Author Topic: OpenDingux (2012-06-16) & gmenu2x  (Read 3521 times)

Amon_Re (OP)

OpenDingux (2012-06-16) & gmenu2x
« on: August 24, 2013, 11:01:54 pm »
Hi all,

After not having messed with my old Dingoo I decided to resurrect the machine. I installed the latest version of OpenDingux (I think) from http://www.treewalker.org/opendingux/ (release 2012-06-16) and I'm having an issue with gmenu2x.

It seems I'm unable to make gmenu2x to use /local/home/.gmenu2x/sections/emulators while other sections that do not exist in /usr/share/gmenu2x/sections work.

So I'm guessing the issue is that I can't create duplicate sections but that means I can't use those sections to store my links in.

Is there any way to get this to work?

DiegoSLTS

Re: OpenDingux (2012-06-16) & gmenu2x
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 12:10:06 am »
I don't understand what you're trying to do. You can add links to any section, there's no need to create another "emulators" section. Just press "Select" while you are in a section and chose "Add new link..." or something like that.

You don't need to store your emulators in the same folder that the section links are... in fact, I guess you can't do that because the root file system is a unique file, not a real directory structure. Just copy your emulators to any folder and add the links.

Amon_Re (OP)

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 10:09:38 am »
No, you misunderstand me. I use the gmenu2x function to scan for apps. These apps get added to the 'found dge' section. Sofar, everything works as expected.

When I then edit those shortcuts in the 'found dge' section to assign them to the existing emulators & applications sections,  all is well. They appear in said sections.

If I now reboot the Dingoo, the apps will be again in the 'found dge' section instead of the previous assigned sections.

I can create other sections and assign them to those and that will persist after a reboot, but anything assigned to the existing 'emulators' & 'applications' section is lost after a reboot.

The cause for this I guess is because those two sections are directories within the rootfs and thus read-only. Creating both directories within the /local/home/.gmenu2x directory does not replace the directories already existant within rootfs.

The easy fix would be to move the section directories out of the rootfs but that's read-only.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 10:21:11 am »
General idea, don't use the "search for dge" feature, it's broken and should have been removed: the links found cannot be moved to other sections... Instead, insert the links manually in the sections (select -> add link...).

piotr.pot

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 12:39:10 pm »
The cause for this I guess is because those two sections are directories within the rootfs and thus read-only. Creating both directories within the /local/home/.gmenu2x directory does not replace the directories already existant within rootfs.
Try to use "Add link" option in each section. That should create /local/home/.gmenu2x/sections/[section name] even if it's already exist in rootfs. The result should combine links from rootfs and local file systems.
The easy fix would be to move the section directories out of the rootfs but that's read-only.
You can't delete/edit/move default sections and links, because as you said rootfs is read-only. If you really want to dig into default entries the only way is to repack rootfs placed in your SD card root.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:43:44 pm by piotr.pot »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic