• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Difficulty running MrDrillux  (Read 2396 times)

raygan (OP)

• I'm on Twitter and stuff...
Difficulty running MrDrillux
« on: April 28, 2012, 06:16:14 pm »
Hi All!

I'm getting more familiar with Dingux and really enjoying using some of the ports that are available. I'm a huge fan of Mr. Driller and was very excited to find the listing for MrDrillux on the Wiki, but so far I haven't been able to get it to work. When I install the app in the typical way (drag the folder into my /local/games/ folder, and add a shortcut to the MrDrillux file) and then run it, I just get a blank black blackscreen which persists for a very long time. I have waited over 5 minutes. Eventually I have to reset the Dingoo.

Has anyone been able to run this game? Have any tips on installing it? I'd love to get my drill on!

I am running legacy Dingux with the Science kernel, and the minimal local pack found here on the forum. I have a 9338LCD
if that makes any difference. I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Pingouin

Re: Difficulty running MrDrillux
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 11:12:36 pm »
Works fine for me (albeit it does take a while to load, maybe 30 seconds), copied the MrDrillux folder from the archive to the sd card. Which file do you run? You have to run MrDrillux, not MrDrillux.Linux.

I am running legacy Dingux with the Science kernel, and the minimal local pack found here on the forum. I have a 9338LCD if that makes any difference.

That could have to do with it, yes.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:15:33 pm by Pingouin »

raygan (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 11:14:22 pm »
I've tried both but I was definitely running "MrDrillux." hmm. Thanks for confirming.

raygan (OP)

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:05:28 am »
Would it be worth trying MrDrillux under OpenDingux? I have been planning on trying OD soon anyway, that might push me over the edge.

Pingouin

Re: Difficulty running MrDrillux
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 12:14:11 am »
Ner tried OD myself, it was flagged as "for developers" only, and an official stable version never popped out, so I always stuck to Dingux which supported a lot more software anyway.
Why not try "Mr Driller A" with the GBA emulator?
http://namco.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Driller_A

Or if it's in Japanese, Mr Driller 2:
http://namco.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Driller_2

raygan (OP)

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 12:19:55 am »
Oh good find. Somehow I did not know there was a GBA Mr Driller. That'll certainly take the sting out of not getting it working.

Edit: Yeah, Mr. Driller 2 for GBA runs great and is a great driller fix. Going to stop fiddling with MrDrillux for now.

Edit 2: I tried reverting to the original (bonobo) kernel while troubleshooting another issue, and MrDrillux booted just fine. Posting back here in case anyone ever runs in to this issue in the future.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 01:32:06 pm by raygan »

Post a new topic