Author Topic: Kernel by SiENcE (updated boukichi's kernel) + Tvout + RTC + Swap + PowerOff  (Read 70071 times)

jonezy1984

Re: Kernel by SiENcE (updated boukichi's kernel) + Tvout + RTC + Swap + PowerOff
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2010, 12:09:01 pm »
thx sience  ;)
it's finally making sence now.

keep up the good work, i am really looking forward to your future projects/developments...

samir

Hello! I read a little on this great forum, and I like to use the TV-Out Dingux. My question is what is needed to work? Only install this kernel and I can use the TV-Out? And how do I install? only for copying and renaming zimage replacing that I have? (I have local pack0.35). Help please and thank you for the excellent work!

Domian

you also need the TV out tool and create links for enabling and disabling it in gmenu2x
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-development/overclock-with-tvout-tutorial/
just don't make the speed thing, just make the link with "--pal" or "--ntsc"
works for me.

samir

Thanks Domian, now works!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 03:15:55 am by samir »

limnique

Can anyone add to this kernel PSFreedom code?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y8MPAM86 source in kernel-patch folder

Brodiaga

• Tout pour la Dingoo A320 - Le retrogaming entre vos mains
Re: Kernel by SiENcE (updated boukichi's kernel) + Tvout + RTC + Swap + PowerOff
« Reply #125 on: December 25, 2010, 03:24:35 pm »
Hi all and Happy Christmass!
Thanks SiENcE for your kernel I use it when you have release but now I have a question:
How its possible patch this kernel and put the psfreedom 1.5?

Sorry for my english  :-[

Thanks

SiENcE (OP)

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
« Reply #126 on: December 25, 2010, 04:14:54 pm »
i dont add it. But of couse someone can do it.

I added a descr. to my kernel how to build it.

Happy Christmas to all Dingoonity People!

adrianomm

« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2010, 04:09:03 am »
I tested the kernel and everything works.

Except my NDIS device (windows 7), it's no recognizing anymore. Test on my old kernel (Menelkir) and it works. On this kernel I cannot connect to FTP. Windows gives me an error "device could not be started"

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix that? I really want to test TVOUT function on Dingux, but without FTP support is very difficult to upload files, as I have to switch to dingoo native firmware everytime...

radon86

Could you update the kernel and add ILI9338 support? Booboo had already release (dingux_system_20091022_plus_ILI9338.zip) ILI9338 driver and opendingux kernel too. Thank you.

Pingouin

*EDIT* Nevermind, I figured it out myself.
What noone mentioned is that the mkswap script does NOT create the swap file for you, so you have to create an empty 32MB file yourself and copy it to whichever location you point to with the scripts.

To create an empty 32MB file, use this command in a DOS prompt window:
fsutil file createnew .swap 33554432
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 09:04:46 pm by Pingouin »

CREATICA

« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2011, 10:40:19 am »
Thanks man. I've tested the kernel and it's awesome. Full speed with Picodrive and Snes4d. Dingoo has reached the perfection, this is a new whole level. I guess the increasing memory tool does a lot about it.

One thing, OD includes this kernel?

zear

« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2011, 11:32:28 am »
One thing, OD includes this kernel?
No, OD is a whole new linux port from scratch. Although it reimplements all the features of legacy dingux from the time of SiENcE's kernel.

CREATICA

« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2011, 02:53:16 pm »
Ok, thanks for the aclaration Zear.