• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Help: Super Mario War (April Fools Edition) and it's own swap-file?  (Read 1926 times)

Tabaluga_FX (OP)

I'm using the latest update of super mario war (SMW) from zear [link] with the latest update of the minimal local pack from qbertaddict [link].

After I played SMW for the first time I recognized that SMW created it's own swap-file, but there is the "minimal local pack swap-file" present, too.

So here's my question: Need SMW it's own swap-file to works correctly, or is this a bug? Can I delete the swap-file which SMW created and edit the settings ... perhaps to set the location of the "minimal local pack swap-file" so SMW use this one instead? Or is there another solution possible?

best regards

zear

Re: Help: Super Mario War (April Fools Edition) and it's own swap-file?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 12:47:39 pm »
SMW just needs more ram than the default, so any swap you activate will be fine with it. If it creates it's own swap file it means zLoud (i think that was him who wrote smw swap script) made it check for a specific location of the swap file, and if it's not there, to recreate it. You can edit the script and either change the swap file location to point to the one from minimal pack, or alter the script to launch smw binary directly without swap check.

Post a new topic