• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: CZDoom/Doom1 : crashes when finding goodies  (Read 3280 times)

atari_afternoon (OP)

CZDoom/Doom1 : crashes when finding goodies
« on: November 11, 2011, 09:22:32 pm »
Doom 2 : absolutely no problems! BUT:
Doom 1: Whenever I run into a suit, a 200% health ball or the spectacles, it crashes. This is later very annoying since in certain levels, you cannot cross the path withut walking over them :(

Is there an easy explanation for it? I?m using the very same wad-file that has been working so well in 16 years of PC-gaming, and otherwise there is no prblems.

Thank you for your answers..

zear

Re: CZDoom/Doom1 : crashes when finding goodies
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 11:27:26 pm »
I've beaten Doom & Doom II using czdoom and never got any problems you've mentioned.

sq

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 12:13:50 am »
iirc czdoom is based on prboom, and prboom has the nasty habit of hanging everything when something's missing from the .wad. strange thing, since the rad suit, supercharge and lite goggles are all available in the shareware wad.

prboom mostly prefers doom version 1.9 aka the ultimate doom. maybe you should check which version is your main iwad.

atari_afternoon (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 12:10:09 am »
You were right - with this^^ newer wad it works now as perfect as my Doom 2 - thanks! :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:13:37 am by atari_afternoon »

Pingouin

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 09:05:32 pm »
iirc czdoom is based on prboom, and prboom has the nasty habit of hanging everything when something's missing from the .wad. strange thing, since the rad suit, supercharge and lite goggles are all available in the shareware wad.

prboom mostly prefers doom version 1.9 aka the ultimate doom. maybe you should check which version is your main iwad.

Yep, works for me two! I was stuck on E2M6 (I think) where a door requires picking up a power up to open.
Thanks! ;)

samir

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 09:34:13 pm »

Thanks!! Works for me too!

Post a new topic