Author Topic: MIDPath 4 Dingoo v0.2  (Read 11927 times)

rookie1

MIDPath 4 Dingoo v0.2
« on: May 04, 2010, 01:20:48 pm »
In case there is any interest, I have released MIDPath 4 Dingoo v0.2. It can be downloaded from

http://code.google.com/p/midpath4dingoo/downloads/list

No other change compared to v0.1 besides the sound which is now enabled.

zear

Re: MIDPath 4 Dingoo v0.2
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 01:31:13 pm »
That's a great update!

BTW you think you could add support for networking for apps like Opera Mini?

rookie1

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 04:09:27 pm »
Is there any practical use for networking? You still need to connect to your pc via usb to have network access. Then isn't it more practical to just run a browser on your pc?

zear

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 04:43:55 pm »
Is there any practical use for networking? You still need to connect to your pc via usb to have network access. Then isn't it more practical to just run a browser on your pc?
It could be used to read html files (docs/ebooks, etc) that are stored on localhost. But yeah, I just want to use it as a web browser via usb networking.

Btw, I think there's a bug in the custom key remapping. When I set the game to run in 240x320 mode and properly modify the key binding, that is: up>left, down>right, left>down, right>up, they're all somehow mirrored. That is up works as right, down as left and so on. It's like label for the LEFT key actually maps the RIGHT key, etc.

I also think that mapping "Softbutton1" to SELECT and "Softbutton2" to START would be better than the current Y and X.
And a way to quit MIDPath without a need to select quit in the game's menu would be very useful as well.

I hope what I ask for is not too much :) I really appreciate your work on this interpreter.

Azm0deus

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 09:05:17 pm »
great work. thanks rookie. I noticed some problems with mapping too. I didn't report them because I couldn't explain like zear did. My english isn't that good.... you know... but MIDPath along with darfgarf's nupdf are two of the most useful apps for dingux, in my opinion. I would love to help you if I had the skills. + karma

hi-ban

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 10:58:07 pm »
+1 for mapping "Softbutton1" to SELECT and "Softbutton2" to START.

rookie1

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 02:34:18 pm »
Btw, I think there's a bug in the custom key remapping. When I set the game to run in 240x320 mode and properly modify the key binding, that is: up>left, down>right, left>down, right>up, they're all somehow mirrored. That is up works as right, down as left and so on. It's like label for the LEFT key actually maps the RIGHT key, etc.
Probably it's a misunderstanding of the key mapping. In the settings screen, if you select 'LEFT' to map to 'PhonePad UP', basically it means when you press left on your Dingoo, the game sees UP. Is this how you mapped your keys?

I also think that mapping "Softbutton1" to SELECT and "Softbutton2" to START would be better than the current Y and X.
You can modify this mapping for individual games in the settings screen. The default mapping is stored in midpath/configuration/com/sun/midp/configuration/configuration.cfg. You can modify it manually if you want.

zear

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 04:53:41 pm »
Probably it's a misunderstanding of the key mapping. In the settings screen, if you select 'LEFT' to map to 'PhonePad UP', basically it means when you press left on your Dingoo, the game sees UP. Is this how you mapped your keys?
Oh, you're right. I totally misunderstood it at first. Somehow I interpreted the "PhonePad UP" to be D-PAD UP. I set it all correctly now and it works fine. Sorry for the false alarm.
You can modify this mapping for individual games in the settings screen. The default mapping is stored in midpath/configuration/com/sun/midp/configuration/configuration.cfg. You can modify it manually if you want.
Ah, that should be what I was looking for. Thanks.

BTW, there's yet another button that can be used on the dingoo - the power slide. SDL sees it as SDLK_PAUSE in the newer kernels. I think having an additional button might be helpful in some games.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 04:56:55 pm by zear »

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 01:13:53 am »
OMFG YES

rookie1, I was gonna contact you about this project, begging you to update it, because I use MIDPath every single day, it's my favourite Dingux project. And I get on Dingoonity and see there's a new version available. THANK YOU!

Me loves you very much. Now, off to play PEGGLE!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 01:24:01 am by xdpirate »

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 02:04:36 am »
Might aswell use this opportunity to throw in a couple of request for a possible next version:

* Exit to the Midlet Manager when exiting from an app
* Volume control

Thanks for your work on this amazing port!

marc1977

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 12:33:03 pm »
Hey pal:

How can I put midpath on the Dingux G2x menu since it hasn't   a .dge launcher? Sorry about mu english...

zear

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 12:37:31 pm »
Hey pal:

How can I put midpath on the Dingux G2x menu since it hasn't   a .dge launcher? Sorry about mu english...
Do it by manually adding the ./bin/suite-manager.sh

marc1977

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 02:22:44 pm »
Do it by manually adding the ./bin/suite-manager.sh[/quote]

I Did it, but it jumps me off... I will try agains... I will tell you...[quote author=zear link=topic=1513.msg14421#msg14421
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 02:24:55 pm by marc1977 »

Reo

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 09:21:08 pm »
Make sure it's in the local folder, and not in a subfolder. If you want it to be, you have to edit the .sh script.

Nice emulator. It runs Peggle very smoothly when the clockspeed is set to 400mhz. I don't have any other games, because it's hard to find good ones.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 02:30:19 am by Reo »

vlad

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 01:43:21 pm »
This is pure awesomeness
+karma

Do you think you can make it support the nice little 3d games ? like the ones d.chocolate makes. the java versions . they don't seem to run on the current version.it just freezes.

kswildside

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 07:59:45 pm »
Now all we need is a good Flash and Shockwave Player I think Air will be out but who knows

Holymonkey

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 07:25:29 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm currently a Gp2x owner and am looking forward to woning a Dingoo as well soon!  I love "open" devices.  I recently descovred that I can  can easily create games with Multimedia Fusion 2 (developer version) as j2me apps that run well on Gp2x using phoneME.

I'm hopig to be able to do the same with the Dingoo tanks to Midpath! :)

If I post a test .jar, would someoe be willing to see if it funs and if so, how well for me?

Also, There's currently an annoying and very limiting heap usage cap of 5 megabytes on PhoneME for Gp2x... Is there a similar limit with the current version of MidPath, or can I make nice big games that use more of the Dingoo's ram?  If there's a current limit like this, could it be easily changed to support the Dingoo's nice big ram space?

thanks,

Holymonkey

zear

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 08:34:37 pm »
If I post a test .jar, would someoe be willing to see if it funs and if so, how well for me?
Me and I bet a lot of other people ;)

Holymonkey

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 09:38:57 pm »
excellent. I'll try and post up some ugly test .jars in the next couple of days. :)
Anyone know about the heap limit?  Theres a click convention for MMF users soon...If I can put together a demonstration to show that they can make games for Dingoo, it will hopefully get a lot of new people buying Dingoos and making new original games for them! (including myself)

thanks,
Holymonkey

Holymonkey

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 08:49:17 pm »
Hi everyone,
I've finally hacked together a quick test .JAR file to see how well, (if at all) the j2me games I make using Multimedia Fusion will run on the Dingoo!

those interested and willing, please download www.holymonkeystudio.com/temp/test_jar.zip and give it a try.

please keep in mind this is purely a test and theres no real gameplay or good art yet. ;)  This will come later once I game what I can get away with as far as object count, heap usage and so forth.

thanks much,

Holymonkey

Post a new topic
Post a new topic