Author Topic: Dingux-Atari: Atari 800/130/5200 Emulator for Dingux v1.1.0  (Read 17963 times)

Kalisiin

Re: Dingux-Atari: Atari 800/130/5200 Emulator for Dingux v1.1.0
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2009, 04:11:50 pm »
Wow. I haven't looked at this topic since my last post. If you're this frustrated with the emu then don't use it. It's just the 5200 for god's sakes. This system wasn't that great anyway.

http://www.screwattack.com/AVGN/2007/Atari5200 :)

Oh, Jesus, Mary, and Joseph the carpenter from Brooklyn Heights!!  I haven't laughed so hard in I can't tell you how long...thanks!!

Mega-huge karma for you.

Chris23235

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2009, 07:35:56 pm »
Wow. I haven't looked at this topic since my last post. If you're this frustrated with the emu then don't use it. It's just the 5200 for god's sakes. This system wasn't that great anyway.

http://www.screwattack.com/AVGN/2007/Atari5200 :)

Pure blasphemie brothers and sisters, you will all rot in Commodore hell, forced to play on this. ;)

Kalisiin

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2009, 07:54:34 pm »
Oh, well.
After beating my brains out...and then looking over my list of games I already had on 2600, 7800, and Lynx...I decided the 2 or 3 games that I had only on 5200 weren't worth the aggravation or disk space and I just dropped 5200.

I give props to anyone who can make an emu, I couldn't begin to....but...5200 just is too aggravating for my taste.  The 2 or 3 games I'm missing in Atari sets for 5200 I have in other emu, other consoles...so, there was no point, really of keeping the 5200 EMU around.

That said...the same author of that 5200 emu...is also the author of the 2600 and the 7800 emu's that I find to be fabulous, so...oh, well, just me I guess.  I don't find the 5200 to be worth the trouble.

QBert

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2009, 08:11:25 pm »
Pure blasphemie brothers and sisters, you will all rot in Commodore hell, forced to play on this. ;)

"The C64 version of Terminator 2: Judgment Day was designed for the console, but was included on a cartridge that required the user to press a key to access the game, rendering it unplayable."

Ouch! Reminds me of the 7800 version of Impossible Mission, in which it was (literally) impossible to complete the mission. :)

Chris23235

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2009, 08:16:50 pm »
Oh, well.
After beating my brains out...and then looking over my list of games I already had on 2600, 7800, and Lynx...I decided the 2 or 3 games that I had only on 5200 weren't worth the aggravation or disk space and I just dropped 5200.

I give props to anyone who can make an emu, I couldn't begin to....but...5200 just is too aggravating for my taste.  The 2 or 3 games I'm missing in Atari sets for 5200 I have in other emu, other consoles...so, there was no point, really of keeping the 5200 EMU around.

That said...the same author of that 5200 emu...is also the author of the 2600 and the 7800 emu's that I find to be fabulous, so...oh, well, just me I guess.  I don't find the 5200 to be worth the trouble.

The Emulator isn't a 5200 emulator, it emulates the Atari 400/800/XL/XE computers as well and on these machines you find plenty of gems like Archon, Archon II, Mule, Ballblazer, Koronis Rift, The Eidolon, Dropzone (yeah, this one alone is worth the emulator), Robotron 2084, Pitfall II (the Atari version had twice as many levels than the others), Elektraglide, Mercenary, Encounter (man was this on fast), Whistler Bros., Karateka, Boulder Dash (how could I forget THE best known game for the Ataris), Spy vs. Spy, Bristles and many many more. They are definitely worth more than a look, let's have a try.

Kalisiin

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2009, 08:27:05 pm »
Well...hope you enjoy Chris.

Ain't worth the effort, far as I'm concerned...the emu is just too aggravating.
And I have Archon on NES, anyway.

Hope you enjoy, Chris, but, for me...it's just too much effort, and too annoying and aggravating.

Translation: I don't *fudging* understand how to make this thing do half what it is supposed to be able to do, so...instead of asjking for help I won't get...and instead of being crapped on and treated like a moron for asking questions...I'll just go without it.

Sorry, folks, but that's kinda the way I feel.

You ask a question, and a lot of people act as if I'm an idiot for not knowing...or that I'm imposing on them to ask.

For example, no one EVER gave me a straight simple step-by-step answer as to how to frigging correctly map keys for different games...they just sneered at me.  Well, I don't need it.

For the three or four games I might miss out on, it just ain't worth it.

I'm tired of being sneered at and being given non-answers for my questions about how to set up this particular emu.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 10:08:55 pm by omgmog »

Goon8

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2009, 11:00:12 pm »

Hope you enjoy, Chris, but, for me...it's just too much effort, and too annoying and aggravating.

Translation: I don't fucking understand how to make this thing do half what it is supposed to be able to do, so...instead of asjking for help I won't get...and instead of being crapped on and treated like a moron for asking questions...I'll just go without it.

You ask a question, and a lot of people act as if I'm an idiot for not knowing...or that I'm imposing on them to ask.

For example, no one EVER gave me a straight simple step-by-step answer as to how to frigging correctly map keys for different games...they just sneered at me.  Well, I don't need it.

I'm tired of being sneered at and being given non-answers for my questions about how to set up this particular emu.
[/size]

If you don't like it, fix yourself!
Have you ever heard the saying "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say nothing at all" I think you could take a big fat lesson from that phrase.

MINUS KARMA!

Kalisiin

« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2009, 12:00:11 am »

Translation: I don't fucking understand how to make this thing do half what it is supposed to be able to do, so...instead of asjking for help I won't get...and instead of being crapped on and treated like a moron for asking questions...I'll just go without it.

[/size]

If you don't like it, fix yourself!
Have you ever heard the saying "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say nothing at all" I think you could take a big fat lesson from that phrase.

MINUS KARMA!

Yeah.  Maybe a few others around here could use the same freaking lesson...about not saying anything...if you aren't going to be helpful...or nice.

to hell with it, I don't care, I have praised both the 2600 and 7800 and the Lynx emu...all done by the same guy.

I couldn't program an emu if I tried...but, that said, an emu is only as good as it's playability...and I find the 5200 very lacking in that area.  It isn't the fault of the emu...it's the fault of the system being emu'd if you ask me.

But that's okay...go on and shit on me some more.  I'm used to it.

Everyone in life always shits on me, so why should you be any different?

Everyone ALWAYS takes and twists my words to the most rotten meaning/context possible, and then ascribes it to me...whether or not it was meant...so why should you be any different.

How about you just forget you ever saw me around here, and I'll pretend you don't exist, okay?

Goon8

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2009, 03:23:04 am »
There, there. It's no big deal. You're just way too sensitive some people such as myself see that and like it have a little play occasionally. Don't feel that I dislike you, because I don't!  :D

Here's some hlepful controls for you; maybe.
  In the original Atari menu :

LTrigger   Escape
    RTrigger   Start
    Y          Return
    B          Space

Joystick   Joystick

In the ATARI emulator window

Normal mapping :

Dingoo        Atari                   

B          Fire 1
  Y          Fire 2
  X          Start
  A          Select

Joystick   Joystick

LTrigger mapping :

Dingoo        Atari                   

B          Save state
  Y          FPS
  X          Load state
  A          Joystick

Up         Console Start
  Down       Console Select
  Left/Right Render mode

RTrigger mapping :

Dingoo        Atari                   

B          Auto-fire
  Y          Fire 2
  X          Return
  A          Space

Left/Right Dec/Inc fire
  Up         Console Option
  Down       Console Cold start

LTrigger   Toogle with L keyboard mapping
  RTrigger   Toggle with R keyboard mapping

Press Menu      to enter in emulator main menu.
  Press Select    open/close the virtual keyboard

In the main menu

RTrigger   Reset the emulator

X   Go Up directory
  B   Valid
  A   Valid
  Y   Go Back to the emulator window

The On-Screen Keyboard of "Danzel" and "Jeff Chen"

Use the stick to choose one of the 9 squares, and use
  A, B, X, Y to choose one of the 4 letters of the
  highlighted square.

Use LTrigger and RTrigger to see other 9 squares
  figures.

Now cheer up little missy!  :P

PS: I haven't actually tested this Emulator yet, due to being addicted to SMS games for the time being!

qbertaddict (OP)

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2009, 06:27:07 am »
I've helped whenever you asked me a question :)

I even sent the cfg files for the 5200 emulator :)

demon cleaner

• ClassicAmiga
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2009, 02:08:06 pm »
Quote from: Kalisiin

Why don't you try to be nice and not to get upset immediately when you don't get an answer straight away?

I think the Dingoo is a lot "learning by doing", and that's also the fun part about it. And you cannot ask everyone here to make you a step-by-step guide whenever you fail, as that seems to happen all the time. Every emulator has its own readme file, use them. And if you want to know something that doesn't work for you, or that's not in the readme, ask politely. It can be so easy.

Kalisiin

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2009, 03:01:44 pm »
I've helped whenever you asked me a question :)

I even sent the cfg files for the 5200 emulator :)

Yes.  You have been.
A lot of people, however, have not been.

And, yes, I am very emotionally sensitive.  So much so that it is literally disabling.

I am not kidding.  I work part-time and am on part-disability because of this.  So please, folks, have a heart, don't make my problems worse.

The main reason I'm trying to launch my own business....is to get off assistance altogether, and be self-sufficient...and yet, be in a position where I never have to deal with people.  Because I'm totally not able to do it.  I'm as inept, socially, as it gets.

I'm a victim of being raised in an abusive, alcoholic home, and am so permanently scarred from my experience, I will likely never fully recover.  so have a freaking heart, folks.  I been thru enough, okay?

Kalisiin

« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2009, 03:04:58 pm »
Quote from: Kalisiin

Why don't you try to be nice and not to get upset immediately when you don't get an answer straight away?

I think the Dingoo is a lot "learning by doing", and that's also the fun part about it. And you cannot ask everyone here to make you a step-by-step guide whenever you fail, as that seems to happen all the time. Every emulator has its own readme file, use them. And if you want to know something that doesn't work for you, or that's not in the readme, ask politely. It can be so easy.

I don't mind learning by doing...AS LONG AS I KNOW IN ADVANCE I'LL BE DOING IT RIGHT!!  I don't want to *fudge* up my Dingoo, ok?  and, a lot of times...stuff that should be included in the README files....IS NOT INCLUDED!!

I try to ask politely...only to usually get sneered at, made fun of, or yelled at...or called names.  and I'm sorry, but it hurts.  It hurts very badly...okay?

Try walking a mile in my shoes.  I'm so emotionally wrecked by my experiences in this life that it literally is disabling.  I will likely never fully recover.  so please don't add to my problems.  If you're not going to be nice to me, then just don't talk to me at all.  I can't take meanness.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 10:09:37 pm by omgmog »

omgmog

• * Administrator
  • Doesn't sleep.
    • omgmog.net
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2009, 05:16:29 pm »
Okay folks, get back on topic.

Post a new topic