• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Questions about Dingux  (Read 4342 times)

Bitoko

Questions about Dingux
« on: March 28, 2011, 01:28:52 am »
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and new to the Dingoo. I just discovered this awesome console two days ago and am ordering on this week (an a320.) I plan on installing Dingux on it, but I have some questions about it.

First- Where is the latest and best version of dingux, and is there a tutorial on installing it?

Second- How do the emulators work with it? I've only seen (in videos) snes9x, gameboy, and a sega one. Are these included in the dingux? And how do I access the NES and GBA emulators?

Third- Are there any tutorials for downloading new emulators etc?

Thanks for those that lend some help to me, I'm excited to get the dingoo and I want it to work as good as possible!

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
Re: Questions about Dingux
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 03:14:28 am »
My youtube channel has everything you need including links to the needed pacages

http://www.youtube.com/user/qbertaddict1?feature=mhum

Bitoko

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 03:53:30 am »
Thank you for your answer! That helps out a lot. One more question, if I want this: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingux-games-and-homebrew/dingux-local-pack-v0-35-31-05-2010/

Do I just do the same thing as in your video but with those files? (after installing dual boot)

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 02:35:49 pm »
Please don't use that. Use this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4BNRLQ4U . Then get the stuff you are going to use from THE ARCHIVE and the forums.

And maybe save your questions until you actually have the console and sd card in your hands.

campusten

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 07:09:35 pm »
Yeah, the Local Pack is way outdated and probably has a bunch of junk you don't want.  It's kind of a pain to find the version of each program you want and install it, but  at least you'll just have the programs you want and you can ensure that you have the latest versions.  You'll figure it out once you get it and play around with it. 

As for applications, Picodrive is a great Genesis emulator for Dingux.  for SNES, though, I'd suggest PocketSNES for the native system.  Also, the gameboy and Game Boy Advance emulators that come with the native are just fine in my opinion. 

mangge

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 08:09:44 pm »
I have not really get how complete dingux is any one how can tell my ??

whats the differences between Linux and dinux ?

can I do what i can do on Linux as on dinux

am interesting how wild it is abut install program and stuff like that ?

zear

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 08:38:47 pm »
I have not really get how complete dingux is any one how can tell my ??

whats the differences between Linux and dinux ?

can I do what i can do on Linux as on dinux

am interesting how wild it is abut install program and stuff like that ?
Dingux is just a nickname for a Linux port to the Dingoo Digital A320/Dingoo Tech A330.
Since this is a mips cpu platform, it is not binary compatible with PC Linux applications, meaning you can't run that games on the Dingoo unless they are recompiled.
The other limitations are hardware specs: screen size, lack of the gpu for 3D games and also some software limitations like the lack of X11, which pretty much narrows the number of available applications to SDL games.

Installing the games is as simple as copying them on the card and adding them to the list of the menu entries though a simple gui dialog.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:40:51 pm by zear »

kenmackow

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 09:45:30 pm »
Now that "MEGA" is no more, where can we get the 4BNRLQ4U package from?