• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Dual-boot on Vista  (Read 4383 times)

Dangoo (OP)

Dual-boot on Vista
« on: November 20, 2013, 11:15:35 pm »
Hello Good People,

I'm hoping to install OpenDingux on my a320. Seems installing the dual-boot system is the most difficult part of the process. Most of the guides I have seen are for XP or W7. Does anyone know of a step-by-step guide for installing it with Vista?

I'm not great at this kind of thing but can follow instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've downloaded 'dingux_dual_boot_installer_20110420.zip' but its what I have to do next that confuses me, I can't find precise instructions.

zear

Re: Dual-boot on Vista
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 02:40:13 pm »
The precise instructions are included in the README file of the very zip you downloaded.

Dangoo (OP)

Re: Dual-boot on Vista
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 06:47:09 pm »
The precise instructions are included in the README file of the very zip you downloaded.

Thanks for your reply, Zear. I have read that document - it might just be that I don't have the IT knowledge to follow the instructions.

For example, at point 3 it says 'and when you're asked for a driver location use the directory there you unpacked the dual boot files...' What does that mean? Have I got to unzip all the files that are in the zip file and put them in to a folder?

At point 5 it says 'Open a command shell (Start --> Run --> "cmd"), change to the directory where you unpacked the dual boot files and execute the following commands...' I don't know what a command shell is or how to do it!

Sorry if my lack of what must seem like the basics to you is a nuisance. Any help is appreciated. I wish there was youtube guide for Vista so I could just copy it like a robot!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic