Author Topic: gmenu2x for dingux !  (Read 118523 times)

modis

Re: gmenu2x for dingux !
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2010, 04:44:39 pm »
I agree that this is one of the best updates ever for Dingux! Great work to you joyrider and the original author.

One change I'd like to see is the option to change what button is yes and what button is no. B as Yes and X as No is extremely counter-intuitive for me at least. A yes / B no or vice versa would be preferable.

darfgarf

« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2010, 07:25:13 pm »
I agree that this is one of the best updates ever for Dingux! Great work to you joyrider and the original author.

One change I'd like to see is the option to change what button is yes and what button is no. B as Yes and X as No is extremely counter-intuitive for me at least. A yes / B no or vice versa would be preferable.

it's just changin gthe config file, and renaming a few button images helps aswell

if people want i'll upload what i've edited mine to, it's much much nicer

DarkShadow-SwE

« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2010, 09:08:11 pm »
OMG !! , im going crazy , stupid config file , the "input.conf" is killing my a** , anyone care to help me config it so that :

Dingoo button : action

A : launch/accept
B : cancel
X : "help/button layout menu"
Y : "manual menu"

darfgarf

« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2010, 09:20:18 pm »
 ;D  it took me a while to sort it, i'll upload my config/etc in a second

fuzzi23

« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2010, 09:26:34 pm »
New problems. I would make the reboot and shutdown function working. Only now I read what joyrider says about the notepad2. Shame on me. So I made it with notepad2, but the same result. Neither the main nor the shutdown/reboot will work. Must I do any settings on the notepad before I save that thing, or suffices when I do only copy and paste the text. And another, is there any way to get the function at the main menu?

When I attach the .dge extension to the games, apps and so on, the scanning feature recognizes them, but then the games don't want run with the dmenu. What can I do?

Last question: Is there an system sound planned for the gmenu?

darfgarf

« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2010, 09:30:23 pm »
if you rename the executable, dmenu obviously won't work as you need to edit the config file to reflect that, or just don't add the dge extension, and manually add links to each game yourself

if you mean volume controls then they're in the works, if you mean silly selecty sounds every time you do anything, probably not, horrible things  ;D

here's my input config, should work if you read the readme
http://www.surreyspringers.co.uk/gmenu2x_config.zip

DarkShadow-SwE

« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2010, 09:40:14 pm »
New problems. I would make the reboot and shutdown function working. Only now I read what joyrider says about the notepad2. Shame on me. So I made it with notepad2, but the same result. Neither the main nor the shutdown/reboot will work. Must I do any settings on the notepad before I save that thing, or suffices when I do only copy and paste the text. And another, is there any way to get the function at the main menu?

When I attach the .dge extension to the games, apps and so on, the scanning feature recognizes them, but then the games don't want run with the dmenu. What can I do?

Last question: Is there an system sound planned for the gmenu?

Ehh ? , my shutdown and reboot worked as i just copied the files from the first post by joyrider ?

Where do i get the powerof, reboot and main scripts ?

if you rename the executable, dmenu obviously won't work as you need to edit the config file to reflect that, or just don't add the dge extension, and manually add links to each game yourself

if you mean volume controls then they're in the works, if you mean silly selecty sounds every time you do anything, probably not, horrible things  ;D

here's my input config, should work if you read the readme
http://www.surreyspringers.co.uk/gmenu2x_config.zip

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVELY , can you just tell me what lines to edit to change places of the X and Y button ? , :)

darfgarf

« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2010, 10:08:59 pm »

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVELY , can you just tell me what lines to edit to change places of the X and Y button ? , :)

as it's gp2x controls, you have to swap y and a to swap the x and y bindings (it's confusing isn't it) and if you want the correct button image to show up in the menu, rename them correctly aswell (just don't forget where it has teh binding for the a button, that's actually where y is on the dingoo  http://www.gpnewbie.com/gp2x/guides/basics1.png)

fuzzi23

« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2010, 11:18:34 pm »
Yess darfgarf, I mean that little stupid sounds by clicking around that everybody needs. ;D I love that shit.

or just don't add the dge extension, and manually add links to each game yourself

OK, but I thought it is sooo much more easy with the new scanning feature. But in the end, it is much more work to add all apps by hand + rename with the dpad and dingoo buttons. That can I do faster by editing the cfg. No offense, the menu by itself is great.

QBert

« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2010, 12:03:29 am »
I've only just had the time to play around with this, and I'm pretty impressed so far.

Thank you Joyrider! (and Massimiliano Torromeo) ;)

kyonshi

« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2010, 02:51:43 am »
diggin the menu. Thanks for porting this Joyrider.

That said, I think we need a new version of snes9x now since this isn't compatible with the file browser. I tried to load up dmenu and it works but when I try to launch a snes rom it crashes me back out to gmenu. Also, the bigger FBA games crash after a while when running from gmenu for me. Probably a little more resource heavy than dmenu.

conso

« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2010, 03:52:44 am »
why did you use dmenu for this?

In gmenu2x, go to the snes-link. hit select and then choose "edit link"
go down to "select directory" and choose your snes-rom directory.
go down to "selector browser" and choose "on"

hit start to apply.

Then you can use snes9x directly from gmenu2x

At joyrider: please, update the included readme for the next release.
Also, I got most of the menu localized, but that's not possible with the settings-tab. Would be nice if that can be handled.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 04:02:27 am by conso »

Seriousfeet

« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2010, 05:55:44 am »
Heres my video of it
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9sKw75OLpc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9sKw75OLpc</a>

kyonshi

« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2010, 07:07:10 am »
why did you use dmenu for this?

In gmenu2x, go to the snes-link. hit select and then choose "edit link"
go down to "select directory" and choose your snes-rom directory.
go down to "selector browser" and choose "on"

hit start to apply.

Then you can use snes9x directly from gmenu2x

Because I'm dumb apparently.  ???

Thanks for the help though! I'm still having a problem with larger FBA roms crashing though even using cache files. I'll keep playing around with it.

hood

« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2010, 10:50:56 am »
- plz remap B key to A key and X key to B key. i think this's must be logically right.
- and add into Explorer function to ran apllication not only for file extensison (*.dge) coz many emulators dosn't have it by default.
- doesn't remember language interface setting
- plz add power off function
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:16:57 am by hood »

santino

« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2010, 10:51:40 am »
@fuzzi

You can edit the files on your pc, too. Just add all links on dingoo and then go to /local/gmenu2x/sections/games there you will find the files to edit. Its a bit faster on pc. But I think the onscreenkeyboard is a very nice feature. :)

zear

« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2010, 11:42:57 am »
- and add into Explorer function to ran apllication not only for file extensison (*.dge) coz many emulators dosn't have it by default.
And how the hell would he do that?
Fat32 does not support chmods, so there's no way he could distinguish executables from other files if not by the extension.
Well.. it could still check every file with "file [file]" command, but that would take ages.
So we have two ways of doing this, either we all switch to ext2 filesystem, or we just use .dge for all the binaries.
- plz add power off function
It's as easy as making your own .sh script. Details earlier in this thread.

@Seriousfeet
snes9x is easy to make it work in gmenu2x.
Simply select it from the menu and press "select" button, then choose "edit snes9x" from the list, enable "Selector Browser" and choose the path for the roms with "Selector Directory", then save it all with "start" button and you're done.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:49:01 am by zear »

hood

« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2010, 12:33:23 pm »
ok

fuzzi23

« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2010, 02:00:53 pm »
Is there a way to rename apps at the settings section like skin, wallpaper and so? Why there are more emulators as before under the dmenu are? Now I see c128, pet and so on, I wonder because no new emus added to the emu folder?

Hellsing1

« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2010, 02:19:35 pm »
Hi,

I think he C128, pet etc were always part of the Vice emulator. You just needed to manually add them.

Hellsing