I've already changed the things for the other post, but I'm testing if SDL improved something.
I changed the default volume to the maximum, re-enabled an option on audio settings to change it... there were two, I disabled both of them earlier but only "hardware" volume was useless.
Also changed the menu key to L, and disabled the hotkeys for save/load state that were assigned to L/R.
The video code wasn't using SDL, yesterday I managed to change some code to use it, with hardware surfaces and double buffering, but didn't see any improvements. In fact, I think 1 or 2 fps were lost :S, I want to check this before posting a new version.
I'll see about the samplerate, the best thing would be to re enable the option to change it, I'll try to fix it one more time. If I can't make it, I'll set the default samplerate higher, but when I was testing for the first release it wasn't smooth with the default dingoo clock (336 MHz).