Author Topic: fheroes2 release #1  (Read 27229 times)

eule

Re: fheroes2 release #1
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 03:29:31 pm »
Maybe you forgot to copy the heroes of might and magic 2 files?  ???

L[one]R

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 09:21:58 pm »
Great port. I really didn't see a port of Heroes 2 coming, so it's a very nice surprise. :D

Only big downside right now is scrolling around the map. I don't think improving mouse emulation will fix that. For easier scrolling hotkeys should be used (A + Dpad, for example?).
In addition to that I'd also loke to suggest a "mouse wrap" feature (or whatever you want to call it). For example, if a mouse goes off the right edge of the screen, it'll appear at the left edge of the screen. Sometimes it's faster this way than scrolling the mouse across the whole screen to the other side.

Also, any chance of seeing a working campaign mode anytime soon?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 09:27:34 pm by L[one]R »

zear (OP)

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 09:55:50 pm »
Great port. I really didn't see a port of Heroes 2 coming, so it's a very nice surprise. :D

Only big downside right now is scrolling around the map. I don't think improving mouse emulation will fix that. For easier scrolling hotkeys should be used (A + Dpad, for example?).
It is being worked on. So far there's one bug that prevents from nice scrolling with R+D-PAD combo. You can ask on our irc channel for a test binary :)
In addition to that I'd also loke to suggest a "mouse wrap" feature (or whatever you want to call it). For example, if a mouse goes off the right edge of the screen, it'll appear at the left edge of the screen. Sometimes it's faster this way than scrolling the mouse across the whole screen to the other side.
I'll test this and see if it's any good.
Also, any chance of seeing a working campaign mode anytime soon?
No idea, ask the original fheroes2 authors :)

ctrl_shift_esc

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 11:05:47 pm »
You be super kool. Bedankt!

pippo9

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 02:45:42 pm »
Hi, I?ve put data/.AGG files in data folder and .mp2 maps in to maps folder. But I can?t get it to work. It just shows some carbage on screen and won?t start?

I?ve taken the files from Heroes II gold. Can anybody give me some helping hand?  

Edit. It seems to run okay on my pc but won?t start on my dingoo. I think I have the correct rootfs( came with Gmenu2x Nuke 0.1)

EDIT2. Problem solved. Problem >> I?m a complete idiot.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:58:16 pm by pippo9 »

mrkingoo

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 04:42:55 pm »
EDIT2. Problem solved. Problem >> I?m a complete idiot.

He he I know the feeling. Welcome to the forum :)

HelmeetElGato

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 12:37:10 pm »
Hey there!   :)
Sensational port! This is my favorite game of all times, I have been addicted to it for years, never expected to play it on Dingoo... Come to think of it, am not sure if praise you or curse your name  ;)
Certainly, the mouse would be the major issue to fix, as is quite annoying in the general map and often an impediment during battle (doesn't read the diagonals quite well in the bottom of the screen, making some attacks impossible...)
While at it, is possible to change or double assign values to some keys in combat to agilize it? "skip" and "spell" would be appreciated... I don't know if this is possible, seem the trick done in another port pushing a button while holding another, much like the shift function...

Anyway, so far is a great work! I hope you continue working on it  :D
Many thanks and one free internet to you.-

zear (OP)

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 12:46:09 pm »
Thanks for the feedback :D
Making button combos would require redesigning the whole input code of fhereos, which I'd rather not do ;)
I'm waiting for the original authors to fix the mouse emulation, and once it's done I'll release a new version, which will also feature bindable buttons through the config file, so you should be able to remap them the way you like.

mrkingoo

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 03:49:13 pm »
Good to hear zear. Looking forward to next release :)

Rosenkranz

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 10:09:10 pm »
Would there be any new ports for fheroes2? There were no new posts in 5 months on this subject. I have noticed there are new ports on android with source file 20101215. Is there maybe a plan for dingoo too? ???

zear (OP)

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 11:35:43 pm »
Yes, I am still thinking of updating my port.
There are two problems I have to overcome though:
1) lack of time
2) changes in the code that made Dingoo port a little more problematic (means I need to spend more time working on it)

The port will be definitely updated, probably not in the upcoming weeks though, which I apologise for.

Just to update you guys on the current status of fheroes2:
* screen size glitch is now fixed
* the nice small icon gui on the world map has been replaced with huge icons from the "select" menu (one of the things i need to change for the dingoo port)
* the engine now uses a config file based button mapping, which means I need to set correct dingoo button values for all the actions the config file supports, as well as zero all the button actions not used by the dingoo, so they won't conflict. This complicates things a bit and I need to devote some time to it.
* AI code has been removed from the public repository, although I privately got a patch for it from the original author

All that changes in the current code are nothing crucial, although they require me to spend a good couple of nights working on them, and the constant code updates by the original author mean I have to do it in one unbroken flow, or my changes will go obsolete (which already happened few times) ;)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:50:57 pm by zear »

mrkingoo

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 08:23:05 am »
Thanks for project update zear and again thanks for a great port :)

Rosenkranz

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 08:33:31 pm »
Thank you Zear for a fast reply! There is never need for rush, so you don't need to apologise for lacking of time.

You still made a great port. If there are no big changes, you should wait when there are (like exchange armies between heroes or something similar). Still, thank you for letting us know what are the problems that you fight with.  :)

Jonis

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 12:02:34 am »
Cool. I gotta check this out!

Are you guys using the cd music or midi?  (I haven't installed it yet so I have no idea whether or not that choice is possible.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:39:26 am by Jonis »

mrkingoo

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 03:17:38 pm »
Been a while since I played it. But I think it was midi

samir

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 06:22:34 pm »
Any news about an update of fheroes for dingux, zear?

zear (OP)

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 11:00:57 pm »
Nope, and I don't really have time to update fhereos2, since I'm busy working on my own homebrew game.
This isn't an ultimate NO, but it won't happen in the near future.

virusmater

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2011, 10:23:42 am »
i can compile zear version of fheroes2 for OpenDingux with virtual mouse support

because i have graphic troubles with new versions of fheroes2..
http://dingoowiki.com - let's fill it!

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2014, 10:49:35 am »
Hi :)
I can't get fheroes2 going, there's only a black splash for a second.
My stuff: Dingoo A320 with OpenDingux, kernel: 3.4.0-dingux-00051-gd072b59, rootfs: 2010.11-001004-g133154c, fheroes2: 384MHz.
I've downloaded this: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,26,353
I've copied data and maps, and that's all.
I wonder very much why in this .tar.bz2 is another src.tar.bz2 - do I have to do something with it?
Cheers from Poland, Leszek.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 05:02:01 pm by 60659 »