flickering. So I release the quite beta version, the known bugs are:
1. The next subtitle will overlap the previous one because Mplayer won't erase the previous one automatically. (it should be fixed if we put a dummy subtitle...)
2. Still need IPU for video.
Unfortunately I am quite busy and don't have time to maintain it now. I will release the source at http://code.google.com/p/dingux-code/
as soon as possible, you're welcome to improve it.
How to use it?
1. Extract this package, copy /local/apps/, /local/home/, /local/sbin/ to the corresponding directories in your SD card (Please backup old files first).
2. Check your /local/sbin/main, make sure it includes the following statement:
3. If you used dmenu, add the startup entry like:
Icon = "res/media/mplayer.png"
Name = "Mplayer_sub"
Executable = "./mplayer -really-quiet -vo fbdev -vf scale=320:200,expand=:-20::2"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/apps/mplayer"
Selector = yes
4. In the /home/.mplayer/, I wrote an example config file, you can define your local code page free. (refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page
5. I also put the subfont.ttf file in the /home/.mplayer, you may want to put your own. Don't forget to change its name to subfont.ttf or it's necessary to point it in the config file.
6. If you want to disable the flickering cursor of terminal, add this statement in /local/sbin/main:
echo -e '\033[?25l'
7. Now enjoy the subtitle-enabled mplayer, use the start
button to disable/enable the subtitle!