Author Topic: Questions about installing OpenDingux  (Read 3308 times)

sirpicklesiv (OP)

Questions about installing OpenDingux
« on: August 22, 2015, 02:48:06 am »
Hello. To start off I have a Dingoo A320 with working OpenDingux installed. I wish to reinstall everything again and my question is about the dual-boot image. Is there an image that just completely wipes the original firmware/OS away? I don't really care for the original software, etc., and don't really like pressing Select during boot (a picky person I am). If there is a non-dual-boot image for OpenDingux or a way to compile one (I assume source code is available somewhere), I would be willing to try.

Thanks in advance.

cronot

Re: Questions about installing OpenDingux
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:06:37 pm »
There's no such thing as an OpenDingux build that is going to wipe out the original firmware. OpenDingux (or even legacy Dingux for that matter) can't be installed into the internal memory or flash ROM, so, even if it was possible to wipe the original firmware, you'd have nothing to gain from doing that.

With that said, there IS a boot loader available that will boot into (legacy or Open)Dingux by default, basically reversing the logic for boot selection, that is, doing nothing boots to Dingux, and holding SELECT on startup boots to the standard Dingoo firmware.

I'm too busy to find the link for you, but it's in here in one of the boards, use the search feature.

sirpicklesiv (OP)

Re: Questions about installing OpenDingux
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 03:08:45 pm »
There's no such thing as an OpenDingux build that is going to wipe out the original firmware. OpenDingux (or even legacy Dingux for that matter) can't be installed into the internal memory or flash ROM, so, even if it was possible to wipe the original firmware, you'd have nothing to gain from doing that.

With that said, there IS a boot loader available that will boot into (legacy or Open)Dingux by default, basically reversing the logic for boot selection, that is, doing nothing boots to Dingux, and holding SELECT on startup boots to the standard Dingoo firmware.

I'm too busy to find the link for you, but it's in here in one of the boards, use the search feature.
I'll check it out, thank you.

Post a new topic