• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: I can't reinstall dingux/opendingux.. :(  (Read 3752 times)

Masa (OP)

I can't reinstall dingux/opendingux.. :(
« on: November 12, 2012, 06:34:41 pm »
Okay, I downloaded opendingux successfully recently but I deleted it all and I wanted to start again, I resetted everything on the dingoo, uninstalled drivers and dualboot etc.. and I put all the original dingoo files back onto it, so I restarted and I managed to download the dualboot but when I set up my SD card.. man I've tried at least 20 times It just crashes on the boot screen. :(

zear

Re: I can't reinstall dingux/opendingux.. :(
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:29:49 pm »
Be sure the card is formatted as fat32 and that the kernel is named "zImage". Also double check if Windows doesn't hide file extensions while you rename, because then you'll end up with "zImage.bin", which won't get detected by the bootloader.

Masa (OP)

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 07:38:17 pm »
Also double check if Windows doesn't hide file extensions while you rename, because then you'll end up with "zImage.bin", which won't get detected by the bootloader.

This might just be the problem, let me check. :)

Masa (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 07:40:49 pm »
Nope, I reformatted as fat 32 and made the computer show file extensions at all times and made sure that it was rootfs.bin and just zImage. I also added zImage first and added the local pack last. Completely lost. :(

zear

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 07:49:57 pm »
Check if the card is detected by the native os. Maybe you're having connection issues with your card. Also, this is obvious, but just in case - the both files need to be on the root of the card, not in any directory.

Masa (OP)

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 07:57:42 pm »
Yeah they're just on the root of the card. When I check to see if is picked up by the native os on browser, it finds a "MiniSD", but when I go inside it it says "No File Found!"

zear

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 08:02:39 pm »
Then it's an issue with either the card or the card reader. Try to blow into the slot and on the pins in the card, then reinserting it a couple of times. If that doesn't help, try reformatting the card or use a different one.

Masa (OP)

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 08:08:12 pm »
Yeah.. I use a mini sd adapter with a micro sd card... I must need a new mini sd adapter right? Because the dingoo realises I've put a mini sd card in. It's a bummer because I bought it off amazon and had it since saturday. xD

Masa (OP)

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 08:23:31 pm »
Thanks Zear. :)

zear

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 08:26:38 pm »
I must need a new mini sd adapter right?
I'd first try to clean the pins on this one and put it in a couple of times. Sometimes the pins don't touch and the card doesn't work until you replug it.

Masa (OP)

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 08:37:11 pm »
OKAY I GOT IT TO WORK LIKE YOU SAID. :D
But when pressing select it came up with:
FATAL: cannot open /boot/rootfs (2)
Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! It is named rootfs.bin by the way.. but in the video tutorial by qbert this isn't the case :s

zear

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 09:13:43 pm »
Ok, we're half way through. The kernel boots, but the rootfs has issues. The rootfs for the OpenDingux kernel needs to be named "rootfs.bin", but for legacy dingux it was "rootfs". That's probably why qbert's tutorial has it that way.
Now I see 3 possible issues:
1) the card or the rootfs file is corrupted/damaged (check the md5sum for the rootfs, it should be ff1fc5ba65f759c0723bb8433e142809 for opendingux-rootfs.2012-06-16.bin)
2) You try to use OpenDingux rootfs with legacy kernel
3) Windows tries to hide the extensions and you renamed the file as "rootfs.bin.bin"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 09:17:54 pm by zear »

Masa (OP)

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 09:19:15 pm »
Okay, should I get that rootfs and replace it? Then add the local pack? :)

Masa (OP)

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 09:32:21 pm »
Okay, I used the zImage and rootfs from the opendingux website. It's all working now but what confuses me is I have no sound option (no speaker on the bottom bar neither) I can use sound mixer though.. why is mine different? Or was that sound feature on legacy? Thanks for all the help Zear. :) Really appreciate it.

zear

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 11:29:13 pm »
In OpenDingux to change the volume you either use the mixer icon or hold the power switch and press up/down keys.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic