Hi there i guess it's time for a new release of fceu320
Note that this is a beta because there are some problems with the new minimal driver.
First the audio can get out of sync when a game is playing too fast so you have lo lower
the cpu rate and/or change the sound sampling rate, and second and more important i haven't
been able to get rid of that annoying lag during gameplay.
But i discovered something weird, when i test the app using the terminal there is almost no lag at all,
but when i use dmenu to launch the emu it happens really often. You can tell because the emu
freezes during a short time and the audio makes some ugly noise.
But anyway i have uploaded the source code so i hope someone can take a look at the problem and
Well here is the complete list of Features:
- Based on latest fceux svn revision (4/03/2010).
- Great compatibility
- Builtin nsf player
- FDS support
NOTE: You must put a copy of your fds bios (disksys.rom)
in the /local/home/.fceux folder.
- 280x240 and fullscreen (320x240) video scale support.
- Blur filter support
- Fractional frameskip support: 1/3, 1/2 and 1. For example
for frameskip 1/3 one frame is skipped and three emulated.
- Zipped roms.
- Gui for configuration with almost all fceux options available.
- Built-in rom browser.
- FCM and FM2 movie formats supported.
NOTE: When a movie is selected the emu will ask for the
corresponding nes rom.
- Custom palette support
NOTE: As version 0.3 you need to choose the palette from the file
- Virtual mouse support; use the pad to move the cursor, A and B
are the mouse buttons.
- Support for zapper, oeka and other mouse (gun) like games.
- Support for fceux hotkeys (See controls for default hotkeys).
NOTE: Only 10 hotkeys can be set using R + key combo and not
all hotkeys are supported. Please read fceux documentation
for more info about hotkeys.
- Screenshot support.
And the Changelog:
* Added file browser to GUI.
* Rearenged all settings to three submenus: main, video and sound.
Almost every original option is available now; like ntsc tv emulation,
PAL timming, individual nes apu channel volume, etc.
* Added new 280x240 scaler in video settings.
* Merged last svn revision (4/03/2010).
* Added fcm and fm2 movie support.
* Added virtual mouse (gun) support.
* Added hotkeys support (See features).
* Added screenshot option to GUI. The screenshot is saved in png
format in the /usr/home/.fceux folder.
* Added softreset nes using power switch.
* Added option to save (override) default config to GUI.
NOTE: There is no option to recover the default config yet. So if you
want to do that just remove the /local/home/.fceux/fceux.cfg file.
* Added fractional frameskip (See features).
* Replaced SDL driver with a minimal driver using Slaanesh's minimal
* Fixed gui vsync. NOTE: Please be sure to remove all previous config files from /local/home/.fceux,
both the main fceux.cfg file and the cfg folder
Get it here:fceu320 v0.3beta
Get source here: Source code
Well see ya!