• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: help with PSX4ALL pls!  (Read 8035 times)

rob1701d

help with PSX4ALL pls!
« on: December 22, 2009, 04:45:16 pm »
ok fiirst off i HAVE checked all over the web for help with this and have been trying everything i can possibly think off before creating this topic.
i just cant get psx4all to work im running local 33b im only trying to run games that are green on the compatibality list. i have tried downloading the games and also used bin files that i ripped from my own ps1 cds ive tryed lots and lots of schp files (i understand u have to use schp7502.bin and rename it to schp1001.bin) i have tryed using the original 7502  and the 1001 bin files.
all i get is the psx emuator just crashes back to dingux ive checked display teminal after and it says "segmentation falult" if that helps
pls pls help if you can ive even tryed different versions of the emuator and formatted my sd card and reinstaled dingux just incase.
i didnt want to have to ask on here and look like a noob but im totally out of ideas. i normal like to figure these things out for myself but its been 3 days now and im stumped

thx peeps  

« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 04:54:32 pm by rob1701d »

Kalisiin

Re: help with PSX4ALL pls!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 04:58:19 pm »
I'll be watching this with great interest, because I can't even figure out how to install PSX4ALL...it's a serious monster, and nothing in the "readme" helps at all, it's all way to general and vague.

darfgarf

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 07:00:37 pm »
to install, just put it somewhere on the card, e.g. /local/psx, then make a shortcut to it in whichever menu system you use (note it'll be /usr/local/psx as linux sees it)

try re-installing it, and copying the rootfs to the card again, if you start getting things like segfaults just trying to launch something it's often the system being corrupt

Kalisiin

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 07:19:37 pm »
to install, just put it somewhere on the card, e.g. /local/psx, then make a shortcut to it in whichever menu system you use (note it'll be /usr/local/psx as linux sees it)

try re-installing it, and copying the rootfs to the card again, if you start getting things like segfaults just trying to launch something it's often the system being corrupt

I don't know that I downloaded the right thing.
What I downloaded was only 1.5MB, and does not have any folders.

Where would you put the ROMS for this?  At least MAME and FBA...have folders for this stuff?

This is why I am confused.  I have no idea how this installs.  Unless I should have downloaded something else?

darfgarf

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 07:23:09 pm »
you just put them wherever, personally i use /local/roms/psx, it doesn't actually matter as you choose them once it's running

so the first step is to get it running, really shouldn't be that hard, unless you've never used a computer before that is :P

just try copying over at least the rootfs, and the psx executable again, if it's not a corruption issue then it's a problem worth putting serious help into :D

santino

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 08:27:34 pm »
The PSX4ALL from my local pack definitly works. What games are you trying to play? Are you sure that your filesystem is alright?

rob1701d

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 09:38:56 pm »
ok... i got it to work! :)
im sory for starting a thread only to figure it out (well sort off) myself a few hours later. but hopfully what i did might help others

ok so i always use my laptop for eveything including sorting out my dingoo but my wife wanted to use it when she got in so i had to use the seldom used desktop pc to carry on with my psx problems. from my desktop pc i re-downloaded local 33b, backed up my roms etc and formatted the sd card.. i reinstalled everything and BLAM it works!!! the only thing i can think of is that it must have been the opertaing system (laptop has xp media centre desktop has xp pro) i think i read somthing about this on the forums when it comes to dual boot/flashing that other pcs have more success?! i may be wrong though.
only other thing i can add to help others is that you def need schp7502 and you need to rename it to schp1001. roms (in bin format) go in the root of the psx4all folder (local/emulator/psx4all for example) along with the schp file. this is what ive done to get it to work i hope its usefull to others having trouble.
and thx for all the replys guys and thx for the local packs too, was a life saver for me :)

ps i should add that i tried formating and reinstalling 33b several times on my laptop before which makes me think it must be somthing to do with the OS or laptop. as of now its the only thing i can think of
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 09:44:54 pm by rob1701d »

darfgarf

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 09:53:03 pm »
could be the way different versions format things, all windows's just do sd cards like any other drive/etc, which isn't really the best way to do it, i may have to experiment as mines corrupting frequently these days

santino

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 10:14:21 pm »
For me the games worked the best without a bios. You can use that option, without adding a biosfile.;)

ruffnutts

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 10:31:21 pm »
PSX4ALL Install to Dingux

Needed
Notepad 2.0 = google
psx4all-dingoo-20091022.zip = http://github.com/uli/psx4all-dingoo/downloads
scph7502.bin = google
psx4all icon = dingoonity.org in icon request post

First off, make a folder in your emulators folder call psx4all,
Then drop the psx4all file into the folder and download scph7502.bin and rename it to
scph1001.bin drop that in the same folder too and also make another folder inside called
games or roms :-)

Download the Icon for psx4all drop that in res/emulaors where all the other emulator
Icons are :-)

Download notpad 2.0 and open the file called - manu_emulator.cfg then copy this to
The config file.....then save it

MenuItem psx4all
{
Icon = "res/emulators/psx4all.png"
Name = " psx4all"
Executable = "./psx4all"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/emulators/psx4all"
}

note where ever you put this in the list is where it will be in the menu
in dingux 1st,2nd,3rd ect...

Hope this helped you all

ruffnutts :0)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 10:40:38 pm by ruffnutts »

Double_Wide

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 10:13:12 pm »
Ok, so I successfully installed Dingux on my A320 but I'm having trouble booting PSX4ALL. The icon appears in the DINGUX GUI but gives me a black command screen for a few seconds and goes back to the GUI. When I add a selector to the .cfg file, none of the files (including scph1001.bin, which is in the psx4all folder) doesn't boot the emulator up.  I have to questions about the setup:

1. What EXACT file name am I booting up when inserting the following portion of code into menu_emulator.cfg? There isn't an extentension or an extensionless file by the same name in the psx4all folder that I unzipped (see the highlighted):

MenuItem psx4all
{
Icon = "res/emulators/psx4all.png"
Name = " psx4all"
Executable = "./psx4all"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/emulators/psx4all
}

2. Should a selector be added to boot the emulator up (ex Selector= Yes)?

3. All the instructions say the same vague thing...but I notice that it never instructs you to unzip the file? If I am suppose to be unzipping the file then which file is it referencing when it tells me to drop it into the psx4all folder (exact name with extensions please)?

Sorry if I come of a bit frustrated, its just I was up all night trying figure out what I'm doing wrong and its bugging me. Any help would be appreciated...