Author Topic: How do I install ports such as eduke32, doom and how do I add DOSbox with arena?  (Read 2336 times)

Toothpick (OP)

I already have Dingux preinstalled from the last person that owned it, What do I need to download? where can I find it?, and can someone please explain in detail which folders they go in and how I set it up exactly?, basically list everything I need to do to add a port and add DOSbox with a game?

Then I'll be set, thanks.. remember.. high detail! I have a Dingoo A320 if that helps

zear

You can find all the software here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi
Just be sure to check if the game you are downloading is for Dingoo A320 and not Dingoo A380, the A380 guys recently littered that archive with their software.

As for instructions on how to install, it's all in the READMEs inside the game archives.

Toothpick (OP)

That didn't help much...

zear

Yes it did.
I wrote these READMEs for a reason, so I don't have to repeat myself every time someone new joins the forums.

DiegoSLTS

First of all, you shouldn't make multiple threads to ask the same questions.

As Zear said, open the "readme" files and follow those instructions. This text is from the readme file from eduke32:

Installation:
1) Copy the eduke32 directory somewhere on your filesystem
2) Put the duke3d.grp file from your original Duke Nukem 3D CD in the same directory
3) Run the ./eduke32.dge executable

Note: If you are upgrading from the older version, you might need to delete /local/home/.eduke32 directory first.
1 - It says "somewhere" because it doesn't matter where you put it. The root of the SD card, a subfolder, the internal memory. You can put the files in a folder named "eduke32" or "thatgamewithduke" and it's the same process.
2 - You need the CD, you have to search for that file on the CD and copy it to the same folder from step one
3 - Add a link to that file like I told you on your other thread.

If you get stuck in some of this steps please ask a more detailed question, asking only for more details is not enough to give you an answer.

Post a new topic