Author Topic: [UPDATED][RELEASE] 64MB Dingux for A330  (Read 38077 times)

Stephanie

Re: [UPDATED][RELEASE] 64MB Dingux for A330
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2010, 05:17:09 pm »
There is an A330.hxf file available at dingoo.hk, you can find a link in the 'native firmware / general' area, in a thread about the a330 firmware working on the a320.

The 'hk fix' flashing tool is known to work on the a330.

Are you unable to even flash the original-spl back to your dingoo? That one should at least get you up and running again with native...

djetr007

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2010, 10:45:44 pm »
Hi,

I got my A330 today and am trying to install this version of Dingux.  I am having a few problems:

First, Windows XP doesn't automatically update the China Chip drivers on the a330 to the ingenics drivers in this download package.  When I try to manually update the drivers it says Cannot Continue Hardware Update and doesn't show the drivers as existing in the windows>drivers folder.  I then tried to uninstall the china chip drivers but they reinstall themselves automatically when I plug my a330 back in.

Second, I executed the windows install in this download and after choosing priority and typing 'run install' it says can not connect device, etc  and doesn't install the dual boot loader.  I believe this is due to the updated drivers not being installed on my a330 but I am unable to figure out how to install them.

I would greatly appreciate help as I too am a fellow Dingoo lover :)

Thanks.

Stephanie

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2010, 02:46:02 am »
Hi,

I got my A330 today and am trying to install this version of Dingux.  I am having a few problems:

First, Windows XP doesn't automatically update the China Chip drivers on the a330 to the ingenics drivers in this download package.  When I try to manually update the drivers it says Cannot Continue Hardware Update and doesn't show the drivers as existing in the windows>drivers folder.  I then tried to uninstall the china chip drivers but they reinstall themselves automatically when I plug my a330 back in.

Second, I executed the windows install in this download and after choosing priority and typing 'run install' it says can not connect device, etc  and doesn't install the dual boot loader.  I believe this is due to the updated drivers not being installed on my a330 but I am unable to figure out how to install them.

I would greatly appreciate help as I too am a fellow Dingoo lover :)

Thanks.

I don't know much about diagnosing windows problems as I don't use it myself but the only thing I can think of is that you aren't holding the "B" button when you turn on the dingoo - that puts it into 'usb mode'.

When you plug the dingoo into windows normally, then it shows up as a chinachip device, so if the chinachip drivers are coming up that means the dingoo is not in 'usb mode'. So unplug the dingoo, hold the B button down and turn it on (or reset it). this will turn it on but the screen stays black. Then you plug it in, and then windows should let you install the ingenic usb drivers.

djetr007

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2010, 07:01:06 am »
i am holding B and plugging in in USB mode.  the screen stays black and windows makes the sound of recognizing that something was plugged in but it does not show any device in My Computer or have any "new hardware found" pop up.  my dingoo is only recognized by the computer in regular plug in, but then i can't uninstall and update the drivers.  i really want this to work as i just bought my a330 :(     

classicparty

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2010, 07:31:44 am »
i am holding B and plugging in in USB mode.  the screen stays black and windows makes the sound of recognizing that something was plugged in but it does not show any device in My Computer or have any "new hardware found" pop up.  my dingoo is only recognized by the computer in regular plug in, but then i can't uninstall and update the drivers.  i really want this to work as i just bought my a330 :(     

Have you installed the driver before? If that's the case, try go to the control panel and choose and add the driver manually after the windows gave you the signal of recognizing something newly plugged in. It should be shown in the list if you've already installed it once before.

djetr007

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2010, 03:59:19 pm »
this is the first time ive plugged my a330 in.  i havent been prompted to install anything.  in non-usb mode it says found new hardware, china chipset pmp usb disk.   in usb mode it beeps, but then doesnt show anything or recognize the a330 is plugged in.  when i try to manually update the driver in non-usb mode it says there is no file this installation package that contains information about the hardware.

classicparty

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 03:06:05 am »
this is the first time ive plugged my a330 in.  i havent been prompted to install anything.  in non-usb mode it says found new hardware, china chipset pmp usb disk.   in usb mode it beeps, but then doesnt show anything or recognize the a330 is plugged in.  when i try to manually update the driver in non-usb mode it says there is no file this installation package that contains information about the hardware.

I think you should try maually update the driver while your dingoo is in USB mode through the control panel.

djetr007

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, 03:55:34 am »
i finally got it to work.  problem resolved.  i just needed to disable the hardware so it wouldn't automatically reinstall the china chip drivers.  thanks for all the help!  now if i can just find a star fox rom that will work for snes...

NeHe

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2010, 08:28:44 pm »
Still not able to install the 64mb fix... A330 crashes all the time (just locks up while plugged into the USB), talked with dingoo-digital-usa and they have no interest in trying to resolve the issue... can't say for sure it's a hardware issue because "installing dingux is trying to get the device to do something it's not meant to do"... so I either wait till others have the same issue and a patch is made for these fubared A330's or I wait till a 64mb official firmware comes out so I can then be sure if it also doesn't install my hardware is screwed up... very unhappy with the A330.

Stephanie

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2010, 12:50:15 am »
Still not able to install the 64mb fix... A330 crashes all the time (just locks up while plugged into the USB), talked with dingoo-digital-usa and they have no interest in trying to resolve the issue... can't say for sure it's a hardware issue because "installing dingux is trying to get the device to do something it's not meant to do"... so I either wait till others have the same issue and a patch is made for these fubared A330's or I wait till a 64mb official firmware comes out so I can then be sure if it also doesn't install my hardware is screwed up... very unhappy with the A330.

That really sucks. When it locks up when plugged into usb, do you mean like the native firmware doesn't allow you to transfer files etc?

For the 64mb dingux, the only other thing I can think of, if you haven't already tried, is use an unbricker tool to wipe & reinstall the native firmware from scratch, then give the 64mb dingux install another try... it's a longshot but it's the only thing left that I can think might make a difference.

NeHe

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2010, 07:55:05 am »
That really sucks. When it locks up when plugged into usb, do you mean like the native firmware doesn't allow you to transfer files etc?

For the 64mb dingux, the only other thing I can think of, if you haven't already tried, is use an unbricker tool to wipe & reinstall the native firmware from scratch, then give the 64mb dingux install another try... it's a longshot but it's the only thing left that I can think might make a difference.

I can transfer to and from it just fine, but there are times I unplug it after having it plugged in on my desk and it wont do anything... even if I safely remove hardware... I have to reset with a a pin to get it working again because it's stuck on the dingoo logo (shown while charging).

As for the unbricking it idea, qbertaddict spent at least 2 hours working on my device... maybe closer to 4... I'm not sure what all he did, but I'm pretty sure he tried everything... in the end he got 32 mb version of dingux working and dual boot loading (which I was not able to do).

Tupin

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2010, 10:01:11 pm »
I'm having trouble installing Dingux on the A330, I'm not sure where to start, is USB mode activated when the USB logo is on the screen?

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2010, 10:50:59 pm »
No, USB mode is started when powering on the Dingoo and holding B while that. The screen should stay black.

All this on an A320, should be the same though.

Tupin

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2010, 02:42:16 am »
Oh, the screen stays black? How do I find out the display driver and what do I do after that?

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2010, 12:45:55 pm »
Srsly, that?s all covered in the many guides to install dingux...
However: System - About - upleftdownupleftdown and you see the info screen. Probably you have a 9331 lcd.

SiENcE

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2010, 10:57:35 pm »
@Stephanie: What did you changed in the kernel to get 64mb? Patch please.

delta191

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2010, 12:20:00 am »
Hi all,

I think I've managed to get dingux on my a330 but when I press "select" and power on to boot the dingux, i get the dingux screen (black background with penguin 64mb) but then lots of white text which is very small and hard to read.

Do i need files put on my memory card? if so, what exactly are they? I tried putting the zImage file on my memory card, then all my "local" directory from my A320 memory card, still nothing :(

If anyone can point me to a download to put on my memory stick after installing Dingux on my A330, I'd be very greatful, I know i'm close.

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2010, 12:32:36 am »
Seeing lots of white text is a good sign, now you need a menu, like gmenu2x.  ;)
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-releases/gmenu2x-for-dingux-!/

edit: oh well, i didn?t read the sentence about the local pack...  sry ::)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 10:16:56 am by eule »

SiENcE

• Crank Gaming (Dingux Apps)
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2010, 09:22:03 am »
The a330 has lots of problems.

When i use my a320, for copying the kernel to sd.card and later boot into dingux it works without problems.
When i use my a330 for this, it hangs on kernel (display stays black or Dingux) or gmenu2x wont start.

I think it's an usb copy problem. Maybe this problem don't appear if you use an sd.card writer to copy kernel and or gmenu2x.

But who knows. I also got an error when i switch the a330 to tvout. After a couple of tries i realized, that gmenu2x was to problem. I changed my newest gmenu2x (ulis build) to an old one and it worked.

You should take the newest 64mb kernel-> http://sience.schattenkind.net/dingoo/SiENcE_downloads.htm

Soft17

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2010, 01:08:14 pm »
Hi to everyone...i m new ^^ (I m italian...so sorry 4 the bad english)
I have a dingo A-330...and i want install dingux....but i have some question about it...
I downloaded the pack with the drivers , and the file .bat for mod dingo.. But after the operation of the .Bat...i have the dingo with a White Screen..after 20 sec i Reset the dingo...( i dont know if is correct however)
I have now ,when i put ON the dingo , A "Fast" screen with Dingux! but after that i have the original opening and menu of dingo....
(I chose the second option -> Boot priority on Dingux)
P.s. Dingo goes faster than before...
So

I asked you...
 1)What i should to do?
 2)What i need to put in the Mini Sd? zImage and what? i dont understand what else i need in that pack -.-
 3)A good memory stick is the same (like the Ms of the psp) ? or i need A mini Sd with an adaptor -> MS?
 4)How i can change the men??..i read about of a Gxmen?...

Sorry 4 all this question...i hope you help me...
And please if you can....give me a file.zip with it all into what I put in sd

Or

give me a good guide to follow all the links and files that I need..

I hope in your answers...(i hope you understand me)
So Thanks in advance for the help..^^