Author Topic: Kernel by SiENcE (updated boukichi's kernel) + Tvout + RTC + Swap + PowerOff  (Read 69951 times)

Meneer Jansen

@ Meneer Jansen

I dont know where the limitation of 16bpp is written. If it is the Tvout or whatever, but I think it can be fixed in dingux. But there is no real progress at mplayer. Thats really bad, because it can be better than the native one, now dingux has even Tvout.
The 16 bpp thing is why I'm so interested in Dinux/TV out/mplayer. Some say the TV chip that's used in the Dingoo is capable of full colour (i.e. 24- or 32 bpp). Keeping my fingers crossed. :)
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

SiENcE (OP)

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
Aha. Where do you feal it's faster ?

Has anyone done a real test?

I don't think so. Maybe only Bootime...but than go for unstability.

All kernels, other than opendingux, have the same base Booboo's (iggarpe) kernel. And i don't wanna talk here about a Kernel where no Developer is here in the forum and can answer us questions.

He don't know english, but I can translate for both sides, just ask.
edit: He knows english(I think so). http://menelkir.itroll.org/

PS: Just for fun(or flame), here is a thing he said about Snes9x4D:
I noticed, from all snes emulators, Snes9X4D is all the way bad, I think they changed so much thing in the code. For example, there some games who run well in previous Snes9x, but not in Snes9x4D(because this I did put 2 versions of snes9x in the localbr).

Ps2: Keep cool. I don't like him(I dislike freetards like him), but don't need go freaky because this.

I said this not directly to menelkir, but to  wy_scorpio statement.

And about the statement: People talk all the way long the whole day and very often they say nonsense. ;-)

the_gama

Hi, SiENcE thanks for your work on this.  Just wanted to share some info, if i remember correctly the mmcqd process is the responsible for hickups during gameplay in several dingux apps and emus, maybe you would like to take a look at this: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg08732.html.  I don?t really know about the Davinci linux project and if those changes can be made in the dingux kernel, but it seems disabling and changing some stuff in the mmcqd code can help to reduce CPU usage.

With all the recent kernel updates I thought you would be interested in this.

wy_scorpio

i have test the two kernel by play the game "yeti3D".
i feel a bit faster on Menelkir's Kernel than boukichi's.
so who can test the two kernel and feel which is faster.......

thanks,a little advise... ;)

yeti3D download link:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-releases/yeti3d-game-engine/
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 12:40:08 pm by wy_scorpio »

SiENcE (OP)

I don't keep much on feelings ;-).

Please test by displaying the FPS or take a look at CPU Time using "top" via telnet.

SiENcE (OP)

Hi, SiENcE thanks for your work on this.  Just wanted to share some info, if i remember correctly the mmcqd process is the responsible for hickups during gameplay in several dingux apps and emus, maybe you would like to take a look at this: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg08732.html.  I don?t really know about the Davinci linux project and if those changes can be made in the dingux kernel, but it seems disabling and changing some stuff in the mmcqd code can help to reduce CPU usage.

With all the recent kernel updates I thought you would be interested in this.

Thanks for info. I take a look into it.

wy_scorpio

but how to use "100619_9325_ILI9325.config"
thanks

ruffnutts

thanks

Just goner ask the same question lol - where does this go?

Stephanie

thanks

You don't need to do anything with the .config files. They are there incase you wanted to recompile the kernel yourself, the config file lets you see what settings were used to compile the kernel so you can reproduce it. But for normal use, you can ignore the config files completely.

Cheers!

SiENcE (OP)

i have test the two kernel by play the game "yeti3D".
i feel a bit faster on Menelkir's Kernel than boukichi's.
so who can test the two kernel and feel which is faster.......

thanks,a little advise... ;)

yeti3D download link:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-releases/yeti3d-game-engine/

I just want to show you a not-by-feel-test...i made a screenshot of the memory consumption of Menelkir's Kernel and my Kernel.

My SiENcE Kernel:

Menelkir's Kernel:

top output was made directly after boot. gmenu2x running.

My has 2996kb of free mem, the other 1040kb of free mem (also my kernel has a thread more, due to the uinput interface).

Chris23235

Thanks, I tried your Kernel, I had Menelkir's Kernel on my card before, cause I used the swap function and the first thing that I noticed, after I tried your kernel with a 64 MB swap file was, that I had the feeling, your Kernel decreases loading times in fba.

I made a quick loading time benchmark, did it twice, to be sure, cause the results seemed unrealistic at first.

DoDonpachi fba Menelkir's Kernel 2:46
DoDonpachi fba SiENcE's Kernel 0:50

I think I know, which kernel I will use ;-)

SiENcE (OP)

Ah. Nice to know.

I think we really need a Testcase for Kernels!

Maybe first a Wikipage?

rutjoni

hello, you have to do to work? zimage edited and dingux screen is locked, you have to do? thank you very much

Chris23235

hello, you have to do to work? zimage edited and dingux screen is locked, you have to do? thank you very much

Always copy the first the zimage and rootfs file on your card and then in a second row the local pack, this should do the trick.

Kaolla

Great work!
Any chance you can post the link to the kernel here? As blogspot is blocked in china and finding proxy etc is a bit of a hassle >.<

SiENcE (OP)

Always copy the first the zimage and rootfs file on your card and then in a second row the local pack, this should do the trick.

"zImage" not zimage.

Also this must be an SD-Card issue. I exchange only the zImage to my SD-Card. No problem here.

Great work!
Any chance you can post the link to the kernel here? As blogspot is blocked in china and finding proxy etc is a bit of a hassle >.<

SiENcE downloads
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:57:00 pm by SiENcE »

remax

"zImage" not zimage.

Also this must be an SD-Card issue. I exchange only the zImage to my SD-Card. No problem here.

There is a problem with large SD cards (16Mb for example) which freeze if the zImage is not on the beginning of the card (so you must copy it on a virgin card to make it works).

Kaolla

Great work!

dingux_kernel_100619

Thanks! Fast response too :P

Chris23235

"zImage" not zimage.

Just tried it, makes no difference, if the file is called zimage or zImage, both boot fine.

eule

Just installed it and works fine, thx! Can confirm that the swap is somehow faster...
Has this Kernel 4-bit SD access?  ;D

Post a new topic