Author Topic: I have MAC OSX, how do I run Dingux?  (Read 3260 times)

KidFlash613 (OP)

I have MAC OSX, how do I run Dingux?
« on: July 06, 2013, 06:32:15 am »
Hello, I'm new to the community and wanted to say hi to everyone :D. At any rate, I have OSX running on my Mac. I've tried all of the guides and tutorials I've seen on youtube and on all of these forums, but everything works on windows only. So far I can run every emulator (even MAME) except for, NEO GEO, PSX, and N64. These are the last three emulators I would love to download, however I am limited with my resources. Forgive me if this question has been asked already and simply give me a link I can redirect to. If that isn't the case however, (And I'm sure it isn't, I've checked) please give me a step-by-step guide on how to install dingux and the dual-boot installer on my Dingoo A320. Oh, and in case you're wondering my Dingoo is LCM_MOUDLE_ILI9338. I also have a Mini-SD so don't worry about that. Thanks in advance, hope you guys reply soon! :D
:D Pick a God and Pray :D

zear

Re: I have MAC OSX, how do I run Dingux?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 11:57:42 am »
The binary of the flashing tool for OSX comes with the dual boot installer: http://code.google.com/p/dingoo-linux/downloads/detail?name=dingux_dual_boot_installer_20110420.zip&can=2&q=

The instructions are in the README inside, although it's essencially the same as flashing from Linux.

KidFlash613 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 09:33:57 am »
Thanks for the link, I've followed the instructions, I've put the files on my FAT32 mini-SD but when I put the a320 in boot mode and connect it to my MAC (OSX) nothing shows up and I can't continue the process of step 5 from the README.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:56:52 am by KidFlash613 »
:D Pick a God and Pray :D

zear

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 01:01:30 pm »
but when I put the a320 in boot mode and connect it to my MAC (OSX) nothing shows up
Nothing shows up where? There will be no feedback from the Dingoo itself. It should be stuck at the black screen until you hard reset it.
As for OSX - I have no clue if it reports the usb boot mode with some sort of graphical pop-up, but you can check with "dmesg" command to be certain whether the device is detected by the system.

I can't continue the process of step 5 from the README
Have you tried actually running the commands and they gave you errors, or you assumed it doesn't work and never run the commands in the first place?

Post a new topic
Post a new topic