Author Topic: !Reader for Dingux  (Read 15983 times)

xzakox

!Reader for Dingux
« on: June 11, 2010, 04:08:53 pm »
Hello!

I've just ported to dingux the GP32 and GP2X !Reader e-reader, supporting txt, rtf, html, chm and pdf (text).
It's a fast port but it seems to work, please report bugs :-)
Inside the zip you have a Readme with instructions.

Thanks to hardyx for the gp2x port ;-)

Download here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LQDCJ2DW

darfgarf

Re: !Reader for Dingux
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 05:35:47 pm »
great, i can cross off html viewer from my list  ;D

just need a doc/ppt/etc or at least odf reader now

(putting it on the dingoo part of the archive would be good if you hadn't done so already)

Stephanie

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 05:44:41 pm »
Good work. Just a couple questions / quirks though...

It seems like it won't open things unless it recognizes the suffix? So I assume text files have to end in .txt?

It would be great if it would open anything, or try to open anything, or at least let us define some suffixes. Sometimes I want to read a .ini file or a .cfg file, or maybe a file with no suffix, like things in /proc... in all cases it is plain ascii text but doesn't end in txt.

Thanks, & cheers!

p.s. for some reason the open... dialog won't let me get out of the /boot directory and up to / - is it set to not allow access to the root directory? I hit accept on <..> but it won't go further than /boot
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 05:46:41 pm by Stephanie »

darfgarf

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 05:52:09 pm »
for some reason the open... dialog won't let me get out of the /boot directory and up to / - is it set to not allow access to the root directory? I hit accept on <..> but it won't go further than /boot
same here, probably because / isn't a real directory, or at least has a different 'filetype' when read or something, i bumped into the issue a while ago scanning folders/etc

zear

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 06:54:49 pm »
@xzakox
Is the source available somewhere? I would like to make a port for the Ben NanoNote. Also, is this software GPL?
Since it's binary compatible with dingux, !Reader works on it already, but with weird key config (http://wstaw.org/m/2010/06/11/reader.png), and having an opensource code would be really nice too.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:11:24 pm by zear »

xzakox

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 12:17:32 am »
Yeah, I have the source, but it's not opensource, and I was told not to release it, so... :/
But as the NanoNote is binary compatible as you say, if you told me a nice keymap for it, I can make another binary for the Ben.

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 01:01:56 am »
Yeah, I have the source, but it's not opensource, and I was told not to release it, so... :/
But as the NanoNote is binary compatible as you say, if you told me a nice keymap for it, I can make another binary for the Ben.

Enter - Accept
Backspace - Back
Up/Down - Scroll
Vol Up/Vol Down - Pg Up/Pg Down
Escape - Menu

Since the NanoNote has a pair of dedicated volume buttons next to the arrow keys, using those for Page Up/Down would make sense. I'm not sure which key-codes they return though, I'd have to get back to you on that.

Edit: Looks like the VolUp/VolDown buttons on the NN are bound to F11 and F12 by the way.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:51:30 am by xdpirate »

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 01:50:32 am »
Just wrote a super simple program in SDL that shows me the key codes for various keys, and loaded it up on my NanoNote:

Volume Up = 292
Volume Down = 293

The rest of the keys I listed have normal SDLKey constants (SDLK_ESCAPE, SDLK_RETURN, etc).

By the way, I tested the !Reader on the Dingoo, works great, and it's read every file I've thrown it yet! :) Thanks alot for your port, and I hope to see a BNN binary in the near future! :P

Btw, it wouldn't load on my NanoNote:

Code: [Select]
-main
-init
GpFatInit
Error al iniciar SDL: SDL not built with joystick support
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:53:45 am by xdpirate »

darfgarf

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 10:16:03 am »
and it's read every file I've thrown it yet! :)

give it a pdf file with lots of vector graphics  :P

oh and thatnks for the bindings of vol +/- been thinking of changing nupdfs' keybindings for the nn

(oh and all the joystick code needs removing from it, or the nanonote sdl library hasn't had the no joystick fix, dingoo had it about a year ago)

xzakox

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 11:05:44 am »
Ok, I make a quick port to the nanonote changing controls and removing SDL's joystick.
Can you test it?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MGDDTRZI

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 11:25:28 am »
and thatnks for the bindings of vol +/- been thinking of changing nupdfs' keybindings for the nn
No probs, I made this document this morning:
http://code.google.com/p/pirate-dev/downloads/detail?name=keyboard.c
That's a c-file containing defines for all the buttons on the NanoNote!

(oh and all the joystick code needs removing from it, or the nanonote sdl library hasn't had the no joystick fix, dingoo had it about a year ago)
I found out I had an ancient version of SDL, after reflashing !Reader works like a charm, albeit with weird keybindings.

Ok, I make a quick port to the nanonote changing controls and removing SDL's joystick.
Can you test it?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MGDDTRZI
Just tested it, works fine, except for the fact that the menu didn't open when I pressed Escape. Are you sure you're using the correct keycode? Check the keyboard.c file I linked above to verify that you are. :)

xzakox

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 11:32:32 am »
Yeah, I had an error there,
Just try this one:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=386YBK4R

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 11:53:55 am »
Yeah, I had an error there,
Just try this one:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=386YBK4R
Escape works now, but pressing Enter just quits the menu, it seems like Enter is mapped to Back, and Backspace is mapped to Accept, can this be correct?

Edit: You'll also have to update the "Quick help" help to reflect the Ben NanoNote keybinds, and list my name in the readme for help with keybinds, key codes and testing XD
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 11:56:20 am by xdpirate »

xzakox

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 12:14:45 pm »
lol!
Ok, try this one then, I updated swapped keys (it's a feature of the program to swap A and B since gp2x and gp32 are different), updated the help and Readme ;-)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RYQ9B56U

xdpirate

• * Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 12:36:29 pm »
lol!
Ok, try this one then, I updated swapped keys (it's a feature of the program to swap A and B since gp2x and gp32 are different), updated the help and Readme ;-)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RYQ9B56U
This works very good! Thanks alot!

Btw, you can remove the extension for the NanoNote binary, BNN binaries are usually without extension, though this doesn't matter much. In the readme, under Ben NanoNote where it says [[TODO]], you can just say to run it with "./reader", and you can put it in /usr/bin so you won't have to navigate to the folder where it's stored to run it each time.

I sent you a PM earlier btw, don't know if you noticed :)

flaming_goat

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 06:11:02 pm »
It dosent seem to read any of my PDF's it just gives me
ü...É*ü*ÿÿÿÿX at the top of the screen.

EDIT: It also says
unknown compression method Codecs F, valid s repeatedly in the logs.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:14:30 pm by flaming_goat »

darfgarf

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 06:15:52 pm »
It dosent seem to read any of my PDF's it just gives me

that's because they've got images in them, there just happens to be a much better pdf reader if you hadn't seen my signature yet  :P

scroll speed could be bumped up a little, but it has pageup/down, so it's not that much of an issue

yefeng

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 12:13:58 pm »
Only ASCII file?

wy_scorpio

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 01:15:57 pm »
nice work!
but this cant be display chinese language
There are language options menu, how to use the Chinese language?
if this can be support unicode,it will great..

L[one]R

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 03:33:30 am »
Nice port. Unfortunately, Russian language is not supported either. :/

And just being picky: hated almost all of the interface colors. They're way too saturated. Color options for text & BG aren't great either. But I guess it's the original program to blame. :S

Post a new topic