Author Topic: Kernel by SiENcE (updated boukichi's kernel) + Tvout + RTC + Swap + PowerOff  (Read 68126 times)

eule

Oh cool, anyone tested uli?s gmenu2x yet? I?ll try anyways.  ;D

wy_scorpio

thanks SiENcE!great work
is the kernel of 20100704 only aim at A330? my A320 can use this kernel?

SiENcE (OP)

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
All kernels for all LCD-Types for a320 and a330 are included in this pack.

ruffnutts

@ SiENcE is your new Kernel release one kernel for both systems 32/64 - does it detect what ram version to run?
Hope that was a clear question lol

nutts  ;)

No, there's the 9331 64MB one, and the two 9325/9331 32MB ones.

I too wish there was just a single combined one that would autodetect and use the right stuff. :( That way I could use the same card between my A330 and A320.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:03:19 pm by Jesse »

Krehy

I have some questions regarding this kernel:

1. It doesn't work for me when the card is formatted with block size of 4kb (dingux freezes on startup screen). I'm using 16GB SD card. Is important to format the card with 4kb block size?

2. When i'm using this kernel (SD card with default format options), opentyrian won't run - it puts me back to gmenu when I try to start it. Does anybody know what to do?

ruffnutts

I too wish there was just a single combined one that would autodetect and use the right stuff. :( That way I could use the same card between my A330 and A320.

Just what I need to do as well :-)

SiENcE (OP)

1. It doesn't work for me when the card is formatted with block size of 4kb (dingux freezes on startup screen). I'm using 16GB SD card. Is important to format the card with 4kb block size?

2. When i'm using this kernel (SD card with default format options), opentyrian won't run - it puts me back to gmenu when I try to start it. Does anybody know what to do?

1. work for me but i don't know the sector size.

2. turn on "output log" in gmenu2x settings->gmenu2x (options). start opentyrian and go to gmenu2x->settings. there is now a log file. look into it. you will see that opentyrian tries to open a mouse. Start my "virtual mouse" or set no_mouse option in sbin/main script. Then disable the log output in settings->gmenu2x (options).

start opentyrian. it works.

i think it's a bug in opentyrian, because it don't really needs a mouse.

difuno

Just what I need to do as well :-)

Me too :)

It would be extemely great (at least for people like me) if 9325, 9331 and A330 share the same zImage file.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 09:35:47 am by difuno »

santino

You couldnt use the 64mb kernel with the 320 anyway.

Krehy

1. work for me but i don't know the sector size.

2. turn on "output log" in gmenu2x settings->gmenu2x (options). start opentyrian and go to gmenu2x->settings. there is now a log file. look into it. you will see that opentyrian tries to open a mouse. Start my "virtual mouse" or set no_mouse option in sbin/main script. Then disable the log output in settings->gmenu2x (options).

start opentyrian. it works.

i think it's a bug in opentyrian, because it don't really needs a mouse.

Thanks a lot. With virtual mouse it works.

Solstice

Thanks SiENcE and everyone else involved so great!!!

Is there any way to turn off the dingoo speakers while running tv out in dingux?? that would be another great feature
Dingoo A320 stock 1.2 + Gmenu

PSP slim 2002 Gen 5.50 D3 Prom4

x_berzerker

I tested mplayer without ipu once with another kernel, and it worked. now i'm using this kernel and i'm trying mplayer but it doesn't work anymore.
just the first picture appears and only the sound plays.
i'm using science last kernel with uli gmenu2x.
dreaming on mplayer + overclock + tvout (since native tvout doesn't supports overclock).
somebody help!

potiron

Hi there

i got no luck with all thoses kernels (32mb one is working)

got an A330 and SIENcE 64mb kernel ou even Stephanie's swap one doesnt work,i'm still freezing at the splash screen

any idea?

ps: using an 4gb brand new sdhc card and have of course tested the zImage write first trick

EDIT: i found how to make it working

i used Stephanie dualboot

thanks!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 06:24:22 pm by potiron »

Pixman

I read this thread now and I'm looking for a way to usetvout in dingux.

As I've read, there's this tool here http://github.com/uli/dingoo-tvout/downloads

But where to insert / overwrite it? Is gp2xmenu in the rootfs and I can just mount it to a directory or something like that?

I'd really appreciate, if someone could help me on thiis
I'm a bit confused. There's also written somewhere, that the tv-tool doesn't work with gp2xmenu atm but on the link I've posted, as said, is an updated gp2xmenu.

Any help highly appreciated. :)

Siloucos

I read this thread now and I'm looking for a way to usetvout in dingux.

As I've read, there's this tool here http://github.com/uli/dingoo-tvout/downloads

But where to insert / overwrite it? Is gp2xmenu in the rootfs and I can just mount it to a directory or something like that?

I'd really appreciate, if someone could help me on thiis
I'm a bit confused. There's also written somewhere, that the tv-tool doesn't work with gp2xmenu atm but on the link I've posted, as said, is an updated gp2xmenu.

Any help highly appreciated. :)

Did you try follow these instructions? -> http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-development/overclock-with-tvout-tutorial/

Pixman

Thank you for the hint, I'll try it out as soon as I can, I think this should work, wasn't aware of the howto there.

Greets,
Michael

Cycron

So is there a way to have a clock in gmenu2x now?

sorry if this is a really noobish question   :P
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:40:31 am by Cycron »

xdpirate

Not if you don't modify it yourself, or someone else bothers to :)

SiENcE (OP)

Please create another thread. Here we talk about the kernel. Not gmenu2x.

Post a new topic