Author Topic: gpSP 2011-09-11 for OpenDingux  (Read 12678 times)

pcercuei (OP)

• My devblog
gpSP 2011-09-11 for OpenDingux
« on: September 11, 2011, 05:04:34 pm »
NOTE: this version is outdated, grab the latest gpSP version here.

Hi there,

Here is a new version of gpSP for OpenDingux.

What's new:
- support for double buffering
- the saves are now on local/home/.gpsp (which means that you can put the ROMs on the NAND)
- a new fullscreen scaler has been added
- increased sound quality

Download here.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:08:03 pm by Ayla »

Megacubo

Re: gpSP 2011-09-11 for OpenDingux
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 09:22:15 pm »
Thanks is good to see more and more emulators for opendingux flavor ;D

K-77

• * Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 07:56:33 am »
Yes that's is simply awesome, Absolutely new quality of GBA emulation on Dingoo :)
And it's running Metal Slug Advance!
Upscaler rulez!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:15:27 am by kowkar77 »

otoinsa

• Mental Shit Box
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 07:20:58 pm »
I can't get it to run in Open Dingux. It says 'launching gpsp' on the screen for a moment, but right after that it just goes back to Gmenu.

I'm quite excited about this new release, can't wait to see the improvements :)

electrozone

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 07:30:43 pm »
I can't get it to run in Open Dingux. It says 'launching gpsp' on the screen for a moment, but right after that it just goes back to Gmenu.

I'm quite excited about this new release, can't wait to see the improvements :)

Did you put the gba bios in the gpsp folder?
The following statement is true: The first statement is false.

electrozone

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 07:41:24 pm »
Anyway...i have a problem too. I dont know how to use the browser :o Do i have to turn on the browser in the gpsp menu link? Because if i do that i can't use the nand( i just cant find folder media/ccnandb...If i start the emulator normally it seems that the default browser just doesnt work...cant go up to other directory.

PS; yep...i'am a big NOOB

virusmater

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 09:32:27 pm »
in metal slug advance if i push any buttons when screen "Mission 1 start" appears => dingoo freezes on a few seconds whid buzzzzz noize
filtering screen doesn't affect to anything (i compare two screenshoots ;D)
status display - what is it? i don't see any framerate, etc on display after enable this feature
if I turn off or set frameskip to manual => dingoo freezes
configure input doesn't work at all and we don't need "Configure analog input" section and we don't have circle, cross, square or triangle on dingoo :-)
ps: thanks for your work, people like you makes dingoo best handheld system ever
http://dingoowiki.com - let's fill it!

pcercuei (OP)

• My devblog
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 09:59:13 pm »
Anyway...i have a problem too. I dont know how to use the browser :o Do i have to turn on the browser in the gpsp menu link? Because if i do that i can't use the nand( i just cant find folder media/ccnandb...If i start the emulator normally it seems that the default browser just doesnt work...cant go up to other directory.

When you press A on "Selector Directory", it should be already on "/media", and you should be able to see two directories, "mmcblk0p1" (or "mmcblk0"), and "ccnandb1" (or "ccnandb"). The first directory mirrors the root of your SD card, and the second mirrors the root of the NAND.

@virusmaster: I did not change the GUI, it was already like that on the previous version that BouKiChi ported.

virusmater

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 10:08:36 pm »
2 Ayla: i just send.. hmm.. bugreport?) thank for porting  ;)
http://dingoowiki.com - let's fill it!

electrozone

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 03:33:07 pm »

When you press A on "Selector Directory", it should be already on "/media", and you should be able to see two directories, "mmcblk0p1" (or "mmcblk0"), and "ccnandb1" (or "ccnandb"). The first directory mirrors the root of your SD card, and the second mirrors the root of the NAND.

@virusmaster: I did not change the GUI, it was already like that on the previous version that BouKiChi ported.

no there is just one directory and it's name is mmcblk0p1...Maybe ive done something wrong installing OD.I just kept the local directory and changed the rootfs and the kernel. Is there something else that i have to do to be able to acces nand?

Pingouin

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 04:02:28 pm »
I took a chance and tried the previous release in Dingux, not OD, and sure enough it wasn't compatible (worth trying!).
I assume it goes the same for this update.
So, any chance to have the fixes/changes merged with the Dingux build and issue a Dingux update please?

dawnmew

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 06:03:58 pm »
I can't seem to get this working... when I start gpSP, I get the pink file/folder select thing. It says it's pointed to /usr/local/home/.gpsp, which is where I put a ROM, but there are no files showing. Pressing any button (besides A and R, which do nothing) takes me into the menu, which I can't seem to exit, so I have no way to leave this folder and explore the rest of the FS. What the heck?

pcercuei (OP)

• My devblog
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 06:12:06 pm »
NOTE: this version is outdated, grab the latest gpSP version here.

The built-in browser has been removed, you have to use gmenu2x's file selector instead.